• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Chewing?

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
I just realized a problem that a lot of anthros would have if they were real people.

How would they chew their food with their mouths closed?

I know a lot of them have cheeks, but what about snakes, sharks, wolves, and other animals with an elongated jaw structure?

Would other people just have to accept that they can't chew with their mouths closed?

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Well...they wouldn't....case closed.

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I guess that explains why anthros don't exist. They'd all die out due to their inability to chew with their mouths closed.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
So they would all be like my annoying ex from 2 years ago who couldn't eat without closing his trap... Great >__>
You just ruined furry for all of us.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I would of thought it was a no brainer that they would have bad table manners

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
If wild animals can do it even without hands, anthros will be able to eat fine. They share a mouth shape, for God's sake!
Only we have the right mouth shape and vocal chords to speak human languages. But hey, this is the furry fandom: Where cats and dogs can communicate through fluent English!

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Chewing is for casuals...

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Well from what I've seen from most vore pictures... furries don't seem to chew anyway. They just eat things like a duck. The teeth are just there for decoration. V:

VintageLynx

Analogue fuzzball
Well from what I've seen from most vore pictures... furries don't seem to chew anyway. They just eat things like a duck. The teeth are just there for decoration. V:

Thanks for the laugh - but that's so true.

Anyway what's so wrong with eating without sealing your lips? I kind of like dog and cat munching noises - better than lip smacks like my workmate does any day.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
How ever do the wild animals survive if they can't chew?

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Everybody knows that you have to chew-se your sona wisely!
There's a fat chance that anyone will jump to such a snappy conclusion. Otherwise it's a waist of time!

So I look at the aspect of chewing from a cultural perspective. I think it would be culturally acceptable for said animals to chew with there mouth open. they might get weird looks outside there "native" population. Like how some Americans think day of the dead is Mexican Halloween and don't know it is a religious thing. I love debating furgonomics.

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
With such a vast diversity of species in their societies, I'm sure exceptions would be made for some species' table manners. Sure the culture would be sophisticated enough to cut a steak and eat it bit by bit with a fork, but as far as chewing with their mouth closed, all I can see is exceptions being made and an interspecial understanding. If it was a society of mostly X species, I'm sure there would be awkward tension if a canine took a break to eat on a car trip. Awkward tension, but if society is sophisticated enough to have internet, the cultural barrier would be there but there would also still be an understanding, like if you cook burgers or steak and invite your Islam (is that the religion that won't eat beef?) friend over, there would surely be differences but everybody would understand.

Cassafrass

So you mean to tell me that you're worried about how anthros would chew with their mouths closed? XD

Well, I guess it's a reasonable enough question, and has a simple enough questions - they wouldn't. XD Kinda disgusting, I admit, but hey that's the price you would have to pay to be an animal, and I gotta say it's a pretty small one imo... ;P

ArmorcladCoyote

Red Wolf Inquisitor
Awkward tension, but if society is sophisticated enough to have internet, the cultural barrier would be there but there would also still be an understanding, like if you cook burgers or steak and invite your Islam (is that the religion that won't eat beef?) friend over, there would surely be differences but everybody would understand.

Hindus don't eat beef, Muslims and Jews don't eat pork, and Catholics aren't suppose to eat meat of animals that aren't aquatic on Friday but have trouble remembering that with the exception of the Friday before Lent.

Also some Hindus have decided that American cattle aren't holy so it's fine to eat them.

Felidire

I don't imagine the ones with sequential jaw closing would be able to chew with their mouths closed (they'd have a hard enough time simply chewing for that matter!) XD

Considering the sheer number of canines/vulpines/felines, I imagine that a good 75% or more of furries would eat like this at a restaurant. Even the damn otters would look like that, lmao! (albeit slightly hotter...)
... and the ones who don't look like that when they eat are probably just thankful they're not on the menu themselves, in what's apparently a predominantly carnivorous fandom.

Armored Chocobo

Let's Playing Avian
I don't imagine the ones with sequential jaw closing would be able to chew with their mouths closed (they'd have a hard enough time simply chewing for that matter!) XD

Considering the sheer number of canines/vulpines/felines, I imagine that a good 75% or more of furries would eat like this at a restaurant. Even the damn otters would look like that, lmao! (albeit slightly hotter...)
... and the ones who don't look like that when they eat are probably just thankful they're not on the menu themselves, in what's apparently a predominantly carnivorous fandom.

But hey, birds got the expanding throat so they can take a sub sandwich Coneheads style.

A

Abbi Normal

Why would anthros chew with their mouths open if neither humans nor animals do?