• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Chibis

fralea

I'm not used to drawing chibis, but I wanted to give it a shot. What do you think of how this turned out? Am I going in the right direction stylistically? What would make it more cute?

1511740083.fralea_cheeblylesm.png

W

WolfoxeCrevan

I think it looks great! But one thing I would do is make chibis look a little less muscular, cuz they're cuter that way.

fralea

I think it looks great! But one thing I would do is make chibis look a little less muscular, cuz they're cuter that way.

Well the character is a bodybuilder, so I don't think that would make sense ^^; Unless, do people prefer their characters' bodytypes be homogenized when in chibi form?

W

WolfoxeCrevan

Well the character is a bodybuilder, so I don't think that would make sense ^^; Unless, do people prefer their characters' bodytypes be homogenized when in chibi form?
I'm going to assume homogenized means something along the lines of "normal". Yeah, whenever I, or most people that I know draw chibis, we draw them with just a kind of cute/humorous average belly, sometime a bit on the chubby side too. But how you draw chibis really doesn't matter, it really just means you are drawing a character small. Which is what you did, so you are doing it right! I hope I'm somehow helping.

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
I think you did a great job! Personally I don't care for the overly super deformed chibis, so I prefer ones like yours - still detailed with chibi proportions.
I never figured it out myself, I just couldn't get those strange proportions to look decent enough while still looking like a chibi.

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
Unless, do people prefer their characters' bodytypes be homogenized when in chibi form?

I missed this, oops.
Absolutely not. I can't speak for the majority but personally, my characters body types are important. There are a lot of people with nice art who I wouldn't actually consider commissioning just because they put the same slightly chubby with very thick thighs body type on every character, chibi or not.

Varying body types on chibis is more difficult on normal proportions, so it makes your more impressive.

fralea

Okay, so I tried to make a more cute and rounded chibi, while still keeping a distinct body type. And I also made the colours more pastelly, I thought that might help. I desided to stick with the same character, since making muscles cute is apparently difficult, so I figured if I could make him cute then other characters would be easy in comparison!

What do you think, improvement? Any suggestions?

1512605631.fralea_chibilyle2.png

fralea

Okay I tried again. I think I increased the head size about 4 times while drawing this, and I tried to make the eyes bigger too. Its really hard, I want too much to make it "in proportion" lol. I'm not sure if I even went big enough this time, maybe I should try even bigger heads?

1512804634.fralea_belatucadros.png

W

WolfoxeCrevan

Okay I tried again. I think I increased the head size about 4 times while drawing this, and I tried to make the eyes bigger too. Its really hard, I want too much to make it "in proportion" lol. I'm not sure if I even went big enough this time, maybe I should try even bigger heads?

1512804634.fralea_belatucadros.png
YES! YOUVE NAILED IT! That's actually perfect, good job xD