• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Childhood misconceptions

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/santa_sleigh_1sfw.jpg :0 just an idea but aren't the people that dress up as Santa during Christmas time called Santa? whether it adheres to the common thought of Santa or not their still real even if he or they don't really fly around given presents o.o

*facepalm* You know I'm talking about the one that lives in the north pole and flies around the world in one night giving presents too all the good kids. I'm not talking about poor people with (mostly) fake beards who get drunk and have children sit on there lap asking if they've been "good" and "what they want" for Christmas. People who dress like santa are child molesters trying to get a little "happy" for there holidays. It's sick.

Vicious

On drugs?
Until around age 12 or so I thought gay guys had sex by just bumping dicks together. Now I know that is just one technique amoung others.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
For example, I used to think the letters LMNOP in the alphabet song were one letter, "Elemeno P." Like "elemeno" was some adjective describing "p." My preschool teacher put me in timeout for that >:C
Holy shit I thought I was the only one.

DarkChaos

I'm sure you're very special.
As a child, I thought that after you bought a product that was advertised on TV, they would stop showing the ads. I deduced this myself after receiving a copy of the Mouse Trap board game for Christmas, and then never saw the commercial again.

Didn't quite pan out after begging my parents for a bottle of Nexxus shampoo. I didn't know what it was, I just knew the commercials for it were cutting into my precious TV time too much.

:) whatever, not sure why it matters to much why i believe what i do (and i dont believe the man that flys around as already stated in my "smart ass" comment) and @ David m. awesome I wasn't trying to be a smart ass... o.o

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
Until around age 12 or so I thought gay guys had sex by just bumping dicks together. Now I know that is just one technique amoung others.

The BEST technique. 8)

:) whatever, not sure why it matters to much why i believe what i do (and i dont believe the man that flys around as already stated in my "smart ass" comment) and @ David m. awesome I wasn't trying to be a smart ass... o.o

It is now apparent to me that you couldn't be one even if you were trying.

I am disappoint.

Last edited:

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I thought the bad thoughts in my head were put there by the devil. Damn catholicism.
I used to believe that things were in my closet, and that they could see me through the reflection of the room on the doorknob to the closet.

F

Furygan

Somehow,for some reason,when playing Super Mario and dying,i thought he needed to go to the bathroom because he instantly left the screen...sounds odd eh? >.>

chipuplover

I used to think lady bugs would crawl up your nose and eat your brains. Also, to to me, the floor wasn't lava. I watched Tremors a lot when I was a kid, so to me, it was "Don't step on the floor of giant worms will eat your ass."

F

Furygan

I also thought there was actual dwarves that would play with your toys when you were asleep.

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
I also thought there was actual dwarves that would play with your toys when you were asleep.
That reminds me of the fridge elf who turned off the light in the refridgerator whenever you closed it.

Ahhhh, childhood memories.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Let's see...
I thought that my parents were genius' who could magicly fix any problem.
I thought that the tree outside my window could come to life at any time and eat me (damn you, Polterguist!).
I thought that if I let my hands dangle over the side of the bed while I slept, something would bite off my fingers.
I thought the clown would eat me (I'm still not convinced they wont).
And finally, I thought that if I was playing outside, and I came home less then caked with dirt, then I wasn't playing hard enough. Seriously, I actually thought that. I feel so bad for my mom now...

F

Furygan

And the transformers would be real.
By a firetruck i'd think it was Optimus.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
When my dad died, I was wondering how was gonna live underground, you konw, like eat, and go to the bathroom and stuff when he was in that box underground, and I often wondered if it'd get hot under there.

Another one was I thought my mom was dead when she was sleeping (she worked night shift).

And I used to not believe in God.

That's all for now.

Money tree was AWESOME! I was sure my mom was hiding one somewhere.. but then I realized we were poor >.>

I actually did that with Skittles(r) when I used to see the commercials. X3

F

Furygan

I Used to think dogs were Horrible,furious wild beasts that would eat you while they were only trying to play.

Beastcub

oh god lets see

i walked off the back of the couch without looking down thinking i wolf float on air like a loony toon

i was pissed i could not get the rug to be a magic carpet

my bro told me if i watched the apples on our tree long enough i would see them grow....i sat there forever

i always saw the O and X of the jack in the box logo as a fish since they were connected and looked like a little drawn fish so i called it the fish place

my sister and law and her friends were making cards for a bachelore party (my bros are all way older than me) and they would not let me int he room and when they did i thought the cards were owls with viels over their eyes...i now know why they were laughing at me so hard >_>;

i used to think that "don't step on a crack or you'll break your mama's back" thing was true and avoided cracks

every year we took a 3 hour trip to the beach and typically i slept through part of the trip and thus it seemed like we got there faster, so one time i pretended to be asleep to see if my dad drove faster when i was asleep >_<

i used to think you magically got smarter the older you got

Last edited:

Kivaari

Meow.
After watching one of the Homeward Bound movies, I wanted to go to Canada, and thought it was some mythical place that didn't exist.