• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Christian Furs

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Whatever your beliefs, I'm fine with them as long as you don't shove them in my face.

Such a shame that to far too many people. simply expressing or even having a belief or interest is considered 'shoving it in my face'.

Tao

Hare Boi
I'm not Christian but I went to Catholic school, which kinda sucked. After Catholic school I learned how different other Christians were from Catholics. Kinda freaky.

Traven V

Luna-tic.
Let me rephrase, if you have a body of idea's that you think are wrong you can't believe in them (with a couple special cases in philosophy.) This still holds for science; there are certain assumptions that have to be made that cannot be proven (mostly about perception and about how you can find things out.) They used to be debated but they aren't anymore, it isn't worth the effort.

Agreed, theory is important, imagination, fantasy as well. I was quick to comment on that. Still I say, through science at least they are reaching for a greater understanding and creation. With Christianity it's "Believe this or God will hate you and you will be sentenced to eternal damnation" smile and then say I will pray for you. (or shun, kill or alienate people, and make them feel bad for being human)

I guess you never heard of a paradigm shift.
Sry about that X3

Really believe what you want but if you believe in Christianity read the bible, read it! Don't go off a preacher, they don't tell you the whole truth.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously when you go ahead and tell me not to shove my views in your face when you go ahead and let your beliefs and stances be known up front and foremost.

I feel like there's a difference between letting your beliefs be known and shoving them in someone's face.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
Explain to me what "shoving beliefs in one's face" exactly is. Is it typing them out and physically covering someone's face with them? No? Is it simply owning one's beliefs and making them known?

Then tell me how Summerbun's "anything goes as long as ur not annoying to me lmao" mentality and their instant mention of it as soon as they entered the thread is not exactly that.

I'm not trying to be a bitch but it seems like people like to go ahead and say that someone is "shoving views around" as soon as said views do not align with those of the person complaining

The way I see it, simply saying "I have an opinion..." is, well, kinda the point of having an opinion. It becomes shoving it down someone's throat when people feel the need to bring that opinion up in every conversation and try to relate everything to it. For example, that crazy fundamentalist lady on YouTube that thinks Monster has a bunch of secret Satanic imagery on it. Sometimes a shitty energy drink is just a shitty energy drink, not everything is related to your beliefs. Also, when people say "Your opinion is wrong because it is not the same one I have." I make jokes about people's opinions being wrong fairly often, but I don't actually believe an opinion can be wrong. It's an opinion, it's subjective.

Barbados Aster

Balance of Chaos and Order
Ohh god everything is "satanic" nowadays..."Ohh look at those images in Katy Perry's music video...devil worshiper and apart of the Illuminati."

Blame the Call of Duty fans. They made that, made the Shrek is Love thing popular, and a bunch of other ridiculous stuff.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Ohh god everything is "satanic" nowadays..."Ohh look at those images in Katy Perry's music video...devil worshiper and apart of the Illuminati."

You have no idea. That kind of rhetoric is at an all-time trickle compared to the 80's and early 90's, when so much as uttering the word "Satanic" could actually have legal consequences down the line.

Ya'lls need to look up Hal Lindsey, Mike Warnke, Pat Pulling, Johanna Michaelsen, McMartin Preschool, the PMRC, and "Turmoil in the Toybox."

But, over time, I think many people got burned out on fundies crying "wolf" all the time (and causing a lot of hurt and harm in the process), and I think a lot of fundies learned that calling something "Satanic" usually only served to make people *more* curious about it.

Last edited:

Sylox

boi...chill out!
I just don't get the Illuminati thing and never will. Logically a group of that magnitude with the millions of members its claimed to have cannot exist simply because humans are social creatures and have a need to interact with others, so the secret would have slipped out by now. If you want to believe that a group that died out hundreds of years ago is running the world, go for it, just keep it to yourself.

-Sliqq-

Silo
I know. It's bullshit, alongside with all the stereotypes about freemasons. Hell, I might become one myself. They have a lodge right down the street from where I live.

But still, might as well keep the joke going haha

jtrekkie

Feathered
There is a large presence of "satanists" here in NM, mostly concentrated in a few key areas. They are still breeding children for human sacrifice, among other things.

Troj

All of that is a laughable urban myth. During the Satanic Panic, some hucksters went as far as to claim that ALL of the missing children in America (plus more than had actually been reported) had been killed by Satanists, while others just offered implausible stats on the millions of "breeder babies" that had been birthed on the downlow for sacrifice.

When people questioned these wonky stats, the hucksters would reply that, well, nobody had found the bodies and/or reported some of these children missing because there were portable crematoriums, and because the police, school teachers, and the government were all in on it.

That's why we need to always remember a useful little concept called "Occam's Razor."

Naturally, when the Church of Satan came forward to declare that Satanism is an atheistic philosophy that explicitly forbids harming children or animals, people would just pooh-pooh them and say that they either weren't the REAL Satanists, or that they were a front for the REAL Satanists.

When you look at the actual crime data, you find that it's fundamentalist Christians, New Agers, and Muslims who are much more likely to ritually or religiously abuse and kill children.

Most self-described devil worshippers who commit crimes don't even have a clear or coherent theology beyond "Slayer rules," "My parents suck so hard dude," and "With the blood in the shed it's a lonely view."

Oh, and I've met several Freemasons, too, and they strike me as being utterly, absolutely benign.

Last edited:

jtrekkie

Feathered
All of that is a laughable urban myth. During the Satanic Panic, some hucksters went as far as to claim that ALL of the missing children in America (plus more than had actually been reported) had been killed by Satanists, while others just offered implausible stats on the millions of "breeder babies" that had been birthed on the downlow for sacrifice.

When people questioned these wonky stats, the hucksters would reply that, well, nobody had found the bodies and/or reported some of these children missing because there were portable crematoriums, and because the police, school teachers, and the government were all in on it.

That's why we need to always remember a useful little concept called "Occam's Razor."

Naturally, when the Church of Satan came forward to declare that Satanism is an atheistic philosophy that explicitly forbids harming children or animals, people would just pooh-pooh them and say that they either weren't the REAL Satanists, or that they were a front for the REAL Satanists.

When you look at the actual crime data, you find that it's fundamentalist Christians, New Agers, and Muslims who are much more likely to ritually or religiously abuse and kill children.

Most self-described devil worshippers who commit crimes don't even have a clear or coherent theology beyond "Slayer rules," "My parents suck so hard dude," and "With the blood in the shed it's a lonely view."

Oh, and I've met several Freemasons, too, and they strike me as being utterly, absolutely benign.

I've witnessed it firsthand. My birth parents were involved in one such scheme, which is why I was adopted in the first place.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
I've witnessed it firsthand. My birth parents were involved in one such scheme, which is why I was adopted in the first place.

Are... Are you Kimmy Schmidt?

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Satanic stuff

I like the point you make about Fundamentalists being the ones who are more likely to ritually/religiously abuse and kill children. I remember all through the early 90's you would hear whispers of "Satanists" who would cut off kid's heads and such. Kinda silly looking back on it.

Satanic is such a cool word too. We need to make it positive. Like: "Man, Troj your posts are so Satanic~"

Nikolinni

Niko Linni
I just don't get the Illuminati thing and never will. Logically a group of that magnitude with the millions of members its claimed to have cannot exist simply because humans are social creatures and have a need to interact with others, so the secret would have slipped out by now. If you want to believe that a group that died out hundreds of years ago is running the world, go for it, just keep it to yourself.

I did hear an interesting take on The Illuminati from a friend - to them "The Illuminati" is merely what she uses to refer to the most richest/most powerfulest at the current era/time/whatever.

Troj

I like the point you make about Fundamentalists being the ones who are more likely to ritually/religiously abuse and kill children. I remember all through the early 90's you would hear whispers of "Satanists" who would cut off kid's heads and such. Kinda silly looking back on it.

Satanic is such a cool word too. We need to make it positive. Like: "Man, Troj your posts are so Satanic~"

Of course, I agree :D. I won't object to folks telling me my posts are Satanic ;).

When I briefly counseled survivors of religious abuse, 99% of those folks had been raised fundamentalist Christian. Many had stories that would curl your toes.

There are devil worshippers, but the funny thing about them is that they largely derive their loosey-goosey beliefs and practices from what Christians and the media say "Satanists" do.

If you try to go back to the source, so to speak, you find that a lot of so-called "Satanic" sources are either fabricated and fictional, or that they don't call their particular schtick "Satanism."

Meanwhile, the Satanic Bible immediately shuts yo ass down at the pass when it comes to worshiping literal supernatural entities, sacrificing babies, committing crimes, or slaughtering animals.

So, the more Mike Warnke and Geraldo Rivera shoot their mouth off about "Satanists" raping babies, vandalizing churches, and sacrificing puppies, the more ideas they give to pissed-off teenagers, disenfranchised psychopaths, and paranoid schizophrenics.

It's a bit like how, when the media paints furries as deranged sex perverts, we get more deranged sex perverts knocking at our door, looking just to have deranged perverted sex.

When it comes to conspiracies and plots, the sad irony is that people ignore the real ones, because the Tuskeegee Syphilis experiments, Operation Ajax, the bombing of Black Wall Street, and even just the ways ever-expanding corporations are influencing law and policy for their own benefit are less sexy and less fun to think about than what powerful shape-shifting lizard people are supposedly doing in the Bohemian Grove when they aren't blowing up the Twin Towers.

Last edited:

jtrekkie

Feathered
There were satanists long before LeVay and they remain active along side the other occult religions. Denying their existence does a disservice to peaceful peoples.

Also new age is a catch all and means very little. It even includes forms of paganism.

Troj

Eh, debatable, especially given that a lot of "historical Satanists" didn't actually self-describe as Satanists per se, or the accounts of them are muddled and muddied. Even today, people who worship or honor "dark" entities often don't call themselves Satanists.

Most of the devil-worshipping "Satanists" I've encountered in my life have been criminals or idiots whose belief system mostly consisted of "I'll make them all pay, using what I've learned from Deicide albums."

But, I'm definitely biased here, and I'm willing to cop to that. I try to be fair and accurate, but I definitely have a "slant" on these issues that I'm not particularly willing to compromise on. That definitely frustrates people who'd prefer me to be more tolerant and ecumenical in my attitudes.

"New Age" is definitely a loose, broad term that potentially encompasses a wide array of beliefs and practices, yes. Some people under that big umbrella are religiously-motivated child abusers, IMHO.

Last edited: