• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Christian Furs

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

GamingGal

Well this thread went off topic real fast. If you really want to be mature about it, don't do it on a religious holiday. X'D I think you know that though so. But other than that. This thread had this path coming lol

Sylox? Be mature about something? HA! Funny funny.

You guys are actually keeping this thread on topic and sane. I commend you :3

Naosrain

I at first read Zeus as Yesus and I was about to block you for trying to convert people to Kanyeism. >> (jk course)

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Screw Zeus, I want me some Aphrodite <3 Or Artemis. Mhmmmmm.

I'm sorry I'm going to go with Zeus also. Father of Olympians

meaning he's a daddy... And I can't recall how many women he's slept with so he's a stud, lightning charged sex machine

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I'm sorry I'm going to go with Zeus also. Father of Olympians

meaning he's a daddy... And I can't recall how many women he's slept with so he's a stud, lightning charged sex machine

He's fucked men, women, animals, gods, probably even rocks. Zeus is sorta all over the place.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
Well the FSM is just assumed to be above all other gods obviously, that wasn't even worth mentioning! :p
join me now for a pastafarian prayer
I believe Thou art the Creator of Goodness and Nourishment, and of Sustenance. I thank the Pasta, and the Sauce, and the Meatballs, for they provide me all my needs.
I thank Thee for the Many Beverages that Thou provides, for they engender true fellowship, and I will quaff them heartily, be they Beer, or Wine, or Sweet Iced Tea (in the South), or even Milk or Kool-Aid, for it is not good to withhold fluids, and I need to take care of my Body, as Beneficiary of Thine Holy Goodness.
I thank Thee for the giving of healthful Green Salad, the Yummy Garlic Bread, and the Blessed Cheese for the top of my Spaghetti, and also I am most thankful that If I eat All my Dinner, a Dessert of Extreme Chocolateness will surely follow, preferably Dark Chocolate, for it is Good.
I believe that Thou are neither Male, nor Female, but are instead beyond the reaches of the gender confusion of Man and Woman Kind, yea, thou are ageless, timeless and all-encompassing.
I most humbly thank Thee, oh Noodly Appendaged One, for Touching me with the mental capacity to adapt the mythologies of This Universe to aid and comfort me here, until that day I am able to join together with my Pastafarian Brothers and Sisters at the foot of the Beer Volcano, and enumerate my specifications at the Stripper Factory, so that happiness and contentedness and good cheer be present for all, forever and forever, Ramen

GamingGal

What does the phrase "Jesus is Lord" mean? Is Jesus God? Is God just fucking w/ us and Jesus is just a puppet?

Jesus/God/Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost) are all the same being. It's like how a woman can be a sister/daughter/mother all at once. Same entity, different face. God is, well, God. He is too holy for us to be able to actually look at Him or be in His presence, which is why He came to earth as Jesus. Jesus was fully human and fully God at the same time meaning he felt all the pain us humans feel and felt all the emotions we feel and went through all the issues humans went through then, but he could not sin because he was God. This being said, he did not want to do what he was required to do. In the Garden of Gethsemane while he was praying he asked for the cup (his death) to be passed from him. He knew it was going to be torture and the human part of him did not want that. Of course, he did what he had to do and in doing so took away the middle man (the priest and sacrifices and Old Testament laws) that used to be required to commune with God and become saved. The Holy Spirit is how God is generally seen to interact with humans. When someone is "saved" (which means they accept Jesus as their savior, acknowledge he was the son of God who came to provide forgiveness for our sins and a pathway to God) it is generally credited to the Holy Spirit having moved in the person's heart and the person having acknowledged this. It's hard to explain to someone who is a non-believer (not that I'm calling myself a believer, but I used to be), but when in church or something.....sometimes there is a palpable feeling in the air that is hard to explain other than saying it is the Holy Spirit being there (for God says where two or more are gathered in His name, He is there among them).

Does any of that make sense?

Sylox

boi...chill out!
Jesus/God/Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost) are all the same being. It's like how a woman can be a sister/daughter/mother all at once. Same entity, different face. God is, well, God. He is too holy for us to be able to actually look at Him or be in His presence, which is why He came to earth as Jesus. Jesus was fully human and fully God at the same time meaning he felt all the pain us humans feel and felt all the emotions we feel and went through all the issues humans went through then, but he could not sin because he was God. This being said, he did not want to do what he was required to do. In the Garden of Gethsemane while he was praying he asked for the cup (his death) to be passed from him. He knew it was going to be torture and the human part of him did not want that. Of course, he did what he had to do and in doing so took away the middle man (the priest and sacrifices and Old Testament laws) that used to be required to commune with God and become saved. The Holy Spirit is how God is generally seen to interact with humans. When someone is "saved" (which means they accept Jesus as their savior, acknowledge he was the son of God who came to provide forgiveness for our sins and a pathway to God) it is generally credited to the Holy Spirit having moved in the person's heart and the person having acknowledged this. It's hard to explain to someone who is a non-believer (not that I'm calling myself a believer, but I used to be), but when in church or something.....sometimes there is a palpable feeling in the air that is hard to explain other than saying it is the Holy Spirit being there (for God says where two or more are gathered in His name, He is there among them).

Does any of that make sense?

I've always been told Jesus is the son of God, not actually God himself.

GamingGal

I've always been told Jesus is the son of God, not actually God himself.

John 10:38
But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

--------

Jesus refers to himself and God as one in multiple occasions, but he is separate from God and the Holy Spirit as he says below:

John 16:25-28
“These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; an hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but will tell you plainly of the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf; 27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father. 28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father.”

-------

They are all one in the same, yet separate entities at the same time.

I met a Christian furry at ConFuzzled (UK con) a few years ago. He had a really cute otter partial suit and told me about how his church let him wear it there, which was pretty cool. :3

I've seen some people online saying that anthro animals are a sin and blah blah, but it's quite possible they were trollololols.

Basically we need to break down God into a way that we can understand. We cannot possibly understand how huge He is so we break him up into three. Its the same reason why Hinduism has like a million deities. They are all facets of Atman I believe, and Atman is pretty much just "that which is everything".