• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Christmas/New Year's 2020 Raffle/Event

Yakamaru

Your average Stand enjoyer
~Edit~
To reduce potential confusion and to clarify how this raffle works, this post will be edited accordingly.

Christmas is around the corner, and with it comes joy and happiness in not just receiving gifts but also giving them.

And with that in mind, I want to host an event/raffle to celebrate Christmas and the turn of the year into 2021, as well as give people an opportunity to participate if they so want to.

For the artists:
All you have to do is say you want to participate as an artist and drop your journal/price sheet and you will be listed up as an artist to choose from for participants/winners. You will not be numbered based upon when you chose to participate.

In the unlikely event that we get more than 4 interested artists currently due to a lack of interested participants, I will not guarantee that you will end up being picked for this raffle event by a raffle winner.

Journals/sheets with prices and the like will be listed in the post below this one.

For the participants:
All you really have to do is say "I want to participate" and you will be given a number based on when you chose to participate, like with any other raffle. Upon winning, you are free to choose an artist in the order you win. Winner 1 can freely choose artist, winner 2 cannot choose the artist picked by winner 1, winner 3 cannot choose an artist picked by winner 1 or 2, and so on.

Art, artstyle, what kind of art, etc, is entirely up to the winners to choose. There is a soft maximum of $50 per winner, but I can go a little over that depending on what's picked and what we've agreed upon.

This event will run until the 2nd of January where participation will be closed at midnight Central European Time. On the 3rd of January 21.00 CET raffle winners will be drawn and livestreamed through OBS, using an RNG to draw winners, possibly I may set up a temporary Discord server for this purpose as well. Link to the livestream/Discord server will be posted in this thread an hour prior, and will go live 5-10 minutes before 21.00. If you are uncertain about timezones you can always use a timezone converter.

There will be no repeat winners and no repeat artists. First person upon winning can freely choose artist, art and what art they want, upwards to around $50 in total. In the unlikely event that lets say, a shaded fullbody costs $55 we can always talk it over in DM's. Payment will occur over Paypal, and upon agreement the artist can send me their Paypal email, or an invoice in DM's.

Artists that are interested thus far:
Ovidia Dragoness
sushy
Vinfang
raineerizu
Lyrule

Participants thus far:
1 Punji
2 Zenoth
3 Xaiphaphonese
4 BlackDogYodel
5 Puggles
6 Jarren
7 Rassah
8 Pogo

Last edited:

Yakamaru

In the unlikely event that no artist(s) have posted before the 26th of December I may start asking around to keep the ball rolling for this event raffle.

Anyone interested in participating and potentially receiving gift art during this raffle are of course free to do so.

raineerizu prices:

sushy price sheet:

vinfang price sheet:

Ovidia prices:
$20 per 3D piece.
1607187120.ovithedragon_sunny_breeze.jpg
1607328608.ovithedragon_garnet.jpg

Lyrule:

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Hold on, artists would get paid <$50 for art, but you pocket the sum total of sold tickets?
???

Is there something unclear with this raffle/giveaway/event? Pretty sure I've been clear with how this event works?

Yakamaru

Hi, I am interested. My price list is here: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/23107601/
Ey, that's cool. Will send you a DM later on so we can work something out.

Will also give a list over interested artists/participants soon for the event itself. If anyone are interested in joining this raffle you have but to poke me and/or comment in this thread.

~Edit~
For the raffle winners, you are free to choose whatever combination for art you wish as long as it does not go beyond $50. Hmmmm.. I suppose can go a little over it depending on the art I suppose.

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Very nice of you Yaka! Merry Christmas all, hope whoever wins gets a nice piece of Xmas!
Thanks. <3

I am hoping more people will be interested in participating in this raffle. The more the merrier. Will give a list of interested people later today.

Yakamaru

Artists that are interested thus far:
Ovidia Dragoness
sushy
Vinfang
raineerizu

Participants thus far:
Punji
Zenoth
Xaiphaphonese
BlackDogYodel
Puggles
Jarren

We still have until the 2nd of January for people to register, so if you fancy joining this raffle as an artist or as a potential winner of free art feel free to contact me and/or post in this thread. Probably should've started this event more than two weeks ago due to people being gone and the like.. xD

Oh, and forgot to mention..
This is a PG-13 forum and the event will be held as such. Winners are otherwise free to choose any combination of art, be it a black and white sketch with a celcshaded fullbody for $50 or just a headshot for $15. The choice is ultimately yours. Winners can freely choose an artist that's not already been chosen by a previous winner.

For any artists that are interested but have a higher rate than $50, feel free to poke me and we could potentially work something out. The $50 is not set in stone.

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Yakamaru

Bump.

Reminder that people still have until the 2nd of January to register/sign up for this raffle event.

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
I shall toss my hat in the ring as a participant!

Yakamaru

I shall toss my hat in the ring as a participant!
Hey, Yakamaru :3 I can participate as artist too but will also as participant if Im not picked
Have added you both.

All participating artists will be included for this event, unless we go over 4 with the amount of limited participants that we currently have. Raffle winners are free to choose an artist, though cannot pick one that's been picked by a previous winner. This to make sure all artists are picked.

Rassah

I'm confused, how do you participate?

Yakamaru

I'm confused, how do you participate?
This works like any other raffle. All you have to do is say you want to participate in the raffle and your name will be listed. Only real difference is compared to other raffles is, there are different artists and several raffle winners.

Was the explanation in the OP hard to understand? Pretty sure I worded it correctly..

OP have been rephrased/edited to clarify how this raffle works. Hope it clarifies things.

Last edited:

Rassah

I was confused because usually a raffle is where you buy into something with a small amount, a winner is picked who gets a large portion of the buys or a gift bought with that money, and sometimes the raffle organizer keeps a cut. Raffle is basically lottery in US.

Yakamaru

I was confused because usually a raffle is where you buy into something with a small amount, a winner is picked who gets a large portion of the buys or a gift bought with that money, and sometimes the raffle organizer keeps a cut. Raffle is basically lottery in US.
????

^ Here's an example.

I see a LOT of raffles that neither require buy-in let alone need anything on your part other than following/watching/commenting. Isn't lottery buy-in whereas raffle you have the option of merely participating?

Though if you fancy joining let me know and I'll put you up on the list of interested participants as well.

Rassah

I guess I'll join. Nothing to lose, and one gets to gain?

Yakamaru

Oh, and for those that are concerned about privacy you can always set up a Ko-Fi. It doesn't reveal private information when sending/receiving money and is a good alternative. And unlike Paypal it doesn't take any fees either, so win-win.

Highly recommended if you have privacy concerns as an artist.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
I think it should be stressed once again that this is a free draw. Participation is free and the artists will be paid by Yakamaru.

There is no reason not to sign up!

Lyrule

Warrior of the Sun
Mind putting me down as an artist? I'll be offering icons! I unfortunately can't participate as a non-artist because my character refs aren't done. x:

Here's my price list along with example icons.