• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Christmas shopping

Torin_Darkflight

That's right, I just said the "C" word: Christmas. It's only the middle of October, really too early to seriously begin thinking about Christmas. But, a gradually increasing number of Christmas-related commercials on TV, combined with the fact that local stores are already putting decorations out on the shelves, is kinda forcing it on us.

So, it got me wondering...how many here have already started their Christmas shopping, whether it be presents or decorations? If you have, when did you start? And...dare I ask...are you finished already? :shock:

As for myself...I have started, but just barely. I haven't bought any presents yet. I ALMOST bought one yesterday, but ended up not doing so because the person it would have been for was with me at the time. However, I have already bought some Christmas decorations, got them about three weeks ago. Not very many tho, just a single box. It's a set of four lit color-changing balls powered by LEDs (The pretty future of Christmas lighting! Everyone, go buy some LED Christmas lights now!). I have no idea yet where exactly I'm gonna put them, but I know it'll be somewhere outdoors.

So...yeah, I guess you can say I've already started my Christmas shopping, but only barely. I have a long ways to go yet.

Evol

I keep Christmas lights on my porch all year, does that count?

joecifur

I turn into a notoriously huge fag over the whole Christmas thing, but now is a little too soon for me even. My partner reins me in until at least after Thanksgiving, but once that's over I usually go all out.

Haven't started Christmas shopping, though I did make a few preorders to wait and sell on ebay at the last minute. :)

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Current date: 19th October

Christmas shopping can go to hell but the stores are starting to advertise it now :(

emptyF

where my frogs at?
*shudder*
let's not talk about x-mas just yet, i work in the mall. actually, it gets me pumped up because this when i make the most money doing what i do (this year, selling cameras). mall hours are longer, traffic is insane, comissions are higher . . . call me crazy, but i love it. that's the thing about x-mas in the mall as an employee: you either love it or you quit.

oh, and almost all my shopping is done already. you'd have to be crazy to shop any later than november.

Aikon

I do all my Christmas shopping online with the exception of a few things. Just gotta make sure I do my shopping a month before Christmas day because mail takes a lot longer to get here :) I learned that the hard way when I started doing this two years ago.

I hate shopping in stores around this time of year. People take it too seriously.

biffiea

For me Christmas shopping begins in September. I have a huge family that show up during the holidays and finding that gift for each of them takes time. My first actual purchase was yesterday October 22. The best was to do it is to buy the gifts as you find them, unless you want to wait for black friday and the multitudes of Christmas sales. In which case, taking martial arts is highly recommened.

Icarus... You already have your Christmas music? We won't have ours 'till the middle of November! Lucky! I love Christmas music.

Let's see, the Hallowe'en blitz is on, but I have seen some 'join our Christmas club to save money' promotions, and the toy catalogues came in the post last week. You're really never too old to browse through a toy catalogue and go 'in my day we were happy if we got a lump of coal carved in the shape of Father Christmas, and we had to travel 15 miles in the snow to get it too'.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
ugh Christmas....was great when I was younger but now it drives me nuts ESPECIALLY Christmas music! I remember one year my mom or someone got me a CD with Chistmas songs on it (as a joke) and as soon as I saw what it was I took it downstairs and smacked it with a hammer about 100 times........so....yeah...

Moon-Baby

Transitional Lifeform
I went to Home Depot, and there was pine needles as far as the eye can see.
Also had Halloween decorations.

I was very confused.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
Moon-Baby said:
I went to Home Depot, and there was pine needles as far as the eye can see.
Also had Halloween decorations.

I was very confused.

If I saw that, I'd be screaming bloody murder!! :x

Torin_Darkflight

Near the end of October last year, our local Wal-Mart wannabe (Duckwall Alco, some of you in the southern states may have heard of them) put out a mannequin that was perfect for both Christmas and Halloween. It was perfect for Christmas because it was a Santa Claus mannequin. It was perfect for Halloween because it had no head.

Torin_Darkflight said:
Near the end of October last year, our local Wal-Mart wannabe (Duckwall Alco, some of you in the southern states may have heard of them) put out a mannequin that was perfect for both Christmas and Halloween. It was perfect for Christmas because it was a Santa Claus mannequin. It was perfect for Halloween because it had no head.

That is traumatic and hilarious in equal measure on so many levels.

Kattywampus

Miss Wampus, if you're nasty
Can't say I haven't thought about Christmas yet. Trying to decide how I'm gonna afford the stuff I want to get for my dear family. <3 Wanna buy bells for my catboys....
Also, I hope I finish my Christmas song that I started writing last year.