• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Christmas songs that mean something to you.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Yo, FAF. Merry fucking Christmas (Eve), Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings.

I've gotta go see a dear friend in a lil bit but before I do go, I wanna make one final thread for 2014. Christmas. It's a big time of year for a lot of people. And a lot of people are even celebrating it secularly now. Isn't that great?

And nothing quite gets me in the mood for Christmas like music but not just the stuff you hear at the malls and on your car radio. Some of our more seasoned users may remember I'm a musical nut and no two songs remind me more of Christmas than Muppet Christmas Carol's Feels like Christmas and THankful Heart.

So tell me, Faf...what Christmas songs really speak to you?

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
[yt]JLgeV02q4tw[/yt]

Falalalala go fuck yourself. :p

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
John Lennon's "War is Over" fills me with so many mixed emotions. You could see the song as trite and naive, or poignant and heartfelt.

I also rather like "O Come, O Come, Immanuel," because, musically, it's a gorgeous song, and the lyrics essentially speak to hungering and waiting for light, while waiting in darkness.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
This song is dedicated to all of you that will end up having a massive argument with family members you've spent the rest of the year avoiding like the plague tomorrow. :p

[yt]Pv0hlbWpa1w[/yt]

You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Living there almost dead
On a drip in that bed

You scum bag
You maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God
It's our last

^_^

ArmorcladCoyote

Red Wolf Inquisitor
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get into the Christmas spirit at all this year. The only song that have made me feel anything has been Darius Rucker's Your a Mean One Mr. Grinch http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBhYgHYsLQ It's the best cover of it I've heard yet.

Last edited:

Nashida

She do a blep
I'll Be Home For Christmas. I actually can't get through that song in one piece. I first heard it while I was teaching overseas in China, when I couldn't come home for Christmas. Meanwhile, my dad went to a Celtic Woman concert with my mom and they sang it there. First time he'd cried since I graduated.

jtrekkie

Feathered
There's many that speak to me for many reasons. One in particular is Silver Bells.

That was the first song I played at a formal event. I remember a woman came up to me afterwards and thanked me for playing it. She told that her family played it together when she was a little girl, at that was one of her fondest memories.

It was also the last song I played for my neighbor. She was very sweet, like a tiny grandmother to everyone. She had an old upright piano that she learned to play on. Her father won it, and It had deep scars where it was tied on the back of a covered wagon. The keys around middle C were worn halfway down from all if the music it made. Sometimes she would have come over and play for her. I miss her.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned

Vær

Mr. Prickles
Greensleeves always got to me. Not that "What Child Is This" bs. The original English folk song. It's beautiful.

Half-Note

Last edited:

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
My neighbor passed away recently and her favorite christmas carol was "Silent Night"
Now whenever I hear it it just makes me sad. Sleep in heavenly peace, neighbor.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
I think the only song that I still find really beautiful and nostalgic is The Last Noel. Not sure why, it's just really pretty.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Christmas Shoes and Same Old Lang Syne. They always just seem to grab at my heart and never let go

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I see a few "Christmas Shoes" in here.

I dunno, for me that song is a little too manipulative for my tastes. I'd much rather hear Fairytale of New York because even though it uses some offensive language its full of heart and mourning.

Christmas Shoes is just a little try hard with the "God killed that little boy's mom so rich white dude could learn a lesson" story.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
It still tugs the heartstrings, though...

And yes, not a "Christmas" song, but: God's Will *YouTube gave problems, this was the first vid of the song I could find that worked*