• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Claiming Abandoned Account???

Void.

I've sent a couple of emails to the one linked in the ToS FAQ and have gotten nothing back at all.
My boyfriend wanted the name but it was taken by an account that has been inactive for 3 years. (Last visible activity was on June 8th, 2011 01:03 AM)
Acct: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Filtiarn

Any answers would be helpful, he would really like this name.

quoting_mungo

Account claims are currently handled through TTs. File a ticket linking to the profile of the account name you want, and include the email you want associated with the account. If your boyfriend doesn't already have an account to file a ticket from, just make sure you mention it's for him so we. Can note it down correctly in account history.

JerryFoxcoon

The classy Captain Furfag
Well I think it's almost some sort of unwritten rule. I did claim (successfully) an abandoned account last year, I was told to file a trouble ticket. Then they checked if the account was completely inactive for an entire year, which means no faves, no submissions, no journals and no login. It really must be an empty account with absolutely no activity.

I was pretty lucky and the account I claimed only had around 150 views, nothing else and from what I was told, no login for over three years! Now I see the account you want to claim has favourites and journals. Because of that they may not agree to hand you the account unfortunately...

ohtar

Overworked & Underpaid
The ticket could take a while to get to. Anywhere from a month to a couple of years. From what I understand, they are insanely backlogged.