• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Classic Rock furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelfox

Are there any other furries on here who like stuff like Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, and other psychedelic rock music.

LobaHuskita

oh no....OH NO! D:
Indubitably :3

lobosabio

Dance the Mussolini
I've been told to listen to King Crimson but I've never gotten around to it.

KalinaEllenberg

All the time, it's my second favorite genre. Jimi Hendrix is on my top 10 favorite classic rock artists. According to my stoner friends, it is especially good when you are high :D

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
What, Hendrix good when your high. Try trippin balls out in the woods, thats when it really starts to get good. My car radio is almost exclusively tuned to the rock station in Greensboro.

KalinaEllenberg

AzurePhoenix said:
Try trippin balls out in the woods, thats when it really starts to get good

Not that I would know, but it is quite fun when you have an equal amount of people of both sexes.....until someone shouts "Cops!" when there really isn't....

Woofi

Go ask Alice. (I think she'll know...)

Azure

Mmmmmmmmmmm, White Rabbit. More fun than it should be.

Woofi

IT'S A SONG ABOUT DRUGS!? D:

parsley

Petroselinum crispum
Yay for classic rock! I recently bought a record player and dug my parents' old records out of a closet, so have been very much immersed in 60s-70s rock lately. I love early prog rock, like the Moody Blues, Yes, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, and King Crimson too... But anything psychedelic, proggy, or folk-y from that era I tend to enjoy. :)

Woofi

The Moody Blues are pretty much my favourite band. EVAR.

Nocturne

Nocelots? ὸὦό
ZEPPELIN... lesser known songs such as the rain song are good.

CLAPTON IS GOD.

Pink Floyd is amazing.

parsley

Petroselinum crispum
Woofi said:

Definitely one of my favorites too! Do you have a favorite album? Mine's probably "On the Threshold of a Dream."

Woofi

parsley said:
Woofi said:

Definitely one of my favorites too! Do you have a favorite album? Mine's probably "On the Threshold of a Dream."

"Days of Future Passed" I have to respect simply for being so conceptually brilliant. "Nights in White Satin" is, without a doubt, my favourite rock song.

parsley

Petroselinum crispum
"Days of Future Passed" is such a cohesive, wonderful album! I think that kind of thing is at the heart of my appreciation of 60s-70s rock music (and prog rock in particular)- it is album-oriented. You can't fast-forward past the bad tracks on vinyl as easily as you can with digital formats. The artist had to make something that you'd want to listen to in its entirety, and the Moody Blues were masterful at this. (Hooray for concept albums!)

Woofi

parsley said:
"Days of Future Passed" is such a cohesive, wonderful album! I think that kind of thing is at the heart of my appreciation of 60s-70s rock music (and prog rock in particular)- it is album-oriented. You can't fast-forward past the bad tracks on vinyl as easily as you can with digital formats. The artist had to make something that you'd want to listen to in its entirety, and the Moody Blues were masterful at this. (Hooray for concept albums!)

I've always wanted to release a concept album. I just... DON'T HAVE A BAND! :D

parsley

Petroselinum crispum
Woofi said:
I've always wanted to release a concept album. I just... DON'T HAVE A BAND! :D

I suppose that could turn out to be a slight problem... :p

Woofi

parsley said:
I suppose that could turn out to be a slight problem... :p

That's why I'm just wasting my time composing random incidental music.

AethWolf

Not so much the psychedelic stuff, but I <3 classic rock. Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Queen, AC/DC...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/AethWolf/Room/Room2/S5030008.jpg

That doesn't even show my completion of the Roth-era Van Halen albums or my copy of Houses of the Holy.

Alex Cross

Taste the Music
I'm a classic rock junkie.

People mentioned the Moody Blues earlier in this thread. I love them. I have every single album of theirs.

If you take a look at my own music, you can definitely pick up on my influences.

Azure

Some more good classic rock is Big Brother and the Holding Company, which a lot of people just mistake as Janis Joplin. That woman could probably drink half the population of the planet under the table, and then go do drugs, and wake up without a hangover. Also, rocking on the radio station is some Pink Floyd, and not the usual mainstream stuff the usually play, but my favorite Floyd song of all, Shine on You Crazy Diamond. RIP Syd Barrett. Also, anybody here got love for the Allman Brothers?

Woofi

AzurePhoenix said:
. . . Also, anybody here got love for the Allman Brothers?

Damn straight! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.