• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Classic Rock furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esplender

Heard that White Rabbit song by Jefferson Airplane, liked it. Haven't heard much of King Crimson. Got plenty of Joe Satriani. L'arc En Ciel on shrooms was amazing. Some other notable rock bands I like are The Cult and Uriah Heep.

Edit:
And fuck Krautrock.

Kasseth

AethWolf said:
Not so much the psychedelic stuff, but I <3 classic rock. Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Queen, AC/DC...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/AethWolf/Room/Room2/S5030008.jpg

That doesn't even show my completion of the Roth-era Van Halen albums or my copy of Houses of the Holy.

Don't forget Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bruce Springsteen, Boston, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Def Leppard-- and I could go on. There were a lot of great Classic Rock bands during that time period. Truly the glory days of Rock.

As far as I'm concerned, I love all of it. There's really nothing like it, anymore, and it's a shame. And given the popularity of Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I'd say I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
Reviving a dying thread... mostly because I never noticed it before now.

My main musical preference is new wave/80's, but I love a lot of classic rock. The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, the Police, the Who and David Bowie are all well-represented in my music collection. And even though I hate what they turned into, old Chicago is pretty damn good. A couple of people mentioned Yes-- I love them too. Just this past weekend I was at a restaurant with about a dozen other furs, and "Roundabout" came on over the music system. I went nuts lol. For the next 8 1/2 minutes I couldn't talk to anyone because I was so busy grooving along to it lol. Then, after that, the Pretenders came on, and that took me out of the conversation for another 4 minutes lol.

Arden

Does Eric Clapton , and the Bad Company count?

gunnerboy

i love rock. old or new.
DRAGONFORCE!!!!!!!!

Woofi

Dragonforce ruined Guitar Hero.
Modern Rock ruined Guitar Hero.
New management ruined Guitar Hero.
Guitar Hero sucks.
Thanks. Assholes. ಠ_ಠ

D

Dave Tianlong

I'm not really into classic rock, but I have a strong burning passion for Led Zeppelin. Queen's alright, too, I suppose.

But other than that, I only listen to metal of all kinds, like Metallica and Slayer. >_>;;

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Woofi said:
Dragonforce ruined Guitar Hero.
Modern Rock ruined Guitar Hero.
New management ruined Guitar Hero.
Guitar Hero sucks.
Thanks. Assholes. ಠ_ಠ

Seconded. Guitar Hero sucks, if you want to look cool, pick up a real guitar folks. Also, Dragonforce shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread, it is insulting to actual good music. They are totally too late, the 80s were 20 years ago.

rexcat

Count me as a fan! :smile:
In fact, did you know that this is the 40th anniversary of prog rock coming out of the underground?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.