• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Classical furs?

D

Domjoe414

Any furs here with a special love for/appreciation of classical music? If so, list your favorite three pieces here!

Kumali

Lupine-American
Anything by Bach - the cello suites, the solo violin sonatas and partitas, the Brandenburg Concertos, The Christmas Oratorio, The Goldberg Variations and The Art of the Fugue are just a few of my faves. Also like Vivaldi and Pachelbel from that period.

Arvo Pärt - again, pretty much anything; I especially love Fratres and Tabula Rasa

Any Palestrina mass

(My taste in "classical" music pretty much stops with Bach's death and the end of the Baroque period in 1750, then picks up again with certain 20th-century composers like Britten and Pärt, but it goes backward from the Baroque through the Renaissance and into the medieval and Gregorian chant)

aomagrat

I like Franz Liszt. I was introduced to him by the golden age theatrical shorts "The Cat Concerto" by MGM, staring Tom and Jerry, which won the Academy Award for short films in 1947, and "Rhapsody Rabbit" by Warner Brothers, staring Bugs Bunny, which was nominated for the Academy Award for short films in 1947. Both films featured Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody #2.

D

Domjoe414

Anything by Bach - the cello suites, the solo violin sonatas and partitas, the Brandenburg Concertos, The Christmas Oratorio, The Goldberg Variations and The Art of the Fugue are just a few of my faves. Also like Vivaldi and Pachelbel from that period.

Arvo Pärt - again, pretty much anything; I especially love Fratres and Tabula Rasa

Any Palestrina mass

(My taste in "classical" music pretty much stops with Bach's death and the end of the Baroque period in 1750, then picks up again with certain 20th-century composers like Britten and Pärt, but it goes backward from the Baroque through the Renaissance and into the medieval and Gregorian chant)
Ah Bach is incredible. Have you heard his 13th and 14th inventions? Those are some of my favorites of his.

Incumouse

Simply One Hell of a Mouse
I am a simple man who enjoys pretty much any classical music that devolves into "chaos".

I good example is likely Danse Macabre (Camille Saint-Saëns), In the Hall of the Mountain King (Grieg), and Can-Can (Offenbach); however, I will also listen to more "classic" classical music as well such as Mozart and Beethoven.."