• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cliché furries

Byron

Moshi Moshi, Byron Desu~
Here's a special snowflake:

Byron

Moshi Moshi, Byron Desu~
It's from an occasionally funny Adult Swim show called Squidbillies. I'm surprised that was an obscure reference.

sidewalksurfboard

Depressive Rat
It's from an occasionally funny Adult Swim show called Squidbillies. I'm surprised that was an obscure reference.
I was surprised nobody else got it either.

PrincessParrot

800 Salted Almonds
Horse dick on everything. Dog with horsedick, bird with horsedick, fish with horsedick, etc.

Birds with horse dicks are a massive problem

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
haha oh god.

For a sec I thought you said "iron angels" and I was like "how is this cliche????" and then I got it *facepalm* lol

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Ironic angels. White feather wings and sometimes halos, but they're naughty.

Not me 0: ) hehe, Mine is neither ironic or angelic. Pseudo-angelic perhaps since most attribute white wings to that, but I am merely a hybrid

Ratical

haha oh god.

For a sec I thought you said "iron angels" and I was like "how is this cliche????" and then I got it *facepalm* lol

80s German speed metal bands are so cliche at this point. Who knew furries were so spastic, retro, and Deutsch?

Not me 0: ) hehe, Mine is neither ironic or angelic. Pseudo-angelic perhaps since most attribute white wings to that, but I am merely a hybrid

Sure. You're lucky, though, you could pass for an angel and probably get out of lots of stuff. You have wings and literal puppy-dog eyes. You could steal from someone in front of their own mom and get away with it.

SodaBubbles

The funny thing is I told my gf and we started with Iron Man with wings and ended with Iron Man stealing Falcon's rocket pack. Good times.

Ya could steal someone's own mom and get away with it.

S

Sar

Instead of making your fursona like a living gonzo, like putting some kind of all hybrid and eyesores of unnatural colours and crap like that; Perhaps take time to introduce some character development. You can easily have a better fursona if they look like normal in a furry world that would be interesting to talk to and look believable than to create a special snowflake with a completely predictable bore of a personality. Seriously, the more you try for uniqueness the more cliche you become.

SodaBubbles

BUT I WANNA BE A SPESHUL AND YOONEEK SNOFLAEK WHEN U LOOK AT ME ow ow ow my brain. I understand where you're coming from, but I think that some is okay at the same time (probably because I'm guilty of it), but definitely stop trying to cram all of the uniqueness into the design.

S

Sar

I understand where you're coming from, but I think that some is okay at the same time (probably because I'm guilty of it), but definitely stop trying to cram all of the uniqueness into the design.

Not to me personally, but different strokes for different folks. I just can't get interested in something that glows in the dark, or saturated in bright colours or whatever. Saying that, if the colour scheme fits then I've got a little leeway, but you know how much Furries with that kind of 'sona can't settle and aren't able to colour-coordinate.

Ratical

I don't think anyone's said taurs yet. Particularly something with other than a traditional centaur bottom. Foxtaurs are probably the most common. Heck, 'taur' is probably synonymous with 'em here. Sorta skirts the line between anthro and feral, so I could see the appeal, but that's a lotta limbs.

Then there's the people who make foxtaur suits. I'm not even 100% sure how they work, but I'd hope there aren't two people in there.

The funny thing is I told my gf and we started with Iron Man with wings and ended with Iron Man stealing Falcon's rocket pack. Good times.

I'm actually sorta liking that. :p

JerryFoxcoon

The classy Captain Furfag
Instead of making your fursona like a living gonzo, like putting some kind of all hybrid and eyesores of unnatural colours and crap like that; Perhaps take time to introduce some character development. You can easily have a better fursona if they look like normal in a furry world that would be interesting to talk to and look believable than to create a special snowflake with a completely predictable bore of a personality. Seriously, the more you try for uniqueness the more cliche you become.

That being said, a realistic-looking hybrid can look cool.

Don't I look cool? C:

Maugryph

No. It looks like most Tails OCs. I'm giving it a 0/10 because you didn't read/understand.

His avi is a fox that is inspired by Miles Tails Prowler and has no raccoon features* . Hence its not a hybrid nor does it look realistic. What did I misunderstand? or are you speaking to Jerrycoon?

(*in his ref that he provided after I made the comment, the tail does has coon markings, but I was referring to his avi which only showed his face)

Last edited: