• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

clichés in movies you don't like

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Spandex heroes being more concerned with the *spectacle* of heroism than lasting positive change. The juvenile sentiment "If you kill the villains, you'll be just like them" speaks to this.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Spandex heroes being more concerned with the *spectacle* of heroism than lasting positive change. The juvenile sentiment "If you kill the villains, you'll be just like them" speaks to this.

Yeah, that is one reason I made my character Cyrus the son of my villainess. He understands why people are evil as he has an evil brother and he realizes that it's more about doing what's right than looking flashy.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
I really hate this cliche, especially when the heroes only reason is "it's wrong to kill a human."

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I know this goes across a lot of media and I'm guilty of liking a lot of games and movies with this, but the "magical green rocks" Kryptonite, Tiberium, vibranium. Any sort of supernatural element that is the deus ex machina of the story. Why do I hate it? Because it's always the thing the villain has more of and they use it as a weapon. Heck, even the Chaos Emeralds are this. That one super metaloid that everyone and their grandmother is after and it can be the only element that can be the weakness to a super powered character, like Superman or a mutant from Marvel.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Yet they also would give the concussions, tendinitis, cause them to go blind, deaf, ect ect. But oh no they won't kill them.

I'm looking at you Batman.
Caped "Crusader" my hinnie.

sleepy kitty

(◡‿◡✿) ꪑꫀꪮ᭙
You forget one thing, Superman grew up in humble origins on a farm. It's in his upbringing to be humble. He's not Bruce Wayne born into a life of luxury and prestige.
I'm also guessing Superman is in love with Lois.

If someone doesn't like people being in relationships like that, they obviously have never been in love.

Some people just never meet "the one" in their lifetime. And then there are some that do.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
1)
Those extras getting slaughtered in battles which is basically a form of exaggerated argument, because the protagonists and antagonists didn't make a good conversation while they could.

R.I.P, extras.

2)
Law enforcement units/military are usually either A) cleaners after the party or B) those existing only to be killed, or both. And as if that's not enough, the LE/Mil are often there to do dramatic teamkill acts against protagonists.

Come on, real life cops and military ain't that humble.. (well, there're some exceptions irl too, though)

Last edited:

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
A stray cat bit my brother's leg. Some truth in television. Cats for the most part are predatorial animals that are "selfish".
And supposedly trustworthy pet dogs often kill their owners. Your point is? Cats are not perfect but dogs are not better than them.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
And supposedly trustworthy pet dogs often kill their owners. Your point is? Cats are not perfect but dogs are not better than them.

I have never heard of a dog killing their owner without rabies. You'd have to be very old or you trip over them.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Question, do you know how many of those are related to.

1) Animal abuse or neglect.

2) Rabbies.

3) territorial issues with the male alpha dog.

4) the owner being elderly and the dog playing too rough or tripping them.
I don't want to argue, I don't have the energy, but how many cats have killed their owners? Think about that. A stray cat biting someone is nothing compared to what a dog can do, whatever the circumstances.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I don't want to argue, I don't have the energy, but how many cats have killed their owners? Think about that. A stray cat biting someone is nothing compared to what a dog can do, whatever the circumstances.

Cats can claw your eyes out, they can have rabbis, they can claw into your neck, they can do a lot actually. Ever seen the video of the user who's cat barely missed clawing out their eye on Youtube? It happens.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Yes, dogs can attack you. Especially if they're not yours. They're called "attack dogs" for a reason, duh.
*facepalm*

So a dog that mauls and kills a baby is just doing what it's supposed to do? Jesus fucking Christ.

Forget it. There's no reasoning with people like you.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
*facepalm*

So a dog that mauls and kills a baby is just doing what it's supposed to do? Jesus fucking Christ.

Forget it. There's no reasoning with people like you.

No, but dogs are meant to guard their territory. You know, as they have been in years. Also, cats are more likely to claw a baby to death with their claws. Dogs go outside more, you can keep a child inside. Cats on the other hand..

Ah yes, I'm in the basket of deplorables.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
No, but dogs are meant to guard their territory. You know, as they have been in years. Also, cats are more likely to claw a baby to death with their claws. Dogs go outside more, you can keep a child inside. Cats on the other hand..

Ah yes, I'm in the basket of deplorables.
You're stupid and I'm going to ignore you. Hope you don't mind. I don't have the time for this.

Kumali

Lupine-American
Using people around the age of 25 to play the role of a 16 year old.

Mel Gibson playing Hamlet when he was 34, with Glenn Close playing Hamlet's mother when she's only nine years older than Mel Gibson. (Suffice it to say it wasn't very convincing.)

Last edited:

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Aliens come to Earth and just are immediately hostile to us because reasons. Oh, but "they need resources" because out of all the planets in our solar system, (including Mars), and ones we haven't yet colonized, they cannot find the resources so they need Earth. Bonus points if they never even once try to learn our culture or bargain what we need. Nah, just waste all their forces when we "eventually" win against them in a pointless war.

No matter how super-duper high tech their technology is, they will suffer heavy casualties so eventually they cannot simply barter or establish intergalactic trade routes with our world and theirs? Star Trek did this at least right with the Vulcans. Out of a lot of aliens, the Vulcans have the most smarts to actually work with humanity.

Last edited:

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
Always having kids in some action/disaster movie, and the kids get themselves into stupid situations (like every Jurassic Park movie). The adults end up having to save them, putting everyone else in danger because the kids didn't listen to what they were supposed to do in the first place. I know their entire presence in the movie is to draw kids as viewers and sell more action figures. . .but. . .it's annoying.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Always having kids in some action/disaster movie, and the kids get themselves into stupid situations (like every Jurassic Park movie). The adults end up having to save them, putting everyone else in danger because the kids didn't listen to what they were supposed to do in the first place. I know their entire presence in the movie is to draw kids as viewers and sell more action figures. . .but. . .it's annoying.

Kids do dumb things IRL, but I think it's to show the "adventure" part of these movies. I doubt a movie where the kids just did what they were told and there was no conflict or danger would sell well at all. I think it's to empathize the "I want to explore and discover" thing. Heck, Peter Pan is made off this premise.