• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Clip Studio Paint Help!

TheCoyoteQueen

DarkBlood
I downloaded the 30day trial to see if it was something I wanted to buy since my sai has been acting up. What I need help with is my pen pressure! I have tried fixing the stabilizer and if anything it makes it worse.. Any ideas? The edges of the brushes are hard instead of smooth as well. Every stroke comes out super choppy and bold. This program seems really neat and I love all of the features. I hope I can figure this out.

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
Idk :I
I have no idea if what im about to suggest will help.

Maybe you can uninstall and reinstall the tablet drivers. If its a windows computer i think it has a repair option as well.

Patchclaws

i havent updated mine in forever so my version probably looks a tad different- but here's the settings i use- if you use similar settings and it still looks odd do you think it could be your tablet? the only other things i can think of is i know the for effect brush will turn out different then the line you drew- and the anti-aliasing will determine the edge of the brush

tumblr_pm0u9fC5gV1r9ww6wo2_540.png
tumblr_pm0u9fC5gV1r9ww6wo1_1280.png
tumblr_pm0u9fC5gV1r9ww6wo3_540.png

TheCoyoteQueen

DarkBlood
I will try that out. I guess maybe my tablet could be incompatible because it is so old? it works fine with sai. I'll let you know!

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
I have had recurring driver issues with the Grafire 2 I use with my "on the road" laptop (Win 7). Namely the 'Tablet Driver is Not Running" message on startup, upon which the tablet behaves like a regular mouse.

Once I re-enable the settings I want (for example, I have the lower stylus button set to double click and the top button to right-click) the pressure sensitivity works.

There is also a "Wacom Preference File Utility" that I used to back up my settings during a session when I had things working properly. If I started up CSP (or any other drawing application) and pressure sensitivity didn't work--or I get the "Tablet Driver is Not Running" message on bootup, I would run this utility and restore my settings, after which all functions would work correctly across all applications.

---PCJ

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
Upon seeing this thread come up again, I should hasten to add, I would ALSO have to quit and relaunch the application after running the preference file utility. THEN pressure sensitivity would work. This goes for Clip Studio, Krita, and any other applications I used that employed presure sensitivity.

---PCJ