• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Close Call, Bro

CrispSkittlez

Unprincipaly principled.
Somebody forgot to turn off the empty kettle at work and the entire kitchen was full of metal fumes. We all had no oxygen and were burning up on the inside. We could have all died, Jesus fuck.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Somebody forgot to turn off the empty kettle at work and the entire kitchen was full of metal fumes. We all had no oxygen and were burning up on the inside. We could have all died, Jesus fuck.
I would have said screw it and ran outside.

Are you okay? What was in the fumes?

Dreaming

Wow, yea :eek: It must be quite an old kettle if it didn't switch off automatically without water in there.

Xegras

Peerat
Need more explosions and Micheal Bay.

CrispSkittlez

Unprincipaly principled.
I would have said screw it and ran outside.

Are you okay? What was in the fumes?
Well, we didn't know what it was for the longest time, just that we were all coughing and the insides of our mouths felt like we'd just downed bottles of hot sauce.
I was pretty close to throwing up.

It was a giant metal kettle usually full of water that holds bags of soups to keep their temp up before we need them, but somebody had drained it and forgotten to turn it off.

It's probably got a diameter of 2 feet and a depth of 4 feet, and it was just burning away.

Shouldn't this be in Rants and Raves?
It's not so much a rant as an observation.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Was it exceptionally busy, or is one of your coworkers just an idiot? Scary stuff.

Glad to hear you're alright. Reminds me of that one time I learned the flash point of vegetable oil. >_>

Flash point? Not smoke point? Holy crap.

Jashwa

Well, we didn't know what it was for the longest time, just that we were all coughing and the insides of our mouths felt like we'd just downed bottles of hot sauce.
I was pretty close to throwing up.
I'm pretty sure most people with half a brain would've said "Hmm, something is wrong. Maybe I should get out of here." at this point.

CrispSkittlez

Unprincipaly principled.
I'm pretty sure most people with half a brain would've said "Hmm, something is wrong. Maybe I should get out of here." at this point.
We were all mostly keeping to ourselves thinking it was just each one of us as an individual that was getting sick, and once we collaborated that we all felt terrible, we quickly found the kettle.