• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

(Closed) Anyone interested in D&D?

N

Nyro46

Dunno if this is exactly the right place to post this thread, but since D&D is a form of roleplay, it seems like the closest fit.

I've always wanted to play D&D, but never have really been able to. I only have one friend who does play D&D but her group isn't open to other players. I have only played a little bit of a knock-off version of D&D that was furry-based, but it didn't last that long (and the people I was playing with I do not talk to anymore either. And I call it "knock-off" because it didn't really follow the standard kind of D&D).

That being said, I have little to no experience with D&D. So I was wondering if there may be anyone here interested in playing, possible other beginners or someone with more experience but is open to playing with beginners. It can be furry-related, or not, as long as it stays SFW. (Literally the last time I played the furry knock-off D&D, one of the guys fantasied about my character getting assaulted . . . in an NSFW way. ._. So please, none of that . . .) I am also more interested in play-by-post and don't want to use webcams at all (I think some people do that).

WXYZ

No longer using this site
Like to join. Probably some practice will do me good here.

PS: I do have a gamebook lying around, but it's not D&D.

M

ManicTherapsid

I'm kind of interested. I have absolutely no knowledge of d&d but have been curious about it. Im kind of a nerd turned metalhead returned nerd. I also wouldnt be opposed to Shadowrun. But def SFW and no webcam as well.

KnightsSorrow

I love most tabletop RPGs and used to play with my gaming group on a weekly basis. But unfortunately I haven't been able to catch up with them for over a year now. Actually kind of miss it.

I haven't played the current edition of D&D, but I'm somewhat familiar with some of older editions. Though I've never played an online version, so I'm not quite sure how that works, but I'm kind of interested.

N

Nyro46

@Darsana @Manchesterite @Wabbajax @LordChestnut @KnightsSorrow

I'm glad to see some interest! Basically what I will need to get this started is someone who has knowledge in D&D and could be the dungeon/game master. I'm thinking we could set up a group in Discord if that works for any of you.

Wabbajax/LordChestnut/KnightsSorrow - I am basically up to any theme/edition. I would probably prefer it being furry-based too (and considering we are on a furry forum I doubt that will be much of a problem for people lol). I quickly searched up what shadowrun was, and that actually sounds really cool to me (I love futuristic/cybornetic stuff) but we'll see what we end up doing once a group is formed.
I thin the newest edition is 5th edition? At least that's the one my friend was doing anyway. But yeah the only version of "D&D" I played (if you could even call it that) was just some weird made-up thing. I honestly don't think we were even really playing it right.
Oh, and the way it works online, at least play-by-post, is basically just that we type our actions in a group chat (like in Discord) instead of talking. I think it basically can run constantly . . .? I don't know, might check up on my friend to see how she does it exactly because I'm pretty sure hers is a play-by-post. Or if anyone else is better than explaining it than I am, lol

KnightsSorrow

Shadowrun is a goid setting, and I know that there was rules for animals that could change into humans... however they weren't compatible with cybernetics. Nor do I recall any furry like races. The only downside with Shadowrun is that there's a lot of rules for beginners.

5th edition should be the current edition, and it should be easy enough to find rules for anthro races. Plus D&D has always been a streamlined system, and is compatible to most fantasy settings.

Though really it's best to decide on a theme/setting first, as there are rules/systems that can cater to different needs.

Feeline-

Everything about today is me finding things I have been wanting. It's a little ridiculous, just how much is connecting today.

N

Nyro46

I think I've found enough people for this. Thank you all for your interest! ^^