• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Clueless

Clueless

Hello! I'm very new to the Furry community and I'm in need of some help. I have a lot of Furry friends and have been mildly exposed to the genre for a while and it's always piqued my curiosity, and now I'm wanting to give it a go; to make a fursona and put myself into the community to see how I like it. I understand that being a Furry isn't for everyone, but I'll never know unless I try! The trouble I'm having is picking a Fursona. I want to pick something that closely relates to my personality and character, however I'm not familiar with the attributes of different animals in the Furry community. So, I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions? I'll give you a bit of a rundown on my personality: I'm caring, empathetic, understanding, modest, intelligent, pragmatic, realistic, confident, emotionally in-tune, highly sexualised (but not openly), cheeky, minxish, a people-person. So that's me in a nutshell. What do you guys think? I've had suggestions from friends but none of them sit comfortably with me and they don't seem quite -right-. Otter, Wolf, and Fox are the three that were suggested to me (fox is the closest so far). Thanks for your time! (The text has blocked itself; I spaced it out nicely but it's not playing ball with me today, so sorry for the block-text).

Last edited:

Syk

Neon Wuff
Perhaps an ocelot or a deer?

Clueless

Deer's seem very gentle, shy, timid, and fearful of the unknown, in my opinion. I'm really none of those things.I've never seen and Ocelot before. I just googled them and they're mighty cute! I imagine they're very jungle-cat-like?

Syk

Neon Wuff
Yeah they are, but they're not too big that they become intimidating like lions or jaguars.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
This time with serious approach

Caring, empathetic, understanding, modest, intelligent, pragmatic, realistic, confident, emotionally in-tune

Sounds like female elephant.

Clueless

A female elephant? That's actually pretty accurate. I'll put it on the shortlist! Any other suggestions floating out there? (Thank you both for your suggestions, by the way).

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
That is certainly a fairly unique and original one. XD

Yeah, the only problem is that elephants aren't "cool". That they're being associated with fat bodybuild and nothing else. Whilst in reality there is more to them. Like with hippos. Chubby and friendly, because of being chubby and sluggish. And in the reality they're freaking monsters, agressive, vicious and territorial, true terror-incarnate able to sprint faster than humans, causing more deaths per year than sharks, crocs and gators combined.

To me that description sounds just like non-matron, non-beta, relatively young (teenage in human years) female elephant, already responsible and participating in herd's activities and duties but still being kinda frivolous and playfull due to young age.

Last edited:

Clueless

I do think it's quite accurate, and I honestly appreciate the very original and out-of-the-box suggestion. I'm not very creative or original, so coming up with these things is hard for me. x.x

jtrekkie

Feathered
You could be a squirrel but to me you sound like a polecat. Maybe a weasil or fisher. You should totally go with tautara.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Be a duck-billed platypus. They're poisonous egg-laying mammals that smell electricity. They're fucking metal. V:

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
Come and join the primate league. DO DET.

Arcana

career lurker
I might be biased, but I think that a fox would be best

Clueless

Well I spent most of the night contemplating and procrastinating, and all of my friends repetitively said to me "You can change it later if you want to".

So, I'm going to pick an Alaskan Tundra Wolf. A very fox-looking white wolf, since Fox and Wolf were my favorite picks. I know, I know... -everyone- picks Wolf. But they're beautiful, and I live in a country without any wolves and very little foxes! Thank you all for your suggestions, it really did make it easier to pick, and widened my eyes to the sheer amount of choices I have.

Bonobosoph

Bitch plz there's plenty of reptiles. :V

Bonobosoph

I don't listen to stripy rectangles.

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
Bunny or sheep or some fluffy shit. Everyone likes fluffy shit.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥oteTastic
Be a Coyote.

We're smart, loyal, we make excellent lovers, and we aren't so typical, and run-of-the-mill like our larger canini brothers - the wolves.

We would welcome you - (into the Brotherhood of the Yote), with open arms.