• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Co-op reccomendations?

Kesteh

Twenty
Ok. Some friends and I are bummed out and can't find a decent co-op game. PC of course.

We've been searching google and the wikipedias but haven't found much anything.
It's got to be something difficult and not short.

None of us have up-to-date rigs. So anything released within a 4 year time frame might be out of the question.

Last edited:

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Sven Co-op is a fun co-op mod for the original Half Life, your able to not only play through the original Half Life and it's expansions Opposing Force and Blue shift with friends. But also play through various mods for Half Life like They Hunger, as well as custom maps made by the developers. They are also in development for a similar one for the Source Engine. There is also Half Life Decay which was done by Gearbox software and is now downloadable for the PC version.

Unreal Tournament 3 is a fun Co-Op game

Isn't the Unreal Tournament series renowned for it's massive deathmatch system?

Last edited:

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Killing Floor's pretty good for co-op; Gets really hectic, though there isn't really any goal to it other than to survive and defeat the end-boss. Still, the simple, straight-forward nature is pretty open-ended, and you're not shoehorned into any specific style of play (unlike some other survival/action games that involve zombies).

J

Jelly

Uh.
Was playing the L4D2 demo yesterday.
Its pretty fun.

Oh uh.
Difficult and not short.
Uh.

An MMO? 0:- )

Adrianfolf

Sven Co-op is a fun co-op mod for the original Half Life, your able to not only play through the original Half Life and it's expansions Opposing Force and Blue shift with friends. But also play through various mods for Half Life like They Hunger, as well as custom maps made by the developers. They are also in development for a similar one for the Source Engine. There is also Half Life Decay which was done by Gearbox software and is now downloadable for the PC version.

Isn't the Unreal Tournament series renowned for it's massive deathmatch system?

Yes it is but the story mode can be played in 4 player co-op

Left 4 Dead can be amazing Co-Op; I don't think Army of Two is on PC, but I enjoyed it a lot, Diablo 2 (I guess), Red Alert 2, Halo series, Baulders Gate, I'm sure there is a Tony Hawk game or something, and Burnout Paradise, Crackdown, GoW if they're on PC too.

(Gotta say though, don't like FPS/RPG's at all. Especially Fallout 3, and Borderlands seems to spout "FPS/RPG...without the RP, just G")

Last edited:

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
GoW 1 is on PC dunno about the squil.

Kesteh

Twenty
Edited the first post to reflect on what is workable. None of us can really run Killing Floor, and that's lighter on systems compared to the other games.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Edited the first post to reflect on what is workable. None of us can really run Killing Floor, and that's lighter on systems compared to the other games.

<_< Well, Killing Floor is based on the UT2k4 engine, so really, if you can run something from that era, just turn the graphics settings down and it should be workable, but OK.

Well, Sven Co-op has been mentioned, which is basically a co-op mod for Half-Life 1. From there, there's Serious Sam, which is a wave-after-wave-of-enemies shooter for one to many. If you can get your hands on it, Rogue Spear (Rainbow Six sequel) is an awesome tactical shooter. Much more realistic in terms of firing/damage than the newer ones, and it's pretty fun. I played it a lot back in the '90's and early 2000's.

Honestly, there aren't many co-op games out there; There's been a pretty big emphasis on competition and the deathmatch/team deathmatch modes reign supreme for the most part until recent history with games like L4D and KF.

Aside from that, you could go emulation (or even hardware if you've still got a working console) if you each own a copy of what you're gonna play. One really good co-op game is Seiken Densetsu 3 (the sequel to Secret of Mana) for the SNES/SFC if you can find it to import. It goes for around $40 or so CAD on eBay, which really isn't so bad - It has a great storyline, and plays a little like Zelda in terms of combat. Of course, the translation patch can't be used with the console, but so long as you own the game in question, it becomes closer to lawful than non in the grey area that is emulation.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Honestly, there aren't many co-op games out there; There's been a pretty big emphasis on competition and the deathmatch/team deathmatch modes reign supreme for the most part until recent history with games like L4D and KF.

Co Op games have been around for just as long as Deathmatch has. It is just they aren't so prominent on the PC since they were more applicable on consoles.

duke_nukem_bet_on_duke.jpg

Bobmuffins

OBVIOUS ANSWER: LEFT 4 DEAD/BORDERLANDS

Seriously, both those are great for multiplayer.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Team Fortress 2.

xcliber

HUGS DAMNIT! U no u want 2!
C&C Red Alert 2 if you like RTS games.

Left 4 Dead will run at playable speeds on older machines I believe.

Kajet

DooM 1 & 2
Quake 1 & 2
Serious Sam 1 and The Second Encounter

I assume those would work for you?

DooM 1 & 2
Quake 1 & 2
Serious Sam 1 and The Second Encounter

I assume those would work for you?
We tried Serious Sam but I got so bored by the end
And we finished Doom 1 and 2, and I can't find a Quake 2 that works, but I guess we could try Quake 1

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Team Fortress 2.

TF2 is slightly different. That is just either team free for all or objective based teamplay. Co Op is players against AI.