• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cockroaches are STOMPING material

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
You can take the little fuckers' heads off and they'll live until they eventually starve to death. There is NO intelligence. They're little robots. Their programming is instinct. They don't feel pain, they feel "THREAT TO WELL-BEING DETECTED, INITIATE ESCAPE MODE". They're filthy, messy, and ugly. Seriously, insects are the closest analogue in nature to robots.

Roaches are not that dirty. They are quite clean actually...the environment we give them to live in is dirty though.

KypDurron23

Teh Emo Thundah!
I used to get them, before I bought my Gecko. ^.=.^

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
So what's your favorite way to kill the annoying little bastards?

I personally love smashing them, but the cleanup afterwards is a pain.

I have to start holding them in animal shows. >_>

X

Xero108

Nup, dun' get em here.

What about your bed?

I love waking up with something crunchy in my mouth XD (Didn't happen, but it did freak me out at some point when we had an infestation)

Monak

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
As shitty as my apartment is I am glad I can say it is not a roach infested shithole.

Sernion

I see the goal before me
I take off my slipper and slap them only if they are in a easy place to hit. If I fail to do so and they start flying all over my room, I'm the one who's running away.
I have Entomophobia. *shudders*

Midi Bear

11/10/08
I like to collect them in a container with some peanut butter so they can survive long enough for their numbers to go up. Once there's enough roaches, stick some fire crackers in the container, light, and get the fuck away. Not that I've actually done that.. I just think it'd be the funnest way to kill them.

Sorry, Nylak. :p

Nylak

Angry Otter
Once a cockroach falls from the ceiling into my soup, there's no stopping me. You let them go in your meals huh? ;)

PROTEIN.

I like to collect them in a container with some peanut butter so they can survive long enough for their numbers to go up. Once there's enough roaches, stick some fire crackers in the container, light, and get the fuck away. Not that I've actually done that.. I just think it'd be the funnest way to kill them.

Sorry, Nylak. :p

Also, I'll allow that that would be pretty fucking sweet. Wouldn't do it, but in concept, pretty sweet. XD

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
If you have to deal with them in the first place, you must be somewhere pretty disgusting. And if its at your house, thats just sick.

Nylak

Angry Otter
If you have to deal with them in the first place, you must be somewhere pretty disgusting. And if its at your house, thats just sick.

Tell me about it. I live in a pretty ghetto apartment complex that's backed by forest, but I take care to make sure my apartment is kept pest free. But my neighbors leave their doors and windows open all day, every day, so naturally they're full of all manner of bugs. So they had their apartments fumigated. Guess where the roaches went.

Thankfully, the management finally took control of the situation and contracted a pest control company to fumigate the entire complex. Jesus christ, I shouldn't have to deal with this shit for the rent I'm paying.

T

Tycho

I like the sound of that. Though I don't have any roaches to stand in as victims around here...

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Tell me about it. I live in a pretty ghetto apartment complex that's backed by forest, but I take care to make sure my apartment is kept pest free. But my neighbors leave their doors and windows open all day, every day, so naturally they're full of all manner of bugs. So they had their apartments fumigated. Guess where the roaches went.

Thankfully, the management finally took control of the situation and contracted a pest control company to fumigate the entire complex. Jesus christ, I shouldn't have to deal with this shit for the rent I'm paying.

It makes me angry when renters have to put up with shit like that.

One of my friends that I go to every other weekend for a group RP, he is the cleanest guy I've ever met. But the people in the apartments around him are trashy, so he always has a roach problem. He bombs the place though and never leaves food out.....the poison is everywhere but there is nothing he can do.

I always have to turn all my stuff out before leaving to ensure that I am not carrying unpaying tenants back home. Once once slipped through and I ended up with a roach problem in my room. Then I bombed the place and....the only bug that has been in there recently came in directly from the outside....a huge waterbug. Those things can't live long indoors though because of the lack of ideal humidity.

Landlords should not get away with not keeping things up, such as failing to keep up a good regime of pet control.

Midi Bear

11/10/08
I like the sound of that. Though I don't have any roaches to stand in as victims around here...
Nor do I, but if I ever get to live in a roach-infested place, I'm SO doing that. Make sure you have a little extra string to light on the fire crackers. I was in florida with the family, saw the fuse was short as fuck, figured it'd be slow burning, lit, started to walk away, and ended up with the biggest scare of my life. I was all "Okay, it's li-- AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! FUCK!!".