• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

coloring help

SeaKelpie

I have a commission for a tattoo concept, they want it colored black then color then black. its supposed to be a black-rainbow- raven. I asked them if they meant coloring like a oil slick which I shown a example, but no, they really mean black, then red, then black then orange etc... I don't wanna mess this up as it's a traditional style drawing, so any tips on how to perform such coloring? examples would really help if you can, or a detailed explanation. I feel like it really shouldn't be that hard to understand what they want, but I'm a little brain fried at the moment. so in advance I'm sorry for my silliness.

Godzilla

Getting thru it all
I have a commission for a tattoo concept, they want it colored black then color then black. its supposed to be a black-rainbow- raven. I asked them if they meant coloring like a oil slick which I shown a example, but no, they really mean black, then red, then black then orange etc... I don't wanna mess this up as it's a traditional style drawing, so any tips on how to perform such coloring? examples would really help if you can, or a detailed explanation. I feel like it really shouldn't be that hard to understand what they want, but I'm a little brain fried at the moment. so in advance I'm sorry for my silliness.

The best person to ask for a detailed explanation is the person who commissioned you, because they should have a clear idea of what they want especially for a tattoo. I don't really understand what they want either so don't worry.
When reading it I thought possible iridescent black?
yiwm4ih82p8z.jpg

551038857_o3.jpg

You should really ask them for reference pics