• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Colorist Needed for Comic with Publisher Interest - Min. $300/issue + %

Nemara

Note: I posted a thread last week looking for a penciller/inker, but things have changed since then, as the original artist agreed to a price, and the original colorist had other obligations.
---

Having paid for six initial sample pages of a comic I created and wrote, I pitched to dozens of comics publishers.

It has finally found an interested publisher, Rabbit Valley Comics.

However, the colorist that worked on the six sample pages is busy with other projects now, and thus unable to work on this.

Rabbit Valley pays 25% of each issue sold to the artist/creative team in royalties, but does not pay page rates.

So, I am looking for an artist who is willing to color the inked pages of an ongoing comic series – 29/30 pages per issue.

I can offer a share of the royalty payment Rabbit Valley sends, well as a monthly payment of at least $300 USD from me.

Please contact me with a link to your portfolio, DeviantArt page, or other art host as soon as possible. Preference will be given to artists who are available right away, can get close to the style of Dee Shirley the previous colorist, and have been published before.

Work on the first issue would need to start very soon – Rabbit Valley wants to have the first issue out in the first quarter of 2019.

----

Comic Summary: Firewake is a no-nonsense detective unicorn, juggling a heavy caseload, a family, and a vain, reckless rookie partner, Zaffa. Together, they investigate a mysterious and ruthless mastermind who will stop at nothing to take over the world.

---

This comic has the potential to become popular, and spread beyond the furry community to a wider audience. While there are hints of sex and violence, it still maintains a Teen rating, with nothing too explicit. Firewake is only as 'furry' as My Little Pony is, but is rather darker and edgier.

solaris91

hi, i would like to help you. I'm a digital colorist student and soon i will take the diploma, here the link of my Deviantarts galleries. if you would like to see more detailed colored work, please send a pm and i will show you the art: QueenSolaris on DeviantArt , LaPonto on DeviantArt

I'm a full-time freelance artist, so if you think you'd be interested in hiring me, I'd definitely be interested in turn.

Here's my thread here on the forums. It links to my more in-depth Google Docs commission information, as well as pretty much all of my social media outlets/sites. Got plenty of art up on all of them. If you need very specific examples or would like to ask other questions, don't hesitate to ask! You can reach me here or on any of my websites.

pimpartist

I'm interested! I've worked in the past on this comic: imgur.com/a/0V9KT and here is some colored line-art: imgur.com/a/zOmBElH .
I've also done book covers before.
To see more of my art you can check out my FA gallery: Artwork Gallery for pimpartist -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
You can read my TOS here: www.furaffinity.net: Terms of Service -- pimpartist's Journal

If interested, feel free to contact me via a pm here, a note on FA or send me an e-mail at: thepimpartist@gmail.com !
Thank you!

Best wishes,
thepimpartist

Last edited:
Hello! I am definitely interested in working on this comic with you. I’ve been dabbling in comic work the last 7 years and would love to make my debut into the comic industry officially as the digital colorist for your comic! You can view my work on my FurAffinity page, and soon on my website once the final work on it is completed (feel free to ask for a link!).

Artwork Gallery for werewolf-kun -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Feel free to private message me here on the forums, note me on FA, or send me an email at volleyball.werewolf[at]gmail if you’re interested in working with me, or have any questions or concerns!