• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Colourspawn Verber Mutation Drive Idea

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
Before we begin, what in bloody tarnation are colourspawn verbers?
"Colourspawn verber" is a colloquial term referring to certain chromatic dragon-derived creatures from a Dungeons & Dragons supplement back when v3.5 was current, the name of each one essentially being an ad-lib of the titular format (Blackspawn Webspinner, Bluespawn Spelleater, Redspawn Firebelcher, etc.). According to the lore provided, each one filled a niche role in Tiamat's army.

Taking a little inspiration from the idea, I've been wanting to work on concepts for bioforms that my Swiss Army Knife of a fursona could make use of both on the battlefield, including a "bronzespawn siegebreaker" (a heavily-armoured assault bioform - think unholy cross between a tyranid carnifex, a zerg ultralisk, and a scourge launcher) which I've alluded to elsewhere. I unfortunately haven't been able to dedicate much time or focus towards developing concepts for other bioforms however, let alone see any of them realized in artwork.

As such, I'm contemplating the idea of running a mutation drive to rectify that deficiency.

Provided everything is in order, my initial plans for the drive consist of two stages:
- a poll to vote for the general type of bioform; and
- a pool for specific mutations.

I still need to iron out the details as to what exactly it may include in the end, but I'm curious to see what you guys have to say about this. I'd be especially interested in advice from others who've ran their own sequence drives in the past.

Last edited:

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
"Colourspawn verber" is a colloquial term referring to certain chromatic dragon-derived creatures from a Dungeons & Dragons supplement back when v3.5 was current, the name of each one essentially being an ad-lib of the titular format (Blackspawn Webspinner, Bluespawn Spelleater, Redspawn Firebelcher, etc.). According to the lore provided, each one filled a niche role in Tiamat's army.

wot?

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
I shit you not that this was a thing back in D&D 3.5. They were officially referred to as dragonspawn, but the naming convention earned them the fan name.

no i mean you're speaking gibberish assuming everyone is familiar with D&D its borderline dead its not that popular these days GURPS and Fallouts SPECIAL and Elderscrolls WHFRP style all but killed it off

ChapterAquila92

Banned
no i mean you're speaking gibberish assuming everyone is familiar with D&D its borderline dead its not that popular these days GURPS and Fallouts SPECIAL all but killed it off
In Australia, maybe. I've yet to actually see evidence in support of your own gibberish however.

Besides, the only thing dead about D&D is its creator, and he hadn't been involved with the game's development for years by then.

GreenZone

Banned
Banned
if you say so bud i don't know anyone online or IRL who plays it but at that rate the point is you still talk as if everyone knows anything about D&D which is still an obscure game/hobby regardless of if its still around or not

ChapterAquila92

Banned
if you say so bud i don't know anyone online or IRL who plays it but at that rate the point is you still talk as if everyone knows anything about D&D which is still an obscure game/hobby regardless of if its still around or not
YMMV. Geeks will be geeks.

If you're not a fan then you're not a fan, and I don't expect you to know squat. Quite frankly however, it's not exactly easy to get a point across without some insight, and while I'd rather not dilute a thread post with the detailed history of something tangentially related at best, it's obscure enough even in the D&D community that it does warrant some explanation.