• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Comic Series Art Thread!

Melazzee

Advance!
Hey all!

I've been hard at work on developing a comic series and I thought people here might like to see what i have so far :)

So, the basic story is this: “A canine is torn away from his quiet life to save his kingdom from destruction by two bored Gods.”

The world itself is based on Egyptian mythology, and the two cities are in a desert, which is proving interesting to draw! The two cities used to be one, until the old emperor and his second in command fell out over the use of magic. The city split into two – one city embraced the use of magic, and the other went through something called the “Purges”, which was essentially killing all citizens who could use magic.
Turns out the two emperors were being controlled by two bickering Egyptian Gods, and they’ve been controlling the whole family line of the current emperors of both cities since the split, 500 years ago. All this because they were accidentally released from a tomb that they were sealed in, since this has happened before, long ago.

Here are some of the concepts I have so far for the comic:

eloria_concept_art___ven_s_cellar_by_oomelazeeoo-dbwfwrm.jpg

the_divided_city_of_albasia_concept_by_oomelazeeoo-dbwx2y6.jpg

orphan_kids_concepts_by_oomelazeeoo-dbv4kbl.jpg

anubis_concept_by_oomelazeeoo-dbuxjia.jpg

ven_brandleburst_kid_concept_by_oomelazeeoo-dbuxidr.jpg

I am currently working on a small teaser comic, hopefully to be released next week. This comic features an interview with the main character, Ven Brandleburst! Here's a little snippet:

interview_with_ven_brandleburst__teaser__by_oomelazeeoo-dbxeyqg.jpg

If anyone wants to follow the development of the comic, do follow me over on my dA! :3

oOmelazeeOo on DeviantArt