• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

Surgat

Where is your mod now?
Last edited by a moderator:

Loken

Runs on caffeine, ice and love
aaah, a fresh thread.

Anyway just a question, as I grew up in quite a small (hick) town and I am quite recently 'out' of said 'closet,' well to most people anyway I notice a problem. Though I am in the 'big city' now I find that finding gay people is still quite difficult, the only one who I really know is married. So do I just ask random guys out and 90% will be straight or am I forced to go to some gay bar? lol Pardon my ignorance.

FurForCameron

Hating the Haters
Left off on a strange note.
To Ark, hellz yeah.
And I'm not sure it's pansexuality. He likes practically EVERYONE. Not just a select few. Pansexuals still have preferences for a few people, not most. (Usually)

So do I just ask random guys out and 90% will be straight or am I forced to go to some gay bar? lol Pardon my ignorance.
Some sort of gay social outing is a good bet.

Revy

colourful
mayeth i be blessed to post here.

LoinRockerForever

Interesting...
aaah, a fresh thread.

Anyway just a question, as I grew up in quite a small (hick) town and I am quite recently 'out' of said 'closet,' well to most people anyway I notice a problem. Though I am in the 'big city' now I find that finding gay people is still quite difficult, the only one who I really know is married. So do I just ask random guys out and 90% will be straight or am I forced to go to some gay bar? lol Pardon my ignorance.

Probably putting on a facade to make themselves not looking gay. I do that, cause I know my job probably fire me if I said " I am gay ". Yeah, probably would and that's the sad thing.( And Probably doing it for the "I must look normal to flush into the crowd" thing too.)

LoinRockerForever

Interesting...
Left off on a strange note.
To Ark, hellz yeah.
And I'm not sure it's pansexuality. He likes practically EVERYONE. Not just a select few. Pansexuals still have preferences for a few people, not most. (Usually)

Some sort of gay social outing is a good bet.
Love the tool cover avatar, jtm.

And Gay social outings I have a hard time to find......For gods sake no pun intended.

Seprakarius

Can't Get Rid of a Bomb
I've been securely out of the closet for a few months now. My friends know I'm gay, and I'm more than comfortable with the fact and what it means for me.

Now, actually getting into a relationship is proving somewhat troublesome. I lack "gaydar" and tend not to give off signs myself, so finding anyone else proves to be difficult. Nevertheless, I have been on a few dates with other guys, though all of these pursuits fallen apart for some reason or another. My last one was the most promising yet, but between looming distance and the fact that things were getting pushed too fast, I let that one go too.

Not sure what I'm getting at here, though. I'm not discouraged or mopey or anything, just stating the facts. xD

iBolt!

Just today I helped another out of the closet as a bisexual =3 That's 4 thus far, will be 5 at the end of the month if my other friend comes out on his birthday as he said to me he would. I love helping people out with sexual orientation. I have a weakness for people who felt anything like I did... nobody deserves that.

Oh btw... post #100 :)

Loken

Runs on caffeine, ice and love
I've been securely out of the closet for a few months now. My friends know I'm gay, and I'm more than comfortable with the fact and what it means for me.

Now, actually getting into a relationship is proving somewhat troublesome. I lack "gaydar" and tend not to give off signs myself, so finding anyone else proves to be difficult. Nevertheless, I have been on a few dates with other guys, though all of these pursuits fallen apart for some reason or another. My last one was the most promising yet, but between looming distance and the fact that things were getting pushed too fast, I let that one go too.

Not sure what I'm getting at here, though. I'm not discouraged or mopey or anything, just stating the facts. xD

I have the exact same problem but without the relationship experience. However I just found out there is some sort of club at my university for the lesbian, bi, gay crowd so I plan on checking that out Monday. Wish me luck and I will keep yall posted.

Seprakarius

Can't Get Rid of a Bomb
I have the exact same problem but without the relationship experience. However I just found out there is some sort of club at my university for the lesbian, bi, gay crowd so I plan on checking that out Monday. Wish me luck and I will keep yall posted.
Yeah, my campus has one of those as well. Gotta remember to join it when next semester starts up.

Hopefully it'll work out for ya, though!

Irreverent

You might try here too. Good luck.

Ceuper

The Bucket of Truth

OMG you're from Winnipeg too?

Timmy

I'm a bit worried. In my school I believe the general idea is that i'm gay (which I am by the way) but i'm not ready to come out yet. I'm too worried that if people hear it from my mouth a certain few will try to bully me. What's worse is that since i told my close friends i've felt more secure and have been acting a bit too camp around people. Oh well, i suppose i'll just have to ride it out and see what happens...

ForestFox91

can't dance
Question: what does "looking gay" look like? I look like a normal dude, thanksverymuch.
The stereotype that the majority has manufactured.

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
The stereotype that the majority has manufactured.

I think you mean the minority of gays manufactured? Or are you saying that the media manufactured?

FurForCameron

Hating the Haters
I think you mean the minority of gays manufactured? Or are you saying that the media manufactured?

I think he means the media, because the majority of gays are perfectly normal, non-lisp non-posers unlike those in the "YES dance" or whatever.
No one suspects me of being gay except for those I've told, but I still am.

Yaoumei

Freelance Artist
I told everyone I was bi near the end of middle school. Bad choice on my part for the schooling, I was harassed all through highschool. My mother freaked on me the first day I told her, and we never really talked about it since. She's still uncomfortable about it, but doesn't say anything. You can just tell by the way she acts.

I'm way past highschool now, married, with kids, but I'm still bi. It was just luck that I found a nice guy instead of a lady. I guess I'd be considered something else because I like people for their personalities, not what sex, religion, race or whatever, but bi's the easiest term to use.

Skree

Banned
Banned
I came out as bisexual to my parents a few years ago. They were overjoyed. My dads rock. \m/

TheGreatCrusader

Avast, Ye Scurvy Dogs!
I told everyone I was bi near the end of middle school. Bad choice on my part for the schooling, I was harassed all through highschool.
Yeah, it's not good for, well, anyone to 'come out' before college. People other than close friends and maybe a select few people are too immature and insensitive at that age to take it seriously.