• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

asdfKBSmASH

It'd be too much to exit the closet :p

I couldn't even imagine not investing in so much effort to hide the fact, and simply being free and clear. I've never really been in a relationship, because I got this stupid complex where I hide personal things that weigh on me so I don't have to deal with them. Being gay is the grandfather of it all, and even if everyone was okay with it, I know it'd still mess me up for some stupid reason or another. It'd be pretty cool to actually be in love though, I bet :p

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Well fuck...
I feel like my older brother wants to flip-flop from being the religious accepting guy, to homophobic asshole.
One minute, he's all nice, and accepting, the next he's calling me a man whore that he hopes dies from AIDS.

The rest of my family just seems to begrudgingly accept it, so that's good I guess.

Falaffel

Well fuck...
I feel like my older brother wants to flip-flop from being the religious accepting guy, to homophobic asshole.
One minute, he's all nice, and accepting, the next he's calling me a man whore that he hopes dies from AIDS.

The rest of my family just seems to begrudgingly accept it, so that's good I guess.

To be fair your sig and avatar don't help your case :v

Ignore him though, he'll get over it.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Hrm... I should probably come out to my little brother sometime soon. He's the same age I was when I figured out I was gay, but he's still in the "it's a sin" mindset.

Should prove interesting lol

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Considering it's been a week, I think I'm allowed grace on double-posting.

Anyway...
My parents are so far in denial of my sexuality that they even make anti-gay cracks in the car with me. I've come out to them twice and even accidentally sent a lovey text to my dad instead of my bf. Seriously? Wtf... :/

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Anyway...
My parents are so far in denial of my sexuality that they even make anti-gay cracks in the car with me. I've come out to them twice and even accidentally sent a lovey text to my dad instead of my bf. Seriously? Wtf... :/

Cognitive dissonance?

Maybe you don't match the gay stereotype that is the butt of their jokes, so they can't believe it's possible you're gay.

Ranguvar

Anyway...
Your gayness isn't exactly an Agatha Christie novel in the making, one Hawt make out session with your bf in front of your parents should solve this mystery.

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Weeeee! I just came out to my brother. He doesn't "agree" with it but gives no fucks. ^_^

He giggled a bit when i told him about my bf. XD

Ranguvar

I finally came out to my family yesterday. They were all genuinely surprised, but supportive nonetheless. It actually went a lot better than I imagined and I wish I would had said something earlier :/

Distorted

I finally came out to my family yesterday. They were all genuinely surprised, but supportive nonetheless. It actually went a lot better than I imagined and I wish I would had said something earlier :/

Congratulations. It's good to know your folks took it well. How do you feel now that's its been said?

Red Savarin

Caninu Hunter
I never want to come out to my family (aside from my sisters, maybe). My brother's a fucking shithead that wouldn't take it seriously, but that's not the problem. It's my fucking parents.

I love how after reading that, some of you are going to make the connection that I live in the south and have Catholic parents, so they must clearly hate gays and shove religion down my throat and drink and beat me and have this idea that they're the best parents in the world while I suffer just like, what, 60% of Americans (I dunno, maybe a little higher)?

No, it's quite the opposite. My parents wouldn't mind if I was gay. That's not a problem but, well, they always kind of forced it, and it was embarrassing as shit growing up.

See, I have an uncle who is gay, and it completely ruined the relationship between him and my grandfather. I guess that must have turned a few screws loose in mom or something because ever since I was a kid (like, 4), the both of them have been encouraging me to be gay. Sadly, it worked. When I was younger and did that whole gender segregation thing in school with the rest of my friends the way every American kid inevitably does, they told me it was okay and that I could just get married to my friend. When I was older and my sisters would leave their toys in my room, my parents would ask me if I liked girls toys and straight up asked me if I was gay (I was 7). When I was in high school, my parents didn't want to know if I had a girlfriend, they wanted to know if me or my brother had a boyfriend. Meanwhile, one of my uncles, a homophobic kiss ass rich boy who likes taking family members for a ride, would always try to reinforce that it was very important that I have a girlfriend by age 5. Now you guys can see why I don't date (or didn't date much in my youth). I know their hearts are in the right place and just don't want to see me hate them because of something as trivial as that, but they're not doing a very good job of sending that message.

As for my brother, he gets a kick out of insulting gay people. He has like, seven gay friends, but he still likes to call people faggots and make gay sex jokes and all that.

I don't want to give those three the satisfaction of knowing I suck dick.

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
As for my brother, he gets a kick out of insulting gay people. He has like, seven gay friends, but he still likes to call people faggots and make gay sex jokes and all that.

This is my brother. Dx

Distorted

I never want to come out to my family (aside from my sisters, maybe). My brother's a fucking shithead that wouldn't take it seriously, but that's not the problem. It's my fucking parents.

I love how after reading that, some of you are going to make the connection that I live in the south and have Catholic parents, so they must clearly hate gays and shove religion down my throat and drink and beat me and have this idea that they're the best parents in the world while I suffer just like, what, 60% of Americans (I dunno, maybe a little higher)?

No, it's quite the opposite. My parents wouldn't mind if I was gay. That's not a problem but, well, they always kind of forced it, and it was embarrassing as shit growing up.

See, I have an uncle who is gay, and it completely ruined the relationship between him and my grandfather. I guess that must have turned a few screws loose in mom or something because ever since I was a kid (like, 4), the both of them have been encouraging me to be gay. Sadly, it worked. When I was younger and did that whole gender segregation thing in school with the rest of my friends the way every American kid inevitably does, they told me it was okay and that I could just get married to my friend. When I was older and my sisters would leave their toys in my room, my parents would ask me if I liked girls toys and straight up asked me if I was gay (I was 7). When I was in high school, my parents didn't want to know if I had a girlfriend, they wanted to know if me or my brother had a boyfriend. Meanwhile, one of my uncles, a homophobic kiss ass rich boy who likes taking family members for a ride, would always try to reinforce that it was very important that I have a girlfriend by age 5. Now you guys can see why I don't date (or didn't date much in my youth). I know their hearts are in the right place and just don't want to see me hate them because of something as trivial as that, but they're not doing a very good job of sending that message.

Are....you sure you live in Texas? Or are you from some other dimension where things are opposite of what they are here?

Also brothers are just like that I think. My brother says everything's gay all the time. Kinda freaks out if I touch him too.

This is probably the oddest post in this entire thread.

I wouldn't even know how to react in this situation.

Jabberwocky

bitch where
I have come out to my friends as pansexual and they supported me all the way.
I can never tell my family. The only person from my family that knows is my grandmother, and she lives down in Mexico. She accepted me for whom I was and didn't change her view on me.
My mother...is a hardcore Christian. I won't share what sect seeing it's embarrassing, but she has this hatred for homosexuality she even said it was a plague. I once dropped the bomb and IMPLIED I was bisexual (at the time I didn't know I was pan) and it was the worst thing I could have ever done. Lucky for me I fell for a guy that next school year, so it was a huge help in masking the fact that I like females too.
My mother is so hateful and here is a prime example, we went to the movies for her birthday and she chose the movie because it was a Mexican film. Late into the movie she was shocked by a lesbian couple coming into the plot, and she made horrid comments like "disgusting. pigs. filthy" and I had to be very harsh and told her off and it worked like a charm. Didn't bring it up again. It was a little victory for me.

But if I ever do come out fully, I will be kicked out and brushed off without looking back. and, to me, it's all because of how much her precious religion has brainwashed her. She prefers her religion over how her own daughter feels.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

Been there, done that.

My mom is a big "told ya so" person...but not in a really cruel way.

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
I see this sticky everyday which causes me to think about this song EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

Im coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
Im coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

There's a new me coming out
And I just had to live
And I wanna give
Im completely positive
I think this time around
I am gonna do it
Like you never do it
Like you never knew it
Ooh, I'll make it through

The time has come for me
To break out of the shell
I have to shout
That Im coming out

Im coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
Im coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

Im coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
Im coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

Ive got to show the world
All that I wanna be
And all my billities
There's so much more to me
Somehow, I have to make them
Just understand
I got it well in hand
And, oh, how Ive planned
Im spreadin love
There's no need to fear
And I just feel so glad
Everytime I hear:

Im coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
Im coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
got a new job.... ugh they dont know
Generally speaking, it's none of their business... I'd try not to worry too much about it. :s

barkinupyourtree14

call me cyclone
Well, I'm almost all the way out as bisexual. I have told friends and my little bro. All though the gay jokes are poorly written, they haven't been that bad. I don't want my grandma to know, she will probably drop dead. I could care less about my dad, he will be lucky to get out of jail by the time I'm 30. My mom, I don't know about yet I'm still decideing.

Dodo

Just a dodo
My mother found my bird/rabbit costume I was working on and wondered if I was a furry and fucked the dog. No, seriously. It was a little sad.

I had to explain to her that just because I make costumes doesn't mean I partake in bestiality.

It was a strange day.

She's always been iffy about my costumes but when they passed from just wacky clothes to animals THAT WAS JUST TOO MUCHHHH AAAUGH NO

Although quite frankly I was planning on making a bird costume for a while, as early as 2011 I was in the works for trying to make Murkrow, but I wasn't skilled enough to do it. I'm actually really surprised.

kairi920

You Only Live Online
I came out to some of my friends as being transgender/bisexual a few months ago, things went well enough, nobody tried to kill me at least, or brought religion into the equation. Then I told my mother, again, things went well, she didn't understand it, but didn't disagree with it either. So I went on and told like, all of my other friends, still went well... Then my mom told my dad a few months later, and well, you can guess how that one went... Pretty well actually, guess I got lucky. I just find it surprising how so many people can hate someone because of something so trivial, so many people just aren't accepted for who they are, and it makes me wonder, what makes my scenario different from some of the other stories I've heard.

Last edited: