• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

Obtuse tail

The King of Carrot Flowers
o_O Prop 8 likely only passed because of Mormons. They ramped up tithing so they could spend about $20 million on campaigning for it, plus they sent busloads of volunteers from Utah down to California to help out.

(All blatantly unconstitutional, by the way, but no one dared to intervene)
Wow...
I had no idea. My dad asked what i thought about proposition 8 and i would ramble on about how against it i was. I compared it to racism and such.
He said that they could still go into a marriage-like relationship. and all the prop. was doing was changing the title.
he didn't state his opinion though, but every once in a while he asks me if ive seen any pretty girls at school, and when i said no, he would ask me if id seen any cute guys.
I seriously don't know.

SnowyD

The Voice of Reason
Well, when I came out I was 17 I think? I can't remember, but anyways I had a boyfriend at the time and I just felt it was necessary to come out to my mom. I had already been out to my friends and stuff. When I told her she cried, but not sad tears, happy tears! Then I cried, and we cried.

The odd part is back then I felt that I was gay, but now I feel more bi than anything. So whenever I bring ladies to meet my parents my mom gets slightly confused, so I had to come out twice. Which wasn't really a draw back but a correct to my teenage misconceptions.

Anyways, all is well. :)

James L. Wolf

I've been out of the closet for 3 years now, after dening it for so long, I finally, just accepted it. When i came out to my father, he made my life hell though, my bro, mother, sister didnt care, but they didnt live with us. Thus my father and step mother made life hell for me. They challenged me at every corner, mind f*cked me everyday. Blamed me for everything, and hated me.Then they moved to a small hick town in GA, where I was bullied constantly, and made to feel as if I was nothing. When I heard about the LGBT teens that killed themselves, I cried, cause i felt as they did and I felt like i was on the path. Then I got a call from my mum one day. She asked if I was gay, I told her, she offered me a place to live, and rebuild, which I am in the process of doing. But I hate my father, as he challenge me, and he called every furry a pervert and pedofile, to this day I try to clear the fandoms name, cause he caused some heavy damage to it, emailing people he knew the troll site , and shit. He had and has no remorse for anything he did. To this day we fight, and I win constantly, he's dead to me. But Im glad to be rebuilding my life, even though its a bit tough and im even a bit afraid. But Im working past it!

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
I was pretty cool with accepting myself. I didn't know for the longest time, and often found myself in situations where that information would be useful. Once I realized exactly what attracted me, I was like, "oh, okay, I guess that's alright." (Don't worry, it's not anything bad; policewomen and drill instructors can't be the worst thing ever.)

Alderic

I'm bi but leading towards men,I came out to my family when I was 13. People learn to accept,my dad especially. My mom and stepdad are homophobic but i don't let it get to me. I enjoy what i enjoy and they have no right to disturb that. I came out by telling my parents and told them i was interested in a boy. Now at highschool,I even sit on my crushs lap at lunch and he holds me around the waist and such ^w^ people get use to it. You can't let people get to you.

@James L Wolf
I honestly understand what you're going through. My step-dad is an extremely homophobic person,as is my cousin(whom i spend alot of time with. I have told him i'm bi but he's okay with me now.) I get bullied for things of this nature but I've never been hurt for it. (then again,I'm a pretty strong guy so i don't think they'd want to test me;not to be cocky of course ;) )
I hope you the best wishes,that you can build up your life and find a nice guy ^w^ <3

Last edited:

Kryn

Flyin' Sooo High
Now at highschool,I even sit on my crushs lap at lunch and he holds me around the waist and such

Where the hell do you live? At my HS the teachers would probably let the other kids take both of you outside to beat your ass. Granted I graduated 5 years ago but I doubt much has changed.

James L. Wolf

Where the hell do you live? At my HS the teachers would probably let the other kids take both of you outside to beat your ass. Granted I graduated 5 years ago but I doubt much has changed.

Dude at my high school you can kiss and sit on each others laps, and txt in the middle of class, they dont care, just as long as you show em your not listening!

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Do you guys think it's necessary to "come out" as an asexual? I personally don't, but my ex thinks I should (I gave the dating game a try). She makes a bigger deal about it than I do though, probably because she uses it as an excuse for why I broke up with her instead of the obvious: she's a pants on head crazy annoying semibitch. It's bothering me though.

There's also my best friend who wants to get me laid sooooooooooo badly, but he's let up on that a bit lately. Still annoying when he's all "WE SHOULD GO BARHOPPIN AND MEET SOME LADIES!"

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Do you guys think it's necessary to "come out" as an asexual? I personally don't, but my ex thinks I should (I gave the dating game a try). She makes a bigger deal about it than I do though, probably because she uses it as an excuse for why I broke up with her instead of the obvious: she's a pants on head crazy annoying semibitch. It's bothering me though.

There's also my best friend who wants to get me laid sooooooooooo badly, but he's let up on that a bit lately. Still annoying when he's all "WE SHOULD GO BARHOPPIN AND MEET SOME LADIES!"

Well if you want him to stop then you should tell him your preference. Then again he may not believe it actually exists. :/

And no. Coming out is only necessary from an activist point of view. If you come out, you do so for Asexual Awareness and rarely for yourself.

Milo

that's actually EXACTLY what happened to me. except it wasn't my boyfriend, and I was just messing around with a friend. I sat on his lap for like, 3 seconds, then this bitch freaks out and goes NO NO, U NO DO THAT HERE; when on the other side of the wall in my lunchroom, there's always these straight couples jamming their tongues down eachothers throat :U

Alderic

I live on the east coast,granted there is many homophobes where i live. I don't care though. We are who we are. They did stop us once but they dont every time. idk they're weird.
@MILO
Yeah..people are homophobes.. It makes me sick :\

Kryn

Flyin' Sooo High
I guess you're just braver than me. I live on the east coast, but in the south (shit) part of Virginia. I've came out to the in-laws that my sister married into and none of them gave a shit about it, but I'm still terrified of telling new people I meet in this town.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I don't really see anything bad with staying in the closet, I really don't see the need to tell people I know about my sexuality.

Aetius

You and your 'roommate'. :V

No doubt he knows now, maybe because I "accidentally" leave questionable things on my desktop.

Well... that's one off the list!

Milo

I don't really see anything bad with staying in the closet, I really don't see the need to tell people I know about my sexuality.

it's the difference between a shallow friendship, and homelessness... both suck, but I'd rather have a friend who doesn't know I'm gay, than no friend and no home... :U

Schwimmwagen

I'm in the beginnings of a long-distance relationship with a fellow FAFer, and I often find myself thinking about it a lot. It's also quite obvious to my family that I am thinking about things, and they always pipe up and ask "what's on your mind?" I tell them nothing, and it kinda hurts. They once told me that they'd still love me if I were gay (back on my birthday) but I just cannot bring myself to believe them. They seem so confident in the knowledge that I'm straight, anyway. Hell, it's almost as if they're trying to make me NOT gay, by pointing out pretty girls and joking about other gays seen on the street, etc. Stop doing that, family. It's a pain.

It also makes me wonder what my SO feels, I worry about him. It just sucks too much having to live a lie. It sucks for me and others, so naturally it does for him. It's a struggle for me and others, so him, too. I can't wait until I can finally stop doing so, and be honest with everyone around me. I'm sure that like other people and I, he feels the same. Mesad.

/vent

Last edited:

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
No doubt he knows now, maybe because I "accidentally" leave questionable things on my desktop.

Well... that's one off the list!
Pfft. That's nothing. When my roomie asked me for a backpack that he could use when he went to ComiCon, I directed him to one full of dildos. Whoops.

Aetius

Pfft. That's nothing. When my roomie asked me for a backpack that he could use when he went to ComiCon, I directed him to one full of dildos. Whoops.
I wish I could have seen his expression soon after lol

Darkwing

I'm in the beginnings of a long-distance relationship with a fellow FAFer, and I often find myself thinking about it a lot. It's also quite obvious to my family that I am thinking about things, and they always pipe up and ask "what's on your mind?" I tell them nothing, and it kinda hurts. They once told me that they'd still love me if I were gay (back on my birthday) but I just cannot bring myself to believe them. They seem so confident in the knowledge that I'm straight, anyway. Hell, it's almost as if they're trying to make me NOT gay, by pointing out pretty girls and joking about other gays seen on the street, etc. Stop doing that, family. It's a pain.

It also makes me wonder what my SO feels, I worry about him. It just sucks too much having to live a lie. It sucks for me and others, so naturally it does for him. It's a struggle for me and others, so him, too. I can't wait until I can finally stop doing so, and be honest with everyone around me. I'm sure that like other people and I, he feels the same. Mesad.

/vent

I'm in the same spot as you Gibs, I can relate to that X.X

I've been in a LDR with my boyfriend for 2 months now, me and him have already been through a LOT with our parents, because occasionally, some words slipped out about our relationship and causes a HUGE shitstorm in the family and stuff x.x I already know my mom does not approve of gays or of my relationship.

It breaks me so much that I am something my mom heavily disapproves of. It feels like I'm living a big lie, and sometimes things get so nervous and tense with my family that I get little mini-panic attacks thinking about how much I'm hiding from my family, and what the consequences may be if word gets out of who I really am.

It's hard, just really hard. Gibs, at least you know your family approves of your sexuality, my family does not, and it's making me a big, nervous wreak hiding my whole life from them.