• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

Spatel

Next year, my state will be voting on a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, as well as civil unions and domestic partnerships. Even though most people here oppose the amendment, our legislature set the voting date on the same day as the Republican primary, knowing that Republican turnout would already be much higher than other demographics that day.

Assholes. It's the most restrictive amendment of any state, too. Straight couples that want to seek legal recognition of domestic partnerships or civil unions are tough out of luck. I know someone who's in one currently, and he'd lose his legal ability to visit his girlfriend, who is *FEMALE* and has *TITS, AND A VAGINA* if she's unconscious in the hospital and needs consent forms signed.

In NC, people who are registered as independent can vote in any party's primary, so maybe we could get all the independents voting that day to nominate a presidential candidate they would hate, just to troll them.

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

Hm.

I am seriously considering talking to my mum about it tommorow. I'm getting very very tired of hiding, soo...

Wish me luck! ._.'

Darkwing

Hm.

I am seriously considering talking to my mum about it tommorow. I'm getting very very tired of hiding, soo...

Wish me luck! ._.'

Good luck Gibster! We're all here to support you and help =3 If you need any advice you can PM me or something.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I went forth and admitted that i was considering being bisexual.

I didn't actually say that I was, and i think mom's just going to jump the gun and assume I'm too young to make that decision, as well as assume it's too late to come out

What

Now we're going to have to remotely talk. Again.
We've been having meaningful and shitty discussions every-fucking-day
Screw everything, I'm closeting to them till college, this just doesn't seem worth it

Darkwing

I went forth and admitted that i was considering being bisexual.

I didn't actually say that I was, and i think mom's just going to jump the gun and assume I'm too young to make that decision, as well as assume it's too late to come out

What

Now we're going to have to remotely talk. Again.
We've been having meaningful and shitty discussions every-fucking-day
Screw everything, I'm closeting to them till college, this just doesn't seem worth it

That sucks.

Yeeeeah it's a shame that most parents today don't understand LGBT =C

My parents definitely don't, they kinda got a very good hint that I was, absolute shitstorm ensued, I am still a bit traumatized from that incident x.x

Schwimmwagen

I did it.

Success. ;u;

Edit: Told my sis, too. Went down a lot easier and quicker. :)

Now for the big challenge - my dad. .___.

Edit 2:

Done.

My dad really wasn't happy to hear it, but he's gonna work to accept it. ._. His opinion of me hasn't changed as he said, but eh. Anyway, knowing him, the fact I'm gay is gonna be a source of jokes for him down the road.

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I've been out so long, I think I went back in :c

~secret~

Banned
Banned
I did it.

Success. ;u;

Edit: Told my sis, too. Went down a lot easier and quicker. :)

Now for the big challenge - my dad. .___.

Edit 2:

Done.

My dad really wasn't happy to hear it, but he's gonna work to accept it. ._. His opinion of me hasn't changed as he said, but eh. Anyway, knowing him, the fact I'm gay is gonna be a source of jokes for him down the road.

Hey lad, jokes be better than hatred. Call this one a success and get ready for the 'does it hurt sitting down' jokes.

eorpheus

Hi folks--I don't really post here at all (ever), but I figured I would share this here and see if anybody had any advice or insight. I've been struggling with my sexuality for a long time now, and have only recently begun to come out. Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what I'm coming out as, or if I'm even right.

I wrote a huge long journal entry about it--I figure it will make more sense to just link that here. That way, you can also see things I mention about my gallery and favorites and stuff, which will give you a better idea of where I'm coming from:

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/2417558/

Thanks!

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
My mom found out i was seeing someone. I didn't tell her about the kissing/sex because she would have gone berserk, i just told her it was purely emotional and lacked any physical intentions (opposite of the truth). She is now bringing it up errywhere :c. She at least now accepts that i may become bisexual. I think i'll just eventually have a "revelation" and tell her that i am bi. As per usual, the male parent may not handle it as well. I find it ironic that my mother, the conservative Christian, is of all things, the more accepting one.

Darkwing

My mom found out i was seeing someone. I didn't tell her about the kissing/sex because she would have gone berserk, i just told her it was purely emotional and lacked any physical intentions (opposite of the truth). She is now bringing it up errywhere :c. She at least now accepts that i may become bisexual. I think i'll just eventually have a "revelation" and tell her that i am bi. As per usual, the male parent may not handle it as well. I find it ironic that my mother, the conservative Christian, is of all things, the more accepting one.

Oooooh :C

Well at least she was somewhat accepting about it. Congrats on sorta coming out x3

I can't come out to my parents unfortunately, they don't seem to tolerate LGBT at all =/ I have a friend who will let me stay at his place for a while though if they do find out.

Schwimmwagen

Well ever since I made that celebratory FA journal after coming out, there has not been a single evening so far without a fierce fight, damaged possessions, or tears. I'll leave it at that.

Spatel

As per usual, the male parent may not handle it as well. I find it ironic that my mother, the conservative Christian, is of all things, the more accepting one.

Is this usual? My dad's the good one, keeping in line with his progressive, secular humanist views. My mother is trying her best to improve but she still clearly has many hangups.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Is this usual? My dad's the good one, keeping in line with his progressive, secular humanist views. My mother is trying her best to improve but she still clearly has many hangups.
In my family was my intention of speaking.

Even though mom talks about it more, which i hate, my dad usually takes a perspective that counters the possibility of acceptance.

For instance, when i admitted to them i had some sort of anxiety, his first suggestion was to either eat, or that i was lying to him about something. Well, he just went forward and said i had been a liar. Since i didn't imeediately tell them, he told me off for it.

Distorted

Kinda wished I had waited on coming out. I was home from college at the time when my mom asked me if I was interested in someone. At first I was gonna say a girl's name, but it felt bad and I just came out with it and said I liked a guy. She was calm at first, but the next day she had a bit of an episode. She kept asking questions and I was trying my best to stand by what I felt was true. My mother can be frightening at times. What's worse is that she told my dad. He was calm at first, but then he had his episode and it made me realize that I had made a mistake telling them.

They refuse to believe that I'm gay. My mother keeps talking about the woman I'm gonna marry and the kids that were gonna have. It gets really annoying. Since then I've came out to my brother and a few friends, and its been ok. My brother took it a little hard, but he still treats me the same. We don't really talk about it, but it's understood with my brother and friends.

I want to move out of my house as soon as possible. I just got a job, so I'm gonna save up and start looking around for an apartment. I know I can't be myself at home, or else I risk my old man going crazy again. I'm really lucky he doesn't drink a lot, or else I probably wouldn't be typing this right now.

Night-san

I'm closeted to the majority of people, including my family. My close friend's have been aware of my bisexuality for two or three years now, though. I don't plan on telling my family until I'm out of college and I'm living on my own, if I ever tell them, and even then only if I have a long term relationship with a girl.

Arkeus

Hey Gibby,Try not to let it get to you. some of us are lucky enough to have parents who are understanding, but sometimes we dont. I know none of us can feel your pain, but try to stay strong. you can always talk to any of us on here is should imagine. If you can, try to ignore any comments that spark it all up. it may/may not be your whole life, its just your sexuality. I am struggling to tell those i care about , but the key is to give it all time. We are here for you if you ever need us, all of us. And if you ever want to talk with someone, my skype -----> mountain_wolf_16

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

Hey Gibby,Try not to let it get to you. some of us are lucky enough to have parents who are understanding, but sometimes we dont. I know none of us can feel your pain, but try to stay strong. you can always talk to any of us on here is should imagine. If you can, try to ignore any comments that spark it all up. it may/may not be your whole life, its just your sexuality. I am struggling to tell those i care about , but the key is to give it all time. We are here for you if you ever need us, all of us. And if you ever want to talk with someone, im here most of the day: mountain_wolf_16

Thanks, but I don't even know who you are.

Anyway, my own little update. My family don't even believe me when I say I'm gay anymore. :/ They seem to be in denial of the whole idea. It's one thing when they accept it or hate me for it, but when they pretend it doesn't exist... That hurts, in some kind of strange, horrid way. ._.

Last edited:

Arkeus

When they are in denial sometimes you just need to live with that, at least for now..... Dont bring it up too much if it causes stress between you and your family, otherwise they will come to asscociate, even if they shouldnt, you being gay with their stress. hope this helps...