• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Comment limits for galleries

AllenR

Right now I'm trying to download all the art from an artists gallery, but it's taking me a lot longer than it should because of how this guy has about 100 comments on one page, which just slows the process down because of all that loading, plus loading everybody's avatar as well. What I'd honestly like to see is a limit to how many comments can be on one page. Like say, we could set it to say 25 comments, then it'll start a new page when the 26th one comes up. Kind of like how DeviantArt does it.

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
i also think it's a good idea

nobuyuki

I think it should be a user option. I hate having to dredge through multiple pages to get to the latest comments 8)

yak

Site Developer
Staff member
Administrator
PHP:
/*
 /----------+            +----------------+----+            +--------+----+     +---------
| Prev. N   |     Order  |  Newest first  | / |     Limit  |    24  | / |     |  Next N  |
 ----------+            +----------------+----+            +--------+----+     +---------/
*/
standart navigation pannel thingie. with cookies

AllenR

nobuyuki said:
I think it should be a user option. I hate having to dredge through multiple pages to get to the latest comments 8)

Well, I did kind of say that it would be a user option in my first post. And as for getting to the latest comment, I figure maybe they could change the comment settings to have the latest comment be first and the first comment be last.

uncia2000

Would be (optionally) latest "root" comment first, I guess, in order to preserve the nesting. And "10", "25" or whatever limit might be best varied upwards by the code to include any threads which might otherwise be truncated?

Yes, agreed; a good idea, under user control.
But with as little bloat as possible, please... strong personal dislike of excessive clutter, clickable collapsible threads, etc. ;)

Other toggles in that category would be reply box at top/bottom (*tries again*) and possibly a simple scrollable window for previous comments to aid scanning when creating replies - especially those that might be longer than one line!

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I'm with uncia on this one.

Because the scroll of doom is just ridiculous even on a high speed connection. Also please add targeting to comments like when you get messages of a reply to a submission or comment you made. I dunno if you're going to rehash the message center similar to DA/SA where you actually see the comment in your message center versus a notification.