• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bug/Site Problem: Comment removed by page owner bug returns?

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
So I been hearing from artist (so far 4 but only have 2 on hand with their journals) talking about how they notice on some of their submissions for some odd reason it would state that they removed the comment.

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4326124/
This user have fully no idea why but some folks who commented just think its a bug/glitch that been happening since the site slow down (the two previous times I heard about this did occur during the site slow downs)

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/4326156/
This user suspected that it was their Stylish Addon was causing it but as the previous link showed and was mentioned by the owner of the first journal, they dont use stylish so it couldnt of been it doing this.

Do you think the Security hole that was shown in full by Eevee years ago could of been reopened or just a passing by bug/glitch?

L

LizardKing

Just fudging with the removal link doesn't seem to work (as it hasn't done for a long time), so it's probably some weird glitch. Beyond that, I have no idea.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Do you use Opera by any chance, or perhaps Firefox with that Fasterfox plugin?
The pattern being: "web accelerators" that pre-load all the links on the page in background so by the time you click them, "they are already there". Problem being, some of those links are for hiding comments.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Long-time Opera user here, long-time FA user. I'm often browsing over my submissions, but I've never experienced this.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
The pattern being: "web accelerators" that pre-load all the links on the page in background so by the time you click them, "they are already there". Problem being, some of those links are for hiding comments.
then that would been effecting me also but it hasnt so I really doubt thats being the problem(or I'm a lucky bastard as always). Again I only started to notice this happening during the massive slow down problem started.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
this happened to me once on a submission, i assumed i was in a stupor and deleted comment but it happened again, resubmitting it seemed to fix it and ive not seen it crop up again.... YET

Alxias

No I use rockmelt, a shootoff of Chrome that runs on chrome.

WhiteMantis

Yeah, the first link to my journal explains very well what's happening. I use Chrome and the plugins Ghostery, AdBlock and Hoverzoom. Been using these for a long time and never had any problem.

Opened a trouble ticket regarding the issue. Demacia, the admin who replied me said they were going to inform the tech team about the problem, and restored my comments at least. But I'm afraid this thing will mess up all my submissions. So far the problem spread to two other submissions, the comments on those, however, have not been restored.

EDIT: Forgot to mention some comments were hidden when I wasn't even using the computer.

EDIT2: It's happening again... three comments were hidden in less than 1 minute.

Last edited:

Syynx

Whitemantis and I have discovered the issue, It's caused by a recent update with a browser addon called HoverZoom, which is removing comments if you hover your mouse over the Hide Comment link for even a moment

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Whitemantis and I have discovered the issue, It's caused by a recent update with a browser addon called HoverZoom, which is removing comments if you hover your mouse over the Hide Comment link for even a moment

this doesnt solve my problem though :I i use safari with no add ons.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
weird,
though it explains it for you guys, it really doesnt explain why they get removals when they were away from the computer, nor fully explain it for others unless they have the same thing.

WhiteMantis

I've disabled Hoverzoom since the end of my tests. So far, no more comments were hidden. I'll keep an eye open for possible hidden comments with the addon disabled. I really hope they don't happen anymore...

In the meanwhile, I think everyone experiencing the issue should open a trouble ticket explaining the exact situation you're in. I believe the more people report the problem, the faster they'll notice it's something serious, and the faster they'll try to solve the issue.

Alxias

I've disabled Hoverzoom since the end of my tests. So far, no more comments were hidden. I'll keep an eye open for possible hidden comments with the addon disabled. I really hope they don't happen anymore...

In the meanwhile, I think everyone experiencing the issue should open a trouble ticket explaining the exact situation you're in. I believe the more people report the problem, the faster they'll notice it's something serious, and the faster they'll try to solve the issue.

I put in a trouble ticket but have yet to get any kind of response.

PheagleAdler

I second that this could be a HoverZoom issue as I also have the extension installed on Chrome.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
I second that this could be a HoverZoom issue as I also have the extension installed on Chrome.
then explain why it happened to DD who had no extentions when it occur, it only explains those with hoverzoom, yak pointed out to folks using something to speed up loading pages. It still leaves folks who dont have any addons getting it.

DragonFU

The Legend of FU
I'm using Chrome and I have Hoverzoom and it updated itself earlier today. I'm going to disable it for this site and hope that fixes it. I was kind of freaking out about this so I'm grateful this thread exists.

Edit: When I disabled Hoverzoom from furaffinity.net the problem persisted then I disabled it completely and the problem went away.

Last edited: