• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

commercial spammer

shiy0

A.K.A the greeting wolf
oh yay spambots...* grabs shotgun and loads it*
if somebody needs it the ak's are loaded and stand against that wall over there.

PheagleAdler

Seriously, shouldn't we do something about registration? Or how about a system that bans a user that posts this kind of shit?

A

aeroxwolf

Okay guys, i think site security seriously needs to be re-evaluated. I've reported 3 bots today, all advertising the exact same bullsh#t. Judging by this thread, this isn't something new. A new countermeasures needs to be put in place to prevent this from reoccurring.

A

aeroxwolf

A simpler and less drastic approach would be to recruit more moderators. Most of the mods here are American with the exception of Kalmor. More UK/ European mods would make catching these bot a lot quicker, in the absence of the American mods.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned
A simpler and less drastic approach would be to recruit more moderators. Most of the mods here are American with the exception of Kalmor. More UK/ European mods would make catching these bot a lot quicker, in the absence of the American mods.
Working on it.

Currently we have Mentova/Ozriel as US, me as EU and Taralack as AU.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
I think at least 3 moderators per region may be a good idea, with 24/7 coverage and protection against spammers.

GamingGal

Or perhaps we could have a requirement where you HAVE to post in the introductions first before being able to create a thread? I remember a site I was on previously did this and it helped cut it down a bit.

Eggdodger

Mourning Dove
Working on it.

Currently we have Mentova/Ozriel as US, me as EU and Taralack as AU.

Working on it?

EDIT: I must be psychic, they appeared again

Last edited:

Crunchy_Bat

Incoherent Babble Master
Go staff! Yall are awesome, fight the monsters!!!!

I still have yet to figure out why people bother to set up spambots like this other then to tick people off for a short while. -loads sniper rifle and sits on the roof of FurAffinity HQ-

F

foussiremix

LOL now its japanese, seriously, I GONNA BLOW THEM UP WITH MY STARLIGHT BREAKER

PheagleAdler

Do these spammers really think they're accomplishing anything by posting here?