• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekel

A Professional Expert
Okay, genuine question here, folks. Not really. But still.

Am I mega popufur or something? Check my profile. I feel like there's a glitch.

In a single day, it went from like 40 pageviews to 121, which would be odd even if I did participate like a lot of the bigger guys here. I checked tonight out of curiosity and it was all the way at 228. I checked again a couple minutes later and it was at 231. What the fuck.

Am I the only one seeing this number?

Last edited:

Kleric

Okay, genuine question here, folks. Not really. But still.

Am I mega popufur or something? Check my profile. I feel like there's a glitch.

In a single day, it went from like 40 pageviews to 121, which would be odd even if I did participate like a lot of the bigger guys here. I checked tonight out of curiosity and it was all the way at 228. I checked again a couple minutes later and it was at 232. What the fuck.

Am I the only one seeing this number?

I C wat yur doing... ;)

Clever little fox.

Last edited:

Rekel

A Professional Expert
I C wat yur doing... ;)

Clever little fox.

Lol, no, that's not what I mean. I'm not even kidding

uw68dPc.png

I only ask because so much false activity on my page could be, I don't know, dangerous or something. I don't know a lot about networking jazz, but I feel like it could be a result of some kind of brute force to get into my profile. Maybe. Or not, I dunno. :V

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
^ I confess that until now, I've never once thought of a FaF profile as a measuring stick for popularity like I would a main FA page's page view counter. I also confess that I checked my own profile page's view number after reading your post~ lol

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I confess that i have now just gone and checked mine and now have a huge e-penis boner.

Kalmor

Banned
Banned

uw68dPc.png

I only ask because so much false activity on my page could be, I don't know, dangerous or something. I don't know a lot about networking jazz, but I feel like it could be a result of some kind of brute force to get into my profile. Maybe. Or not, I dunno. :V
It could be just search engine bots crawling everything they see, though I don't know if guests contribute to view counts. I'm not a tech dude (though hope to be one day).

Arcana

career lurker

uw68dPc.png

If someone were trying to brute force your account, they'd be hitting up the login page. In all likelihood there's just a bot trawling the forum and your profile keeps getting hit up (my own profile got ~5 bot views yesterday, by my estimates).

Edit: guests can contribute to profile views, but with that much traffic it's most likely a bot, or a stalker :v

HereKittyKitty

It's all fun and games...
I don't greet new comers on FAF anymore because there's like 3 new people everyday and they don't even stick around.
Seems pointless and annoying to have so many people show up thinking we're a hug box.
I don't greet the new people simply because posts on the Intro forum don't count towards post count, thus they are pointless.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
*spits drink after seeing my pageviews*

Well dang...

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
"Your page has had 80 visits."

okay.jpg

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
A handful of devoted stalkers has more meaning than thousands of random strangers. :p

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
This is my 1000th post and I'm going to be pissed at myself for ruining it the next post. It's going to take a looong time to get 2000 posts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.