• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
~12% of the UK is forested, but only ~2% of the UK's area is 'original forest', and the rest is commercial plantations.
That's... pretty depressing, actually. I imagine even moreso for the people living there. :c

Godtier

Truant
It seems struggling people are easy to find. Welcome aboard!

Confession: I am forever worrying about coming off as a weirdo.

For what it's worth, you've always come off as a cool customer to me. But yeah, I share that worry, especially off of the internet.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
That's... pretty depressing, actually. I imagine even moreso for the people living there. :c

I absolutely agree with it. Because of it England is incredibly... dull. Even Poland with it's 30% is.
It's like living in one big village, a house every 100-200 meters. Not having any settlements in sight is pretty much impossible: the biggest uninhabited area has 8km in diameter.

Gronix

Catless Cat Lady
I greatly fear that I annoy someone without me noticing when chatting, or that I give a bad first impression to someone.
When I'm actively chatting with someone, and the other person suddently stops responding I feel horrible. Maybe something happened, maybe I was boring, maybe I was annoying, I can't know and it drives me mad.

EDIT: Then I'm afraid to ask later, because if it was the latter one, I would just worsen the thing....

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
I absolutely agree with it. Because of it England is incredibly... dull. Even Poland with it's 30% is.
It's like living in one big village, a house every 100-200 meters. Not having any settlements in sight is pretty much impossible: the biggest uninhabited area has 8km in diameter.
Man, and then that also attributes to the lack of wildlife. Aww, I love forests and stuff, that gives me some feels.

Finland is apparently the most forested country in the EU, at about ~75%. It's fucking beautiful.
Last year, for autumn, my family went up to a cottage waaaay up in Lapland (the north) for ruska (which has no english translation, but it's basically the leaves changing into their autumn colors) and it was just breathtaking. I mean, Wisconsin is a pretty forested state, I don't know the actual percentage, but I've seen plenty of autumn colors in my years. But holy shit, being up in Lapland it was literally a sea of colors in all directions without interruption as far as the eye could see.

And Finns take pride in their nature, rightly so, and they take care of it.

I dunno, the thought of there being so little natural forest left and so little wildlife because of that, I feel bad for England.

Somewhat related, now I know why everyone looked so happy in one of the recent Doctor Who episodes where a forest sprouted everywhere and covered everything. :c

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Man, and then that also attributes to the lack of wildlife. Aww, I love forests and stuff, that gives me some feels.

Aye. Luckily we still have
700.000 roe-deers
900.000 boars
250 wolves
400 bears
1500 bisons
350 lynxes
And hell knows how many deers and elks.

PS: If you like canoeing then feel invited to a kayaking on Biebrza

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Aye. Luckily we still have
700.000 roe-deers
900.000 boars
250 wolves
400 bears
1500 bisons
350 lynxes
And hell knows how many deers and elks.

PS: If you like canoeing then feel invited to a kayaking on Biebrza
I wouldn't mind trying, though I confess that I am mildly afraid of water; my first time on a cruise was a few months ago crossing the Baltic to Estonia and that had me shaken up a bit, though I ended up liking the experience in the end, so who knows. I'm also afraid of heights, though I like to rock climb. qq
But if you know of any caves, I will be all up in that shit. I love caving/spelunking/crawling around holes in the earth.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Most English do not care. We are a people disconnected from nature.

My polish acquaintances (emmigrants) told me about englishmen reaction when they went on a mushrooming (not to mention that in England it's, at least I think so - illegal)
"What?"
"It's poisonous!"
"You'll die"
"How?"
"Why?"
They all thought that after eating the soup they're going to die the very next day. And here even capital city dwellers go on a mushrooming once or twice a year.

Oh lord... The chanterelle sauce... The ultimate delicacy.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
My polish acquaintances (emmigrants) told me about englishmen reaction when they went on a mushrooming (not to mention that in England it's, at least I think so - illegal)
"What?"
"It's poisonous!"
"You'll die"
"How?"
"Why?"
They all thought that after eating the soup they're going to die the very next day. And here even capital city dwellers go on a mushrooming once or twice a year.

Suffice to say that if the English did pick mushrooms, or wild flowers, they would soon go extinct. Bracken almost went extinct in the reign of Victoria because of collectors picking them.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
"What?"
"It's poisonous!"
"You'll die"
"How?"
"Why?"

Pretty much how I felt when my inlaws brought a bunch of those same mushrooms back and were like 'Eat this, it's good!' and I was like 'I don't wanna die, what the hell.' /assumes all mushrooms are poisonous

But the korvasieni would actually kill you if eaten raw. They hate to boil it like 2-3 times or something like that.

I don't like mushrooms. :c

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I feel unclean touching or quoting the texts of Abrahamic religions.

Ieono

Uberaffe
Confession: I am forever worrying about coming off as a weirdo.

That's funny, cause I love making people uncomfortable and coming off as batshit crazy!

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
Let your freak flag fly!

Ieono

Uberaffe
Let your freak flag fly!

Haha, sure.

I'd rather be "maladjusted" or "crazy" than to be some inane prude who thinks that the norms of society should dictate every facet of your consciousness. If my passion and uninhibited expression alienates me from most people, then so be it. I'm not living my life for "most people," I'm living it for me.

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
Current mood:

Flint Lockwood throwing himself away in a trashcan after his failed invention

or

Lilo lying on the floor while Nani is locked outside lipsinging to an Elvis record

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Loves the old character design of lilo and stich

After seeing the new anime version of the series.

I feel like I'm about to commit suicide

MegaMew

Jäger
Loves the old character design of lilo and stich

After seeing the new anime version of the series.

I feel like I'm about to commit suicide
Do you realize that we could have lived without having to know this exists?
Lilo and stitch was amazing! And this!? THIS!?
*flips table and proceeds to leave*

Kit H. Ruppell

Is there at least an Experiment 621?

Phyllostachys

Feigning intelligence
Suffice to say that if the English did pick mushrooms, or wild flowers, they would soon go extinct. Bracken almost went extinct in the reign of Victoria because of collectors picking them.

Though I heard that mushrooms are much less sensetive to harvesting, as long as people don't rake forest floor to get them.

Anyway, pteridomania. That was quite an interesting thing to read about. I also read that harvesting of wild orchids for European nurseries had impact on more vulnerable species in South America and Southeast Asia. Sadly, such trend still continues in Korea, as Koreans love to eat namul, or young shoots, growing points, and leaves of various wild plants. We eat everything from young shoots of daylily to fiddleheads of bracken(which are toxic and has to be pre-treated). Species that are sensitive to harvesting, such as Allium victorialis which produces only two leaves per growing season, are threatened because of this practice. Species with medicinal and ornamental values also suffer from overharvesting; despite that many of them are protected by law, most people fail to understand why harvesting them should be punishable and often ignore such law outrightly.

Kit H. Ruppell

Though I heard that mushrooms are much less sensetive to harvesting, as long as people don't rake forest floor to get them.

Anyway, pteridomania. That was quite an interesting thing to read about. I also read that harvesting of wild orchids for European nurseries had impact on more vulnerable species in South America and Southeast Asia. Sadly, such trend still continues in Korea, as Koreans love to eat namul, or young shoots, growing points, and leaves of various wild plants. We eat everything from young shoots of daylily to fiddleheads of bracken(which are toxic and has to be pre-treated). Species that are sensitive to harvesting, such as Allium victorialis which produces only two leaves per growing season, are threatened because of this practice. Species with medicinal and ornamental values also suffer from overharvesting; despite that many of them are protected by law, most people fail to understand why harvesting them should be punishable and often ignore such law outrightly.

Your country really is a collective intelligence of techno-savants, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.