• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaossal

Feeling pretty down randomly, my best friend never talks to me anymore since I moved. There facebooks been deleted for a long time and they never get on FA or skype.
I know people get busy but its been 7 months and we have been friends for over 10years....I don't even tell people to ask her to get online anymore I've given up with trying to still be in contact with her....

I don't even know why I want friends...all they do is make me sad. I do everything for them but they are never there for me. People have always just gotten bored with me and disappear...I don't know why I still get sad about it, its been this way my whole life. I'm just that background person everyone ignores and forgets is even there.

When I was in school almost every year people in class would ask me halfway threw the year if I was new.....always that awkward silence when I would say no..I was not.
Teachers would mark me as there when I wasn't or would mark me as not there when I was. When they would ask the class something and I would be the ONLY one with there hand raised they would be like ''Oh? No one can answer?''

Sometimes I feel like I don't even exist because no one acknowledges my existents....confessing this did not make me feel better.....feel more upset and sad now....

Might delete this later....I hate showing weakness to other people.....

Last edited:

jtrekkie

Feathered
Don't feel bad. A lot of people feel that way, and moving is tough.

Half-Note

Alright mother fuckers. A confession. And a warning. Fix your ways before it's too late. If you're not a lazy disgusting person like I've been--good on ya.

About my last year of alcohol and drug binge, I also included Monsters and large amounts of candy as a staple part of my diet. I also stopped brushing my teeth because why buy toothpaste when I could buy more weed and coke? Seriously. Out of all the things that have come back to bite me in the ass, my current dental issues top the charts as my most shameful (and painful). I now brush my teeth 2 or 3 times daily along with a floss and mouthwash routine, but it's not enough to reverse the damage. And needless to say, the damage was significant.

Today I got a wisdom tooth extracted. I discovered that I had deep cavity infections in many of my side teeth up top, and I'm very close to losing another tooth on the side of my mouth. The other wisdom tooth is coming out as a fact, but I could only handle so much tugging and stabbing in a single day. In all honesty, I had a really good dentist who made sure I was numbed up very well. He would tug, and if I felt any pain, he'd stop and go back in with the needle to numb some more. But the feeling of having something slowly pulled out of your skull ranks as one of the most uncomfortable feelings out there.

What you're about to see is disgusting. On top of a broken, infected tooth, you're going to see part of my infected jawbone that came out with the tooth. (It's that white horizontal chunk on the side) Seriously. Dental problems is one of my most embarassing issues right now. http://i.imgur.com/UGJ2eKm.jpg?2
*rushes to the bathroom to brush his teeth before it's too late*

Chaossal

Ate some bacon flavored bread chips with some cheese and I feel better now lol.
Who needs friends when you can have bacon? :p All of it *-* you don't have to share it.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I genuinely think people need a crash course on the internet lingo before being allowed on the 'net. If you know what "lol" or "OTL" means, you should sure as hell have the eyes to differentiate oldfag from old faggot.

I am very surprised that you, fallow didn't tell him the difference, or couldn't see it past your rage-lenses.
So basically Simo misread/didn't understand something, and offended himself. I am not apologizing for that.

I said you should explain, not that you should apologise. He will just think that my attempt to explain the difference is an apology on your behalf.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
You are talking about this issue for everyone to see. This isnt pm, Simo has probably even seen this by now. That semantic is arguably pointless, and you should probably just stop trying to make a fuss about this.

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
Feeling pretty down randomly, my best friend never talks to me anymore since I moved. There facebooks been deleted for a long time and they never get on FA or skype.
I know people get busy but its been 7 months and we have been friends for over 10years....I don't even tell people to ask her to get online anymore I've given up with trying to still be in contact with her....

I don't even know why I want friends...all they do is make me sad. I do everything for them but they are never there for me. People have always just gotten bored with me and disappear...I don't know why I still get sad about it, its been this way my whole life. I'm just that background person everyone ignores and forgets is even there.

When I was in school almost every year people in class would ask me halfway threw the year if I was new.....always that awkward silence when I would say no..I was not.
Teachers would mark me as there when I wasn't or would mark me as not there when I was. When they would ask the class something and I would be the ONLY one with there hand raised they would be like ''Oh? No one can answer?''

Sometimes I feel like I don't even exist because no one acknowledges my existents....confessing this did not make me feel better.....feel more upset and sad now....

Might delete this later....I hate showing weakness to other people.....

If you want something inspirational, showing weakness, is that weakness leaving the body.

Like if you cry, its weakness leaving the body. If you spill out weak emotions, that's weakness leaving the body.

The more you vent, the stronger you are, even if it may not seem like it.

And its true, you vent, you realize your mistakes/situation/whatever's-going-on, and you get on with your life, or improve based upon what you see.

So, you really DO get stronger.

Fallowfox

If you want something inspirational, showing weakness, is that weakness leaving the body.

Like if you cry, its weakness leaving the body. If you spill out weak emotions, that's weakness leaving the body.

The more you vent, the stronger you are, even if it may not seem like it.

And its true, you vent, you realize your mistakes/situation/whatever's-going-on, and you get on with your life, or improve based upon what you see.

So, you really DO get stronger.

To my knowledge when venting was investigated, the results suggested that people who vented their stress were more likely to be stressed in future.

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
To my knowledge when venting was investigated, the results suggested that people who vented their stress were more likely to be stressed in future.

That hasn't seemed to have been the case for me. It helps me to just dump all my stress somewhere, leave it behind. I haven't really been stressed about much, notably less each time I DO vent.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
He'd just made a thread about being happy that he was finally married to his same sex partner, and then a comment appears on his page talking about fags; you can figure out what impression resulted.

I've been telling people on here for so long that "oldfag furfag newfag assfag" shit was homophobic and demeaning. And low and behold, they dun fucked up again.

FAF is really disgraceful at times. I'll be in talks with Mentova after the holidays.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I've been telling people on here for so long that "oldfag furfag newfag assfag" shit was homophobic and demeaning. And low and behold, they dun fucked up again.

FAF is really disgraceful at times. I'll be in talks with Mentova after the holidays.

it is slang. are some of the words i have been called in bed means i am being slut shamed?

not that i disagree, more that slang has a concept independent of its root when the intention is entirely separate. the perceived non understanding is what made it so offensive, if anything.

i am a tad salty at pretty much everyone. slang was misunderstood, then dragged out into a situation with a commentary on the state of affairs alongside it. thats what i find deplorable; it was handled like shit as per usual. d also as per usual, nobody seems too interested in being patient about it.

idk. merry christmas.

Last edited:

Misomie

Lazy Artist
My mental state is so screwed up that I cried because I forgot a gift at my friend's house. I was so upset that I went on an hour ling bike ride in 30° F weather in the middle of the night to retrieve it.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers

Could be circular. Those persons more likely to vent stress might be those whose lifestyle - job, finances, safety - more often put them in positions where they accumulate stress to be vented.

Fallowfox

Could be circular. Those persons more likely to vent stress might be those whose lifestyle - job, finances, safety - more often put them in positions where they accumulate stress to be vented.
http://www.kent.ac.uk/newsarchive/n...he-most-effective-coping-strategies/2011.html

The study was performed on 149 students at the University of Kent...which is not exactly a representative cohort for society at large, but it does isolate for variations in occupation and so on.

The results of the study, which collected subjective diary entries, suggested that students who vented were less likely to cope with perceived failure.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
http://www.kent.ac.uk/newsarchive/n...he-most-effective-coping-strategies/2011.html

The study was performed on 149 students at the University of Kent...which is not exactly a representative cohort for society at large, but it does isolate for variations in occupation and so on.

The results of the study, which collected subjective diary entries, suggested that students who vented were less likely to cope with perceived failure.

I think it is possible that the reason there is more correlation is because in my experience venting may also correlate to lack of ability/control. Those who may vent less may also have less to vent about. That is, at least, what I have noticed. But I do think to some extent venting without resolution can lead to a reversion to a state of perceived victimization which can be unhealthy. It really on what the venting causes.

Fallowfox

I think it is possible that the reason there is more correlation is because in my experience venting may also correlate to lack of ability/control. Those who may vent less may also have less to vent about. That is, at least, what I have noticed. But I do think to some extent venting without resolution can lead to a reversion to a state of perceived victimization which can be unhealthy. It really on what the venting causes.

Read the study description, because it explains how possible lurking variables were filtered out.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Then disregard my first point however I double the second. They isolated on a positive vs. negative which is (whether or not we admit it) partially determined by outcome. Venting leading to resolution is capable of fallingunder the latter half.

tldr if you hate yourself and still determine to hate everything, then no fucking shit.

this study is not about venting itself. its about the process surrounding venting

i speak in this regard because sometimes i am not in a capable perspective to just adjust to a positive switch. venting is more than capable of allowing one to experience a relief from tension caused by forcing ones emotions inside themselves. i know i have felt better after cutting myself before, not for the associated adrenaline or the act itself, but with the fact that i had let out my emotions and was then able to enter a more relaxed state which gave me more room to think positively/rationally.

again, what happens before/after the vent? do we then do what the study suggests is a separate action altogether, or do we, again as the study implies, take no positive discourse on the subject?

i realize at the core my perspective is fallible but i do think the study is still not necessarily equivalent to venting = bad

Last edited:

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
I'm not gonna bump the hypnosis thread so I'm posting here. The thing I tried last time I tried again (favourite animal thing), while kinda tired, later at night and in darkness. It was better than last time, I felt more confuzzled after I sat up, and though I didn't "believe" I was the other thing, the images in my head I was picturing before were still super vivid. And I felt an invisible toe, until I rubbed my feet together and it wasn't there anymore. Oh and I couldn't quite stand up because I was in some daydream thing, and kind of just put my hands on the floor instead. o_O I can still string sentences together though lol.
What a difference being slightly tired and in pitch black makes!!

DukeTheHusky

The Gamer Dog
I'd rather not go into details but in middle school I went into a depression and literally had messed up every friendship I had, was made fun of constantly, and I couldn't trust my parents with any type of information about my life because I'd always get some smartass answer like "Oh, just suck it up", or "You'll get over it", etc. Anyways this is actually what drove me to gaming because I felt alone and needed a way to evade these feelings. I began to play more and more and used playing video games as an excuse to avoid any conversation with my parents. Playing video games really is also what kept me from wanting to kill myself. But I'm actually glad I started playing video games so much, I ended up meeting the greatest friends I've ever had in my life. They convinced me to try to fix the relationships with those I had trouble with. Sadly, many of those relationships were unable to be repaired, but from the few that were fixed led to me having a small group of friends that I cherish. But even with having a good group of friends, I still have trust issues and I'm not as nice as I used to be. And to this day, I'm slowly expanding my friend group and I still play Video games just about every day.

ZettaBit

Caffeine Addict
I am having way too much fun with Garth in the Image Battle Thread...

Thanks Garth. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.