• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy-Lyn

Relentless Fighter
So, a friend of mine is transgendered and trying to transition. She went to the doc and the doc was very understanding and even encouraging.

My friend is on Tricare, which, as she recently found out, covers hormone therapy. However, after the doc ran some necessary tests on her to make sure everything was a-ok for transition, he then proceeded to tell her that -he- was told that the medication wasn't covered.

I'm wondering if there's anything that I can do to help her, but I'm honestly unsure of what I could do. It's a shitty situation, 'cuz she was so excited and relieved to the point of tears when she found out that Tricare covered the expenses, but now the rug's pulled out from under her and she's trying to find the root of the problem, but with no success.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Never understood how people can sit on their asses watching a bunch of millionaires kick a ball around a field. Rugby I get a bit because its a bit more violent but still...why did this stuff get so popular?
Regional pride, betting, excitement, atmosphere, team spirit amongst fans and personal interest in the sport to name a couple of reasons.
I can understand why people like sports, but I still don't understand why American football is called football when there is no ball in it, and feet aren't as prominent as hands in the game.

Luki

Where did the word soccer come from, anyway?
At least around here they call it as it should be, the real football.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Football is so boring to watch.

The homoerotic American version and the international version both.

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
I still don't understand why American football is called football when there is no ball in it, and feet aren't as prominent as hands in the game.

America is just very weird.

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
Where did the word soccer come from, anyway?
At least around here they call it as it should be, the real football.

It comes from the abbreviation "assoc", which came from "association football", which is the official name of football as a formal sport. American football is called that because it evolved from Rugby football, which evolved from soccer.

I have to admit, experiencing both, I still prefer American football. Yeah, there are more breaks, but it's more interesting in that more points are scored during the game. Even taking out the arbitrary rule system, you still see more action in an American football game than in a soccer game (at least in our present throw-heavy style of play). That said, soccer is still fun to watch, especially in a bar where the commentary is less important. I've always wondered if Soccer is preferred because you don't have to pay as much attention to it, which might be important when you're drinking :p.

Last edited:

Moogie

♡Kupo♡
I confess that I'm recording a song right now..and I want to debut it to you guys.

I definitely want to hear it when you post! :D

As for confession; I wear big dark coloured baggy sweaters for when I rarely go outside so I look bigger and more.. intimidating? xD Not sure if it really works in that regard, though I feel 99% more safe in it.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
I had a bad dream last night, so bad that Manface had to wake me up, because I was crying really hard. Even the dog was freaking out.
In my dream, I was Meatwad, and Master Shake had died. Frylock and I were mourning our comrade.
What the fuck. I mean, we all looked like people, not the ATHF characters, but that's who we were. And I can't remember why he died, just that he did, and that someone was talking to me about it and I was having a breakdown.
Like... what the actual fuck, brain?

Also, unrelated to confessing stuff, but since I'm already here and typing and in the mood to share, might as well dump it here.
So. I was putting dishes in my dishwasher and I jokingly asked my dog if there was anything else that needed to go in (you might remember that I talk to him when I'm alone because I'm a lonely loser like that). He walked away and I had a moment of feeling really stupid, but then he came back into the kitchen with his bone in his mouth and he put it down beside the dishwasher door, which is down since I'm loading, and then he just sat there and smiled at me. I know he didn't understand me, but it was just really cute. C:

Edit: Shu, I really dig that. Great job man! :3

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
So, a friend of mine is transgendered and trying to transition. She went to the doc and the doc was very understanding and even encouraging.

My friend is on Tricare, which, as she recently found out, covers hormone therapy. However, after the doc ran some necessary tests on her to make sure everything was a-ok for transition, he then proceeded to tell her that -he- was told that the medication wasn't covered.

I'm wondering if there's anything that I can do to help her, but I'm honestly unsure of what I could do. It's a shitty situation, 'cuz she was so excited and relieved to the point of tears when she found out that Tricare covered the expenses, but now the rug's pulled out from under her and she's trying to find the root of the problem, but with no success.

Well her doctor is bullshitting her.
A doctor can prescribe medication regardless of whether or not it is covered by insurance. Just throwing that out there. He can prescribe it and she can pay full price.

Sounds to me like he's yankin chains.

Ariosto

I have a Care Bears bedsheet, and said bedsheet is one of my favourites as well.

I used to hate football uniformly until I watched a World Cup, and especially when I saw my country's selection do amazingly in the World Cup. I still hate it, but at least now I enjoy watching my selection.

Last edited:

Aeveirra509

---Æve
If available, the gender, species, age, and orientation of every single watcher is documented for a specific sociological project...

Last edited:

Gator

Uncledaddy
Just finished recording the guitars, as soon as I finish the vocals you guys get to hear it! Probably in the next 45 minutes.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/thecactusrats/no-happy-end

No drums because I don't have a drumset or a drummer around :p I hope you guys like it even though I have a terrible singing voice.

i'm still half asleep but damn that pushed some buttons.

confessional; i never had any interest in sports, but i kinda wish i knew a damn thing about football 'cause i like the culture surrounding it. i wanna paint my face and eat meat-foods with a bunch of bros and watch the damn superbowl. i just... wouldn't know wtf is going on. i also don't have any bros. :c what kind of man am i

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
confessional; i never had any interest in sports, but i kinda wish i knew a damn thing about football 'cause i like the culture surrounding it. i wanna paint my face and eat meat-foods with a bunch of bros and watch the damn superbowl. i just... wouldn't know wtf is going on. i also don't have any bros. :c what kind of man am i
I know a little about handball-egg, having grown up in an NFL city. If you can cook up the meat-foods (if I try, it will end up as charred ruins qwq), I'll paint your face and be your bro. c: *brofist? (that's how it's said, right?)*

Gator

Uncledaddy
I know a little about handball-egg, having grown up in an NFL city. If you can cook up the meat-foods (if I try, it will end up as charred ruins qwq), I'll paint your face and be your bro. c: *brofist? (that's how it's said, right?)*
/brofist
you will come to my house and we will do this.

Pyper

i never had any interest in sports, but i kinda wish i knew a damn thing about football 'cause i like the culture surrounding it. i wanna paint my face and eat meat-foods with a bunch of bros and watch the damn superbowl. i just... wouldn't know wtf is going on. i also don't have any bros. :c what kind of man am i

I am not that big into a lot of sports myself but I get really into the games for my college. The football program was actually having a real good year and was actually going to make it to a bowl game this year until the college president decided to cut the program because he is a twat.

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
I am not that big into a lot of sports myself but I get really into the games for my college. The football program was actually having a real good year and was actually going to make it to a bowl game this year until the college president decided to cut the program because he is a twat.

Normally I despise going to football games, even though I must because marching band.
But the very last game this year, I got into it because we were so close to making it to State champs and god damn it I wanna be there for state champs somehow for something.

Gator

Uncledaddy

go punch him in the soft parts.

Pyper

Well he is about to take a punch to his wallet because he is real close to getting fired. Him cutting the program was a really big deal that actually made headlines on ESPN. Fen: when I was in the band I got really into the games myself. I think that is what actually got me into football because I had no interest previously. My high school made it to state this year and my friend and I went to the game and it was pretty intense. It is quite an experience.

*confession time* I will put on my earphones on without it being hooked to my phone so people will think I am listening to music and not try to talk to me.

Gator

Uncledaddy
the wallet is the softest and most punchable part of all.

and that earphone thing, i do that. alas, it doesn't always work. people try to yak at me when i am listening to something and legit can't hear them.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Well, i asked that girl out...
Turns out she had a boyfriend, I'm just glad i learned this before i asked her.
Looks like I'm spending another valentines day alone. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.