• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
*scribbles down French notes*

Tu es un jambon. :I

Ariosto

@Kooky:
Je voulais paraître formel, même quand je parle Anglais.

EDIT: Oh, mais, merçi beaucouop, même.

Last edited:

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I think you meant: Ce n'est rien vraiment. Et ta langue est belle. (which is formulated in a way that makes "langue" ambiguous between "language" and "tongue")

When you're talking familiarly there's no need to invert subject and verb in a question. Written this way it sounds posh. You might want to try: "Oh là là, tu parles Français SIX?"

Thanks for the tips! I was born in France, but departed before I could really get a grasp of the tongue.

Ari: I try my best to learn, but... Vocabulary, gender, and grammar intricacies are where I'm struggling. I think I could survive if stranded in France, though.

Kookyfox

Bomb Rider
@Kooky:
Je voulais paraître formel, même quand je parle Anglais.

EDIT: Oh, mais, merçi beaucouop, même.

The verb &/or the tense is not the right one here, here's how you should reformulate: Je veux paraître formel, même quand je parle Anglais It would me a a bit more correct to say: Je tiens à paraître formel, même en Anglais.

also it's merci beaucoup, quand même.

Ariosto

Thanks for the tips! I was born in France, but departed before I could really get a grasp of the tongue.

Ari: I try my best to learn, but... Vocabulary, gender, and grammar intricacies are where I'm struggling. I think I could survive if stranded in France, though.
That's what happens when people try learning romance languages in general, I've noticed. Oh, so you were born in France? I didn't know...

EDIT:
@Kooky: thanks again! I was thinking along the lines of the Spanish 'Quería sonar formal', so that's why I used it that way, I guess.

Last edited:

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Русский ты говоришь это?

I learned to speak basic Russian but I forgot pretty much everything... you're basically asking is someone speaks Russian... and if I remember correctly I would say something along the lines of "Я могу говорить по-русски"

Luki

I wish more people would give adoption a chance instead of making their own kids. It's a touchy subject, but well... I feel that there's enough people in the world, so why not make the life of someone who's already here and having a hard time, better?
I'd like to do that, in a distant future, instead of having my own.

Gator

Uncledaddy
I wish more people would give adoption a chance instead of making their own kids. It's a touchy subject, but well... I feel that there's enough people in the world, so why not make the life of someone who's already here and having a hard time, better?
I'd like to do that, in a distant future, instead of having my own.

here's a sentiment i can appreciate. while i'm not gonna hold anything against other people for having kids (most of the time, anyway), i definitely don't plan on doing so, myself. but i'd like to adopt one of these days.

Atemis

I only like French because it made English the beautiful language it is today, rather than being a monstrosity like other German languages.

Anche, parlo un poco la lingua d'Italiano.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I may be the reason that the YMCA camp in the next town over banned touching rocks/sticks and travelling with less than 2 other people some years ago.

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
I may be the reason that the YMCA camp in the next town over banned touching rocks/sticks and travelling with less than 2 other people some years ago.

What did you do o.o

Luki

Is Spanish obligatory in American schools?

I imagine there's not really any incentive for you guys to learn new languages... Yours is the top one already ;p

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Foreign language is usually a requirement to graduate.
(But that doesn't mean I remember any of it).

At least in my school it is. And Spanish was the only one mine offered...
It must be because we're so close to Mexico.

Volkodav

Dad****er
We gotta do french where i live
canadian french
why do i have to learn french for ungrateful quebecians

ThePumu

Opening file: Redemption.exe/
You're pregnant.
Felicitaciones.

Status
Not open for further replies.