• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luki

I confess that I think you're ignorant just because you live in another country. The US is great! It's nice to be living in a society where people of color are discriminated, college costs are crippling, healthcare doesn't cover that much, and the chances of getting jobs getting lower every month, and not to mention that livable wages are very hard to come by.
So yeah, like, I totes won the lottery by being here.
Boo fucking hoo, smartass.
Gee, someone seems riled up. What's with the agression?

My point is that your range of opportunities in life is greater by default for being born there. Like it or not, you are the "center of the world", the big superpower. You have access to a great deal of things. You even went to the damn moon!
I feel silly having to point out things such as discrimination and economic struggle obviously exist everywhere, and the in US's case, it seems fairly apparent that positives surpass negatives.
I should have worded it differently and put it as "one of the least worst places you could be".

Last edited:

X_Joshi_X

Just another Metalhead
i want to move to Germany, but the only problem is i don't know what i'd be getting into but if its anything like what i think it is, i don't feel like having to know two languages

If you want to live here, you'll have to learn a bit german yeah ^^

But just being here for holidays, you can speak english. The most people can speak english here.

A

Amiir

Gee, someone seems riled up. What's with the agression?

I thought the same. It was truly unnecessary to get pissed so
Every state has its problems, let's not turn this talk into a self-pity competition on whom lives in the worst country. Seriously, it's ridiculous. There are faaaaaaaaaar worse issues that countries we live in thankfully don't have. We're bloody lucky to be where we are

I'm actually pretty facilitated with the whole language thing so it shouldn't be too hard to access other states. Hell, I even have dutch citizenship thanks to my mother so I can go to the Netherlands whenever I want. I know 5 languages, albeit in very different amounts, which include english, some decent dutch, very little spanish and even less french. Srsly I can barely speak french. Plus there's my mother language but I don't wanna reveal it here. Still have that extra oomph though. I'm lucky

Ieono

Uberaffe
I enjoy seeing how other people respond to various things. It excites me when their responses are especially passionate.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
I enjoy seeing how other people respond to various things. It excites me when their responses are especially passionate.

Same.. it just brings out some strange satisfaction that I can't really pinpoint

Ariosto

I confess I've kept comparing myself to other fellow classmates since the moment I discovered I could excell at studies. In my worst moments, my instincts lead me to underestimating people.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
i guess it's not a secret anymore that i hate myself but i do and i confess that every time i admit it i feel a little better and it's nice to pretend like people have some right to care. to those who do, you don't have to. you shouldn't have to. i like feeling open about these things.

i've been talking to someone about all of this, and i think it's going to take a long time before i'm able to see anything in myself. i never really thought there was that much wrong because i felt "happy" during the day when something didn't go wrong, but now i think that really doesn't mean anything, i think almost all of my social interaction has become a coping mechanism of some sort (not as if to say interaction in itself doesn't have some sort of psychological justification for it, more so that i act the way i do to cope with the fact that i feel inadequate...probably emphasized by the fact that if i get a chance to make a joke about how awful i am, i almost always take it), but i don't want that to permanently be the case. i am in a state where i want to kill myself, and i've been thinking about that and i think i really do mean it, and really do want to kill myself, or at the least drop out of school and abandon my home. i feel like i've been weirdly open about this because i feel more comfortable pushing people out.

in all regards, i feel kind of calm right now. i felt very tense before and wanted to get up and hurt myself (i just wish there was a way to do it quietly or without making a mess...and the only options aren't enough to feel okay) but i feel a little more comfortable openly admitting all of this.

but maybe it's the fact that i feel good saying i hate myself. that feels good, that feels right. and maybe this is all part of the problem, that i feel so good seeing myself as worthless. but honestly right now i just want to say it all.

this feels like an apology honestly. a way of saying "i'm sorry for being the person i am, i agree with you if you feel i am not a good person", because i feel deep down a certain level of certainty that i should get rid of myself.

i wanna change and be okay, but i need to be good enough first.

feels trip over. goodnight.

Last edited:

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
My stress has been exceptionally high today. Hope it will go away soon, with spring break coming and all.

Jabberwocky

bitch where
It is our responsibility to care.
we only care to an extent. not everyone can be completely caring of others; I am one of those people. If something feels important enough for me, I will care. If it's not important, then I don't. It's better this way since I avoid any unecessary anxiety and stress.

D

Deleted member 93706

we only care to an extent. not everyone can be completely caring of others; I am one of those people. If something feels important enough for me, I will care. If it's not important, then I don't. It's better this way since I avoid any unecessary anxiety and stress.

This is true, some people can't take more than they already have. Those of us who can should.

Ieono

Uberaffe
Those of us who can should.

Why?

I find it strange that people make comments like these, and yet there are literally billions of people suffering on this Earth. It's impossible to care about that much suffering. I think it is superficial caring, and that's not caring at all. If you aren't actively going out of your way to help someone, how can you say you care about them?

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?

I guess it can be said that, in the least, you've come to peace with these issues?
Still, that being said, you are worth more than you might think of yourself. There are people who care about you, who like you and love you for who you are.
If you want to change, change because you want to, but I sincerely hope this peace you've found in hating yourself is only temporary, and you'll overcome it. I know it might not seem like a trial to you, but hating yourself is toxic.
The longer you go hating yourself, the harder it is for others to love you, because you're nothing but venom in the face of their attempts. At least, these have been my own experiences.

Why?

I find it strange that people make comments like these, and yet there are literally billions of people suffering on this Earth. It's impossible to care about that much suffering. I think it is superficial caring, and that's not caring at all. If you aren't actively going out of your way to help someone, how can you say you care about them?

While that might be true in most cases, Ian (isuckatdrawing) is an individual who does go out of his way to help someone, as much as its in his power to do so. So while I might agree with you in general that most who say they care only care to an extent or are blind to the greater suffering that is out there, I don't think it's fair to call out or claim that an individual stating they do care is being fake or superficial.
If you've no knowledge of that person and their intentions, how can you claim to know either?

I realize you might have been generalizing, and may not have been speaking directly about Ian, but it should be said that there are people out there who genuinely care about the plight of others, even when they have no personal connection to them themselves, other than being fellow human beings.
It's come up a few times that fellow members of FAF have fallen on hardship, and others have come to their aid, people who have never met face to face but still cared enough to help, some of those same people giving help despite their own troubles. It's not always superficial, is all I mean to say.

D

Deleted member 93706

Why?

I find it strange that people make comments like these, and yet there are literally billions of people suffering on this Earth. It's impossible to care about that much suffering.

Caring means that I would end it all if I could. I can only help those with whom I have direct contact.

Those who are suffering as Evan does are the ones I can help the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

FenrirDarkWolf

Trapped in a Lucid Eclipse
Tbh, I sometimes think Ieono is a huge douche.
Not all the time, but sometimes.
Doesn't mean I still don't like him, just, he frustrates me at times.

Ieono

Uberaffe
Tbh, I sometimes think Ieono is a huge douche.
Not all the time, but sometimes.
Doesn't mean I still don't like him, just, he frustrates me at times.

You don't have to like me. I don't care if others like me or not. There are many here I don't like, so I just ignore them...

I was speaking of people in general...I'm bad at using the conversationally-plural "you." So uneducated-like, kwehehe.

Volkodav

Dad****er
In German we don't say "I love you" we say "Fick mich in den Arsch und Scheiße in mein Mund" and I think that's so romantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.