• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Oddly lonely tonight!

Been seeking out old and new friends for innocuous, meaningless chatter about nothing, but nobody was around.

I cook, draw, pontificate just for conversational material and really want some hot food - particularly escargot; a random craving.

To distract myself and pass the time I've been playing way, WAY too much Counter-Strike. Like, I'm up to Gold 3 ranking and I feel guilty -- all that time could've been spent in conversations, or outside, or drawing and writing, or playing smaller, more interesting games.

I think these last few months, since breaking up with a serious long-term relationship, have been the turning point where I've started feeling and thinking of myself as an adult. I'm 21; the people I talk to make me feel old. I still wanna drink myself stupid in a loud bar and punch someone in the face for no reason, then fall back giggling into a raucous group of chicken-wing eating friends, but now that fantasy doesn't have a teenage hijinks twinge to it.

I've lost 20lbs in the last couple of months, putting me down to 180. It's made me actually pretty fuckin' slender and I like the look of it, but I'm not thin - just strong. Like a boxer. Would prefer to be a swimmer.

Did you guys know it was Draw a Bird Day? I drew a Lugia.

Last edited:
I've recently found out my dad is going to make me go and a trip around the world for about 2 years after I'm done in university ( long time yet but still), which would be great , except for the fact most of my friends hate doing anything that involves moving or are too poor to go. I don't really want to visit Australia alone so I guess I just need to find new friends at university , I can't really say I'm not going either because ya know...world tour . But at the same time I'd get pretty bored with no friends...I'm pretty sure there's a confession in there somewhere , oh yeah the bit about not wanting to go unless I've got people with me!

Ieono

Uberaffe
I don't think there is anyone on this Earth that I love. I don't think I am capable of loving anyone other than myself.

jtrekkie

Feathered
I've recently found out my dad is going to make me go and a trip around the world for about 2 years after I'm done in university ( long time yet but still), which would be great , except for the fact most of my friends hate doing anything that involves moving or are too poor to go. I don't really want to visit Australia alone so I guess I just need to find new friends at university , I can't really say I'm not going either because ya know...world tour . But at the same time I'd get pretty bored with no friends...I'm pretty sure there's a confession in there somewhere , oh yeah the bit about not wanting to go unless I've got people with me!

Quite the adventure. It must be difficult to find people willing to make a commitment like that. Surely you will make friends on the way.

I don't think there is anyone on this Earth that I love. I don't think I am capable of loving anyone other than myself.

This seems strange to me. I have noticed that people excessively concerned with themselves are unable to form connections. I would think that if you were fully confident in yourself it would be very easy, but there's always this comparison thing going on instead.

I know that egocentrism and self love are different. I'm sure you'll find people you can love eventually. If you love yourself, surely you can love someone like yourself.

Ieono

Uberaffe
This seems strange to me. I have noticed that people excessively concerned with themselves are unable to form connections. I would think that if you were fully confident in yourself it would be very easy, but there's always this comparison thing going on instead.

I know that egocentrism and self love are different. I'm sure you'll find people you can love eventually. If you love yourself, surely you can love someone like yourself.

I feel that the only person worth loving is myself.

I've been turning it around in my head for a while, and I guess I have this belief that other people are flat creatures, and I'm the only person I'll ever really know. It's a bit of a relief to be honest. I feel that a lot of people waste their whole lives trying to connect to people that they'll never even truly reach or understand. If they can't do anything for you, why allow your emotions to distract you?

I guess I'm not saying it as a negative thing. It is liberating. As long as I love myself, I can continue to exist, and grow as a person. I don't need to love other people to learn from them, and have connections to them. That is just some emotional drivel that people end up believing. Haha, people can believe what they want, especially if they have nothing to do with my well-being.

Red_Lion _

Even so I'm a grumpy hermit and a miser who would rather not join the conversation most of the time, I think really do love people for just being people, warts and all.

Chaossal

Make friends with people online from all over the world, so that when you go to there country you can hang out and do things with them! Natives will know the better places to see anyway! :p

Chaossal

I lazed around all day until like 12:30, then felt bad about it because my mate works so hard all day at work, so I spend the past 3 hours cleaning. Washed the clothes, washed all the dirty dishes, brushed the dog again(she is shedding like crazy non stop for weeks now! Even after brushing her so much and giving her a shower this week), vacuumed all of upstairs, and hung up the clean clothes to dry. Oh and put fresh blankets, bedsheets and pillowcases on the bed and pillows.

Maybe tomorrow I will vacuum down stairs, but for today I think I did good enough :p

oh and I cleaned the fish tank and did a water change too lol

Last edited:

VintageLynx

Analogue fuzzball
I think lots of people are better online than irl. I've arranged a few meets (not FA) and some of people who turned up were smelling and weird - yet they seemed fine online.

Kosdu

I think lots of people are better online than irl. I've arranged a few meets (not FA) and some of people who turned up were smelling and weird - yet they seemed fine online.

I'm lucky cause everyone I met from online so far has been a lovely person in person, even the person I met up with from a BDSM site for sex.

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
I confess while stood at the Bus Stop today me and this woman developed a deep spiritual connection with life. A thick and muscular man rode past on his bike not wearing a shirt and our heads both slowly turned and followed as he disappeared around the corner.

Then we turned back and we both realised we had done the exact same thing, we both just grinned and nodded silently and carried on with our day.

I don't normally just stare at people but when they flaunt it like that how can I not!? D:

I'm lucky cause everyone I met from online so far has been a lovely person in person, even the person I met up with from a BDSM site for sex.

I'll be meeting three friends I've known online for the past three years in July at a Comic Convention and end of May I'll be meeting my long distance wolf :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 93706

Then we turned back and we both realised we had done the exact same thing, we both just grinned and nodded silently and carried on with our day.

It's interactions like these that define who we are.

Luki

There are no negative effects to expressing your gratitude for things and other people
I mean it in a romantic way. People meeting each other one day and saying they're madly in love the next. Stuff like that. I had an ex who told me all seriously-like that they'd loved me roughly two days after we started dating. Just... no.

In non-romantic contexts, eh, whatever.

Last edited:

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
I mean it in a romantic way. People meeting each other one day and saying they're madly in love the next. Stuff like that. I had an ex who told me all seriously-like that they'd loved me roughly two days after we started dating. Just... no.

In non-romantic contexts, eh, whatever.

It took me a little over a month before I let an "I love you" slip to my mate...and I was super embarrassed when it happened x:

SkyboundTerror

Thrashing About
I'm starting to regret having a phone. Every time I want to take a nap or rest, I get a dozen calls and messages and I have to restrain myself from chucking the damned thing at a wall.

I'm most pissy when I'm tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.