• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Confessions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrekkie

Feathered
No. Just no.

I confess that I'm actually not that big of a trekkie.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
I enjoy walking through large crowds and performing waltz and tango steps through the sea of people.

Let's hope not...Bleh.... >,< After seeing my nephews run around with the chick's head in their mouth and body hanging out while yelling "JURASSIC PARK!! JUUUUURRRRRRAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIICCCC PARRRRRKKKK!!!!!!" Yeah...I was done.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the nephews are young, yes?

Because if so, that is probably one of the most bad ass things I have ever heard a child do. Like, that ranks up there with my daughter telling me if she ever got picked up by a stranger, she was going to stab her fingers all the way into their eyes and scream like an angry witch.

Also, I respect and acknowledge cultural differences and whatnot, but hot damn balut is just ... *shudders*

Vær

Mr. Prickles
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the nephews are young, yes?

Because if so, that is probably one of the most bad ass things I have ever heard a child do. Like, that ranks up there with my daughter telling me if she ever got picked up by a stranger, she was going to stab her fingers all the way into their eyes and scream like an angry witch.

Also, I respect and acknowledge cultural differences and whatnot, but hot damn balut is just ... *shudders*

They were pretty young when that happened. It was such a horrific sight for me. After that I was almost completely done with traditional foods like that. As cultures should be respected our opinions on things that disgust us should also be respected.

And your daughter sounds like she'll grow up into an awesomel person. She can defend herself and she's clever enough to figure out how to stop Stranger Danger. You go girls!

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
They were pretty young when that happened. It was such a horrific sight for me. After that I was almost completely done with traditional foods like that. As cultures should be respected our opinions on things that disgust us should also be respected.

And your daughter sounds like she'll grow up into an awesomel person. She can defend herself and she's clever enough to figure out how to stop Stranger Danger. You go girls!
Well, I used to be in law enforcement, so I really really drive that kind of stuff into my daughter's head.

I confess to being a bit paranoid about 'worst case scenarios.' I actually have folders for each individual family member, myself included, listing information pertinent if one of us were to go missing or something, including fingerprints and identifying markers and scars. I know I shouldn't be so grim but... too long on that side of the fence and I've gotten a little paranoid. It's just that, I hope I never need it, but if the day ever comes that I do, I'll have that stuff prepared. One of the first things I learned in training is that a precaution is more valuable than a hope.

I update the folders once a year. :\

Vær

Mr. Prickles
Well, I used to be in law enforcement, so I really really drive that kind of stuff into my daughter's head.

I confess to being a bit paranoid about 'worst case scenarios.' I actually have folders for each individual family member, myself included, listing information pertinent if one of us were to go missing or something, including fingerprints and identifying markers and scars. I know I shouldn't be so grim but... too long on that side of the fence and I've gotten a little paranoid. It's just that, I hope I never need it, but if the day ever comes that I do, I'll have that stuff prepared. One of the first things I learned in training is that a precaution is more valuable than a hope.

I update the folders once a year. :\

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't really out there to get you. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. And I'd avoid the word paranoid. You're just...hmm....cautious? Wary? Wait...no, you're PREPARED. Good stuff. Definitely a great idea, especially if you have little ones.

LOL nooooo they were all unfertilised.

Oh THANK gahd. I was a little worried about that. Quail eggs are quite good.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
LOL nooooo they were all unfertilised.
What Vaerjo said. x3

When I was in the Philippines, I had (unfertilized) quail eggs from a street vendor and they were amaaaaazing. Haven't had anything since, though I'm pretty sure I could get them here. But definitely a tasty treat.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
I've been listening to Clutch non stop pretty much since i woke up 12 hours ago, i'm pretty sure i've listened to their entire discography and i've heard some of their albums multiple times today. As i type i'm listening to their self titled 1995 album for the second or third time.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore

Be careful with doing this. Really careful.

My parents did the same to me, and I LITERALLY did not talk to anyone outside the family, family friends or school teachers until I was 15 or so. I refused to go ask the employees where the bathroom was because I WAS GONNA GET MOLESTED IF I DID. One time two of our neighbours said hello to me, and I just stared at them and slowly walked away, making sure they were in full sight the whole time, thinking about how they were such massive pedofiles.

I feel really stupid now.

Last edited:

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Be careful with doing this. Really careful.

My parents did the same to me, and I LITERALLY did not talk to anyone outside the family, family friends or school teachers until I was 15 or so. I refused to go ask the employees where the bathroom was because I WAS GONNA GET MOLESTED IF I DID. One time two of our neighbours said hello to me, and I just stared at them and slowly walked away, making sure they were in full sight the whole time, thinking about how they were such massive pedofiles.

I feel really stupid now.
Yeaaaah, I know.

The good thing is she has a personality that natural balances out my 'cautiousness'. She's very outgoing and kind, but she has to test the waters with a person, so to say, before she decides if she's comfortable with them. But if my husband or I introduce a new person as a friend or a person she can trust, she's instantly like two peas in a pod with them. I haven't gone into specific dangers with her, just that some strangers might be out to hurt her and what to do if one of them gets a hold of her. She's pretty levelheaded for a 7 year old.

I gave her the talk about predators and bait, like free candy or puppies. And she knew to run away and scream for help if needed. But then she was concerned that the puppies would be hurt too and that she should call the animal police to get help for the puppies. That gave me some feels.

ZettaBit

Caffeine Addict
I still havent worn my hoodie in public. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't think it would be appropriate attire to wear going in to work... I guess I am just chicken. Bwak!

HereKittyKitty

It's all fun and games...
If I could get away with it, I would totally wear my ears to work. They're the nekomimi kind that twitch and I think they would be so fucking cute, but I would probably get reprimanded for dressing too outlandish and ruining all the study data (I work as a research assistant in a psych lab).
Maybe if I work on Halloween...

Kosdu

I hope to go to the phillipines with my stepmom after job training in the airforce, I may very well try some balut... I'm not sure, for some reason it does not appeal to me despite me having pretty much eaten raw steak. I'm thinking it has something to do with the thing having intestines (or don't they, yet).

Pimigrat, there are two really good things you could do for your daughter:

-Take her outside and run a variety of exercises to help instill in her an awareness of her enviroment. This is foremost, because it's the best defence.
-Get her into a practical art for self defence like aikido or silat, just in case anything ever happens.

Aikido is very gentle so it might be a better choice for a young child so they don't decide to stomp a bullies cojones or neck, but both of them are very practical safe arts based on self defence first and foremost.

No idea what's in finland though.

(I do Indonesian Silat, and did/wouldn't mind doing more of some really good Aikido. Aikido is probably everywhere in europe though it's focus and quality depends as with anything on the class/teacher/etc and filipino silat (Arnis, Escrima, etc) should also be reliable choices.)

Last edited:

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
I hope to go to the phillipines with my stepmom after job training in the airforce, I may very well try some balut... I'm not sure, for some reason it does not appeal to me despite me having pretty much eaten raw steak. I'm thinking it has something to do with the thing having intestines (or don't they, yet).

Pimigrat, there are two really good things you could do for your daughter:

-Take her outside and run a variety of exercising to help instill in her an awareness of her enviroment. This is foremost, because it's the best defence.
-Get her into a practical art for self defence like aikido or silat, just in case anything ever happens.

Aikido is very gentle so it might be a better choice for a young child so they don't decide to stomp a bullies cojones or neck, but both of them are very practical safe arts based on self defence first and foremost.

No idea what's in finland though.

(I do Indonesian Silat, and did/wouldn't mind doing more of some really good Aikido. Aikido is probably everywhere in europe though it's focus and quality depends as with anything on the class/teacher/etc and filipino silat (Arnis, Escrima, etc) should also be reliable choices.)

Thanks for the advice.
I don't intend to indoctrinate her in the habits that have bled over from my time in LE. I mean, she's 7 and we live in a tiny town, less than 5 minutes from school. I don't worry for her that much, I'm just prone to over-preparedness, as Vaerjo put it.
Do I agree that situational awareness is paramount to self defense? Of course I do. But I don't feel the need to hone her into some hypervigilant state at 7 years old. Her attention span is comparable to the dog's. I mean, she's a kid, after all.
I wouldn't mind getting her into some form of self defense training, however, I would only enroll her into that if it's what she wanted. I will not force her to partake because I'm concerned for her safety. As far as bullies go, the Finnish education system takes more immediate steps against it than the American system does, so I genuinely don't worry about her getting bullied. Plus, she's a social butterfly, she gets along with everyone. And I've drilled it into her head to use her words to resolve issues, rather than physical altercation.
Also, as far as I've seen, Finland is a very safe country. It took me a while to get used to some of the practices, because (American) cops do tend to run a little on the 'overcautious/paranoid' side, but since I've acclimated, I don't fuss too much.

My main point in bringing my child up earlier was to state that I have folders containing pertinent information of each family member in the event one of us goes missing/is abducted and/or a body turns up. Worse-case scenario thinking, and I hope I'll never need it. But, if that dark day ever comes, I am prepared.

I do appreciate the suggestions, though. These are things I will probably look into when she's older and if she shows that interest.
Then again, she's always going around saying how she wants to be a police officer like me, so I suppose it's going to happen eventually anyway.
I don't mean to sound like I'm snubbing your ideas, by the way, just trying to clarify a bit, because in retrospect it sounds like I'm overbearing or something and I'm not.

Also, if you go to the Philippines, go out for karaoke. Even if you don't partake, Filipinos are crazy fun people, especially around a karaoke machine. Both of my parents are from the Philippines and I've been there myself once and it was an awesome experience. I intend to go back in a few years and take my family along with me. Beautiful country and wonderful people. But holy balls, warm. xnx

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
There's a difference between "informative parent" and "over protective parent".

So here's a confession.

When I was 5 I had a playmate who was a few years older than me who would end up "doing thing" to me. It was a big small town scandal. He had initiated most of it, so it was presumed that he was being molested at home since kids don't just play around like the way we did. This was an issue since his dead was the boy's coach at this school. They moved very quickly and the rest of the town's focus was pointed on me and my family. Hell, other parent's wouldn't even let their kids play with me.

My parent's moved and responded by being the most overbearing parents in the entire damn universe. I did not go to friend's houses. I did not go to birthday parties. I did not have sleepovers. I did not go and play in the neighborhood until five pm. I stayed at home and my parent's really kept me under tight wraps. Backyard was the ONLY place I was allowed to go under pain of a major ass-whuppin.

So what'd this do? On top of a huge guilt/shame complex it just made me completely resent them and the way they were treating me. They never did bring up what had happened, and a kid's memory is short. So at the time all I knew was that they were being extremely strict for no reason. When in fact what they were trying to do was to keep me from acting out in the ways that had happened to me. Lotsa church too. But no actual therapy or talking about what had really happened and why they didn't trust me at all.

That's the other end of the whole protective parenting. The parent can be protective but there has to be some real honestly in it. Young and old, people can pick up on a bullshit response. And me, I hated that my parents were giving lame excuses for never letting me have friends. Had they been honest to me and themselves about the situation, I probably would've gotten the proper therapy at a time where I could have made some very different life choices.

But I've gotten over it now, which is what matters. I could be resentful, but my parents were young and dumb and from a small town culture where pretending things didn't happen was a perfectly acceptable way of fixing the problem.

Last edited:

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I have a tendency to prefer shorter men. Somewhere around 5'5, my own height. Guy 3 was only 5'5, I never really thought anything of it until he left, and my friends kept calling him a midget. My parents would always go on about how short (and fat) guy 2 was as well.

If I'm with someone who's taller in a noticeable way, I don't like it.

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
There's this guy that lives in the same dorm as me that I find extremely annoying, but I want to be his friend anyway just because he's a furry and he has all the wolf shirts I want.
I still haven't talked with him, my tolerance won't have it.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
There's this guy that lives in the same dorm as me that I find extremely annoying, but I want to be his friend anyway just because he's a furry and he has all the wolf shirts I want.
I still haven't talked with him, my tolerance won't have it.

PPPPFFFFF WHAT.

I've heard being friends with someone you don't like because they were rich, they were hot, you wanted their approval, etc. Just because "he's furry and has cool wolf shirts" is definitely a new one.

Try being friends with him because he's a human being, maybe?

HereKittyKitty

It's all fun and games...
I like taller men, but I always find myself with short guys. Hmmm...

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
I still havent worn my hoodie in public. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't think it would be appropriate attire to wear going in to work... I guess I am just chicken. Bwak!

I guarantee you no one will care, it's even less of a big deal if you don't wear the hood. The hoodie doesn't have a tail, right? I've seen the pictures it's pretty low key so no one is going to say anything.

So stop being such a wimp and get on it :V

I confess that I'm actually not that big of a trekkie.

Next you're going to be telling me that Mr. Sparta's never seen 300 or that Hikaru isn't asian...oh wait

Last edited:

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
Back on IncrediBots I would have different responses for certain sections of text-block posts.

I hated coping and pasting quote tags. So I went into the quote, and wrote in red my responses.

I drove one guy to say it was highly annoying and lazy to write in red.

So when I responded back I purposefully used red instead of quoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.