• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Conservatives In The Fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CetaceanLover23

Hockey Rules!!
Banned
And Caitlyn Jenner is trans.
Milo WAS gay.
Blaire is trans.
etc. etc. etc.

Doesnt change any of what I said.
Here’s my point on that: most in the LGBT spectrum are under the assumption that anyone who is part of the LGBT spectrum is not allowed to be conservative. And if one turns out to be conservative, they are met with almost endless shaming, death threats, and doxxing attempts.

Also, Caitlyn Jenner is not conservative. While I respect her for not being extremely woke (credit where credit is due) and as an individual person, she is not a biological woman and most conservatives (such as myself) do not agree in the idea that one can change their gender simply because they feel a certain way.

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Banned
Here’s my point on that: most in the LGBT spectrum are under the assumption that anyone who is part of the LGBT spectrum is not allowed to be conservative. And if one turns out to be conservative, they are met with almost endless shaming, death threats, and doxxing attempts.

Also, Caitlyn Jenner is not conservative. While I respect her for not being extremely woke (credit where credit is due) and as an individual person, she is not a biological woman and most conservatives (such as myself) do not agree in the idea that one can change their gender simply because they feel a certain way.
Being trans doesnt make Jenner not a conservative.

And uhhh getting a little spicy there with the uh added information about your input of trans identities when no one was even talking about that directly.

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Banned
she is not a biological woman and most conservatives (such as myself) do not agree in the idea that one can change their gender simply because they feel a certain way.
I wonder why some LGBT+ individuals may side eye the heck out of conservatives btw.
The world may never know~

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Banned

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I brought it up because too often I see other conservatives in the fandom be targeted and harassed by those who disagree with them from within the fandom.
But WHY is also another important question (on top of Nexus' reply).

Are they minding their own business and someone suddenly smells it?
Or are they claiming oppression whilst simultaneously oppressing others? Because that's usually what I'VE seen.

It's one thing to write a topic about in the forums here (where politics isn't allowed) because it's easier to notice. It's another thing to actively search for artwork on the main site just to get mad at a user for finding out their political alignment posted somewhere on their profile. If the user wants to open a discussion journal on a controversial subject they can't manage, or mentally handle, then they either need to block people or disable comments in their journal. Report those that cross the line. Because at the end of the day, COC states:
If a particular type of content does not appeal to you, then do not seek it out to make disparaging comments. Users with a pattern of this behavior may be cited for harassment.
And I love it. But most people don't seem to realize it goes both ways, and both sides will complain and send threats of their own to the mods when they don't get their way. Walking into a knife doesn't make you a victim. It means you're clumsy and you need to learn from your mistake, or you're doing it on purpose.

...And most people that start threads similar to this aren't actually looking to see what's on the other side, but just to puff their own reasons as to why they're rooted in their political stance. More often than not, they will be taking jabs and harassing people who are showing respect. <-- just finished writing this as you posted.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
This thread needs a touch of adorable…

2A750394-BD10-4DA8-BDD8-6ADCCA8234F0.png

KimberVaile

Self congratulatory title goes here

To be fair to both sides, I think it's the political extremists that are what you are complaining about. Which I agree, btw, political extremists can often be pretty unpleasant people. There's always going to be a vocal minority, and with the fandom being more left leaning, you are statistically more likely to run into a left leaning user who is more dogmatic than a conservative dogmatic user.

Come on man, even if you feel that way, it's a pretty uncouth thing to announce in a forum environment with so many trans users.

Last edited:

Ennui Elemental

Eat shit and die, tankie assholes
Banned
That comes after. Beer before liquor, get sicker quicker. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear.

Right, let me try something

What does a trans person's choices made with their own bodily autonomy and self-determination have to do with you @CetaceanLover23

This is not a veiled jab - this is an earnest question, if a bit rhetorical. If someone else does something with their body, their identity, how does this affect you

Last edited:

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.