• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Console modders/homebrewers?

hi hello i'm a game-digging enthusiast! i've got a 3dsxl that's hacked, but not hardmodded (planning on eventually upgrading to a new 2ds xl) and once i finally get a memory card, i'm modding the CRAP out of the ps vita i bought a while ago for the express purpose of experiencing the first two god eaters.
you just in it for the rom hacks/game mods or do you also do some occasional game dumps?

Benji Digipawz

I have a softmodded Wii with Homebrew Channel Installed. Plays ISO game files and roms/ rom hacks on USB flashdrive.
Also have Sony PS2 with Swap Magic disc cover installed along with Swap Magic 3.6 discs. I do plan on in the future mod my nintendo if it's compatible, I do wanna play emulators and mod my switch. Also plan on getting the Xeno GC modchip for my Nintendo Gamecube in the future as well as finding something like a mod chip or softmodding my phat PS3 to play homebrews.

anonfoxer

trans girl, arctic fox, dingus.
hi hello i'm a game-digging enthusiast! i've got a 3dsxl that's hacked, but not hardmodded (planning on eventually upgrading to a new 2ds xl) and once i finally get a memory card, i'm modding the CRAP out of the ps vita i bought a while ago for the express purpose of experiencing the first two god eaters.
you just in it for the rom hacks/game mods or do you also do some occasional game dumps?
Currently planning to do game dumps but I got into it originally for public modding on Call of Duty. I apologize for any possible BO2 lobbies you were in that were ruined lmfao
Whats the modding scene for the vita like? is it worth getting one used?

anonfoxer

I have a softmodded Wii with Homebrew Channel Installed. Plays ISO game files and roms/ rom hacks on USB flashdrive.
Also have Sony PS2 with Swap Magic disc cover installed along with Swap Magic 3.6 discs. I do plan on in the future mod my nintendo if it's compatible, I do wanna play emulators and mod my switch. Also plan on getting the Xeno GC modchip for my Nintendo Gamecube in the future as well as finding something like a mod chip or softmodding my phat PS3 to play homebrews.
Ayyy hell ye. I need to mod my Wii but im torn between modding it, or gutting it and turning it into a sleeper.

I need to work more on my PS2 i havent given it any love lol. And I should find an old gamecube and mod it, or at the very least play childhood games I never was able to finish

As far as mod chips are concerned, an E3 Flasher for the PS3 is all you can get and its way more complicated than a softmod. I kinda regret using one and wish I just softmodded it. Same functionality as far as I use and 90% less hassle. Just do a Backup with CFW and get to it :p

Stratelier

I'm not really into console modding, especially being raised on PC games in the (pre-standardized) late 80s-early 90s era where the hardware was evolving so fast it was a nightmare to keep up with.

Modding has crossed my mind on a few occasions (with platforms I'm not actively using currently, like the Wii) but that is all.

anonfoxer

I'm not really into console modding, especially being raised on PC games in the (pre-standardized) late 80s-early 90s era where the hardware was evolving so fast it was a nightmare to keep up with.

Modding has crossed my mind on a few occasions (with platforms I'm not actively using currently, like the Wii) but that is all.
Id say do it! The Wii is a fun lil thing to make into a project box and its power efficient!

Ive said earlier in this thread im torn between modding my Wii or gutting it and turning it into a micro PC :p

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
I softmodded my Wii once because some of the Smash Brothers Brawl mods were really fun. Otherwise, no. I suppose that sort of counts but most of my interest in console modding is mainly to just enjoy what the PC has by default. Modding.