• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Constructive critique requested!

Nixonia

Hi! I'm irritating!
WARNING: SAD

Hey all. Need some critique on my latest upload. I don't upload hardly anything, hardly ever. But I might start to now.

If you could read it, warning it is sad (due to my current mood), and tell me what you liked/didn't like, I would be most appreciative.

www.furaffinity.net: When you can only watch... by Nixonia

~Nix

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
From a purely analytical standpoint: you seems to not have a steady meter to your lines. The closest I could find were a few stanzas with two couplets in 10/10/8/8. Even in those, though, if you were going for a steady rhyme scheme, you didn't follow through in all places. There's a solid base here, but I'd recommend going over it again. I could offer some help, but it's been three years since I've taken a poetry course or written any, so sorry if some of this critique uses incorrect terminology.

All that being said, you do a good job of conveying the emotion you're feeling and making the reader understand the situation.

Nixonia

Hi! I'm irritating!
Thank you for the feedback. I may go over it again when my thoughts are less......disjointed in and of themselves. I appreciate it!

Nixonia

Hi! I'm irritating!
Alright. Now that my head is slightly less of a jumble. I have corrected it into, what I think feels like, its final form.