• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Content Filter Broken

DanceBerry

Hello, and it seemed the content filter is broken and it has replicated by logging me in and out multiple times. I am over the age of 18 and it appeared I found a bug in the account settings.

maxgoof

This is duplicated by me. I have a preview of a mature piece of artwork, yet cannot view the actual image, because of my settings. That preview should not have shown up.

quoting_mungo

This is duplicated by me. I have a preview of a mature piece of artwork, yet cannot view the actual image, because of my settings. That preview should not have shown up.
This IIRC can happen if the submission is posted as General and then edited to be rerated as Mature, because the inbox is generated based on what your account settings and the submission's rating are at the time the image is posted, and not recalculated when submission ratings change. For the same reason, I believe only General submissions will generate inbox entries while your account settings are set to General only.

I could be misremembering this, so grain of salt, but I think this was something I encountered when I was on staff and that this was the general gist of the explanation of the behavior that I was given.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
This IIRC can happen if the submission is posted as General and then edited to be rerated as Mature, because the inbox is generated based on what your account settings and the submission's rating are at the time the image is posted, and not recalculated when submission ratings change. For the same reason, I believe only General submissions will generate inbox entries while your account settings are set to General only.

I could be misremembering this, so grain of salt, but I think this was something I encountered when I was on staff and that this was the general gist of the explanation of the behavior that I was given.
This sounds accurate.

I once posted a mature submission and accidentally marked it as general.
I fixed it within 1 minute of posting, but I was getting angry messages about it from people who watch me for the rest of the day.