• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Controversial Game Opinions Time!

B

BlueWorrior

:mad: TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! - HERE BE OPINIONS!!! :mad:
Time to talk about games, controversial opinions and all the flame that comes with it! here we go!
I do not like Ratchet & Clank 2.
I've played through most of it (up to the final boss) recently and I gotta say, it's by far the weakest entry in the original trilogy.
It had a large case of lazy sequel syndrome to me. Yes, they did iron out the controls and gave you the ability to strafe, witch was a great improvement over the first. but pretty much everything else about the game is rather disappointing.
The various mini-games and space-ship sequences were not fun, they were just tedious and at times rather frustrating. Why did there have to be two hacking mini-games? was that necessary? and why do they both suck?
The level design was rather uninspired. all the planets were pretty boring and uninteresting visually and I barely remember any of the locations. the first game's planets in comparison were all very distinctive, all with a definable mood and colour. There was a lot of planets in R&C2 that were very similar and none really stood out in any way.
There was a lot of grinding in R&C2 witch surprised me. There were times where you had to collect a bunch of rock muguffins to continue the story. It wasn't very fun wandering around a large open field like an arse, finding rocks and felt like a blatant attempt at padding out the runtime to me.
One of the biggest disappointments though are the terrible boss fights. Only a handful in the game, all awful. Granted, the first game didn't have great bosses either, but this was something the second game could have improved on. A huge missed opportunity.
The writing is marginally better though, if not a little too keen to break the 4th wall and not all the jokes hit off well. To be fair though, this is something that the first game did lack in. At least in R&C2 ratchet and clank as characters were a little more likeable than they were in the first game.
But overall R&C2 left me rather disappointed. R&C3 however pretty much addressed all the problems I had with this game, so props to Insomniac to learning on their mistakes. I know that the original R&C trilogy is a beloved series of games for many, but the second game was arse.

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
GTA 5 is horribly boring, and it had a garbage "rock" radio, unlike their previous games.

Oh, and I don't like Red Dead Redemption. No particular reason for that one, it just doesn't appeal to me.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Sonic unleashed just isn't that fun.

Also super Mario Galaxy 2 is a poor excuse of a sequel with a shitty final boss. And I actually kinda liked sonic Boom shattered crystal.

tucakeane

GTA 5 is horribly boring, and it had a garbage "rock" radio, unlike their previous games.

Oh, and I don't like Red Dead Redemption. No particular reason for that one, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Can't really agree on it being "boring" but it is sorta dull after the missions are over. That's how GTA's always been. Well, except for cheat-heavy ones like San Andreas. And the stations were lame.

Will agree on Red Dead though. It's just.....eh. Big freakin' deal. It's pretty.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Controversial opinions on games?

Fuck Call of Duty. Same shit over and over just with a fucking reskin.

B

BlueWorrior

C'mon guys! I agree with all of these so far!
these aren't nearly decisive enough! :V
Gimmie something REALLY controversial!!

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Mmkay. Tf2 is slightly better than overwatch, but overwatch is still good.
I play Pokemon go everyday.
Undertale isn't shit.

KitSly

Single and lonely
I actually like Gone Home. I know it was short and a "walking simulator" but the story gets you right in the feels.

I also think Killzone 3 is pretty good.

Killzone Shadow Fall was ass!

tucakeane

Not sure I can add much more, haven't really paid any attention to video games since the early 2000s, and that was all N64 and PS2. Late 2000s were Guitar Hero and Call of Duty (which I never really got into), and from then on out I've only played the new GTA games.

Uhh, N64>PS1?

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Not sure I can add much more, haven't really paid any attention to video games since the early 2000s, and that was all N64 and PS2. Late 2000s were Guitar Hero and Call of Duty (which I never really got into), and from then on out I've only played the new GTA games.

Uhh, N64>PS1?
Nuh dude. N64 had a TON of TRULY good games. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Super Mario 64. StarFox, to name a few.

But then again you also have shit like Time Crisis, Final Fantasy games, Crash Derby, Dino Crisis, etc on Playstation.

A hard choice, but personally I'd say the Nintendo 64 is slightly better in terms of library and just sheer fun. :p

Gimmie something REALLY controversial!!
FINE! I'll give you a controversial view. :p

Fuck World of Warcraft. Made so easy and is so casual you can train a fucking monkey to play it better than 80% of the playerbase.

um_pineapplez

Mage of Void, dammit.
Nuh dude. N64 had a TON of TRULY good games. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Super Mario 64. StarFox, to name a few.

But then again you also have shit like Time Crisis, Final Fantasy games, Crash Derby, Dino Crisis, etc on Playstation.

A hard choice, but personally I'd say the Nintendo 64 is slightly better in terms of library and just sheer fun. :p

Fuck World of Warcraft. Made so easy and is so casual you can train a fucking monkey to play it better than 80% of the playerbase.
Speaking of PlayStation, ff7 was not the best ps1 final fantasy. That would be ff9

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Speaking of PlayStation, ff7 was not the best ps1 final fantasy. That would be ff9
You shitting me? I AM TRIGGERED!

Nah mate. FF9 was a good game too. Personally though I prefer FF VII, FF VIII, then FF IX, in that order.

Been playing a bit of Final Fantasy XIV too. And OH GOD is it gorgeous on max graphics settings. And the character creation customization. I literally spent at least 3 hours in it.

Hey, if you're to make a character you might as well make him/her look perfect, you know. :p

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
That's not really controversial, is it? I remember Call of Duty getting shat on for that as far back as MW3.

I guess my opinion would be that modern Nintendo sucks ass.
Haha. Not that controversial, true.

Nah, fuck modern Nintendo. Same recycled garbage over and over. What are we on now? Mario Kart 15? Mario Party 10000?

They are a dying race, Nintendo. Not made anything new in like 5 years minimum.

B

BlueWorrior

I actually agree with that. WoW is just a huge pointless time-sink with no real fun or excitement to be had.
Not to mention i just hate grinding in general :p

Whiskered

Final Fantasy 7 is not that good as everyone makes it !
There bite me.

Also Ace Combat games ( except assault horizon) are quite underrated.

spaceybrains

The Last of Us was really boring. The introduction was really interesting, but everything after that wasn't all that captivating.
Undertale gets far too much praise. Even though I love the game a lot and it helped me to cope with my depression during fall 2015/ early 2016, I think the hype for it got way out of control.

B

BlueWorrior

Undertale gets far too much praise. Even though I love the game a lot and it helped me to cope with my depression during fall 2015/ early 2016, I think the hype for it got way out of control.
I think when people find a game they love, people can take the enthusiasm a little too far. Undertale was an utterly fantastic game, but I do feel like as if people make it out to be the game equivalent of Jesus Christ, witch is just too much. I can imagine people hearing about this game and seeing the absolute rabid hype around it and get slight turned of by it :p
This happened to my older brother. He hasn't played it yet and I imagine it's the overly-zealous praise of it was to blame :L

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
Final Fantasy 7 is not that good as everyone makes it !
There bite me.

Also Ace Combat games ( except assault horizon) are quite underrated.
What's this? FF7 is not as good? HERESY!

Nah, you said "not as good", meaning it's still a good game. :3

Whiskered

What's this? FF7 is not as good? HERESY!

Nah, you said "not as good", meaning it's still a good game. :3
At best it's okay to me.

I know FF8 is not great either but I like it. It's style and junction system. Which most players hate. I personally found it re-freshening but grindy. Also triple triad <3

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
At best it's okay to me.

I know FF8 is not great either but I like it. It's style and junction system. Which most players hate. I personally found it re-freshening but grindy. Also triple triad <3
Hehe. Each to their own, mate.

Doesn't seem to be much if any controversial views on games here..

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
All the halo games after 3 are garbage. Battleborn has more substance than Overwatch currently and deserves more attention, honestly. On the topic of Gearbox games I hated Borderlands 2. On the topic of square-enix, Final Fantasy 7 is overrated, Final Fantasy 10 all day.