• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Convention Questions / Vancoufur

Quaestor

Hi!

I'm still pretty new to this community and I've never done any furry convention before (and not really many conventions in general).
I don't know anyone in this community, and am still a little nervous reaching out, so I was wondering...
Has anyone here done Vancoufur? I was thinking of trying out the next one as it's the closest to me.

What can I do to make a convention more enjoyable? What are ways to make friends within the community at a convention? Do I need to wear or bring anything specific to conventions?
I'm very new to all of this so any advice is appreciated, thanks :)

Trevorbluesquirrel

Never been 2 Vancoufur, but Fur Eh, yes!

Here's some helpful threads:

What can I do to make a convention more enjoyable?

PLAN AHEAD! Make sure U plan what events U wanna do, and make a schedule of times they start! Also plan meals around the events!

Don't pack heavy, leave space in your luggage 4 all the con merch you'll be draggin' home! ; )

Have your camera charged and ready 2 snap pics galore!

Don't lose your con badge or room card! ; )

What are ways to make friends within the community at a convention?

Go 2 a furmeet b4 the con if possible, and meet other furs there!

Talk 2 other local furs online, and meet them when U get there!

If they have a ''1st FURRY CON'' type panel or event, go there!

Join some board and video gaming in the games room!

Do I need to wear or bring anything specific to conventions?

Wear comfy clothes and shoes, you'll be walking and sitting a lot!

Have a swimsuit if there's a pool, something dressy if U wanna visit the bar, a sweater or coat if the AC is cranked, etc!

Don't forget 2 bring everything you'll need while you're gone, medication, bathroom, grooming, and sleep items, snacks, so U don't have 2 make a trip 2 a grocer, pharmacy, etc!

Carry a bag 2 fill with all the freebie stuff you'll pass by, and whatever crud U get!