• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cooking Thread

Xenke

I know some of you FAFers like to cook. I. Know.

So lets talk about what we are cooking, and what we would like to cook.

Tonight, I made a WRAP. It was delicious. I got me a nice big tortilla, put in a little pepper jack cheese, then I chopped up some chicken I cooked and threw that in there, added some ranch, layered with lettuce, YUM. I can't actually believe I made that, mostly because I usually fail at cooking any sort of meat.

So what are you cooking FAF? Take a picture if you can. :3

(Note: Please only link decent picture, we don't want to throw up our food looking at your food. >:C)

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time
I can make Weed Brownies :V

Isen

Oh dear
I really want to learn how to cook before next semester starts. I'm lucky that I'm not picky, because half the time my lunch is just something bland like tuna, celery, and nuts.

Xenke

I can cook cup noodles.
I can cook microwave popcorn :V

Y'all r dum.

I really want to learn how to cook before next semester starts. I'm lucky that I'm not picky, because half the time my lunch is just something bland like tuna, celery, and nuts.

Have at it! Cooking is fun, especially if you can con someone else into cleaning. :3

Oven is disconnected right now

That it depressing. :C

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Red Lobster biscuit recipe:

2 cups of sifted bisquick mix
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 table spoon parsley
1 /2 tablespoon garlic salt
1/3 cup of butter (melted)

Preheat oven to 425

Allow biscuits to sit out in the bowl once mixed for about 30 mins- it lets them puff up and get airy.

Use fork to scoop out a half palm sized amount of dough then place onto light greased pan.

Bake at 425 for about 12 mins until they start to get golden brown.

Melt about 1/4 cup of butter, add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt (optional as I love garlic) and brush over biscuits fresh out of the oven- serve hot and fresh.

YOU FURRIES OWE ME. That's what I am cooking tonight. STAY TUNED FOR MORE RECIPES! Also note if this thread becomes productive I may sticky because this actually seems helpful.

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
I made polenta the other night, with asparagus and red potatos c:

Tonight I made *gasp* Pasta!

I'd take a picture, but I'm too poor to own a camera.

Weed Ice Cream

/I am fucking flawless

EDIT- No, I will not tell you how to make it, it probably breaches the AUP or whatever.

Radiohead

Apply directly to forehead.
I love baking sweets more than anything, but I'm decent at cooking seafood and rice (in a rice cooker, of course). The only thing I always fail at is cooking eggs.

Azure

How hard could it be? õ_Ô

I think I would just kill myself.
It requires more control than the average at home cook can muster. Plus, all those recipes that just shove it in there with the butter? So unintuitive...

EDIT- Cooking with terpenes requires skill and a steady hand. Don't waste your money! Leave it to the professionals :V

Xenke

I would love some simple recipes for preparing various chicken and fish dishes, if anyone cares to toss some my way. :3

Chicken Parm is pretty easy, as long as you can bread and fry chicken (which in itself is pretty easy once you know what to do).

Fiesta_Jack

Calix Meus Inebrians
Made a simple vegetarian pasta for dinner. Was fucking delicious.

Big ass tomatoes boiled down and diced, a bit of green bell pepper, half an onion, fresh basil, fresh parsley, black pepper, garlic cloves, a bit of sugar, and olive oil. Stew it all together and throw that over some angel hair pasta. It's the consistency of salsa, over your noodles, but it tastes fucking godly. Only cost like $3 to feed 3 of us, too.

Xenke

Big ass tomatoes boiled down and diced, a bit of green bell pepper, half an onion, fresh basil, fresh parsley, black pepper, garlic cloves, a bit of sugar, and olive oil. Stew it all together and throw that over some angel hair pasta. It's the consistency of salsa, over your noodles, but it tastes fucking godly. Only cost like $3 to feed 3 of us, too.

As someone who loathes both tomatoes and basil, that sounds delicious.

Radiohead

Apply directly to forehead.
I made bowtie pasta with crab meat and butter. I'm starting to think I should have made ravioli instead and stuffed it with crab meat and cheese then put melted butter or white sauce over it.

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
I can make a mean Spaghetti Carbonara but since I operate on the most noble and ancient art of, 'winging it'. I don't have a recipe. I'll try to brak it down though.

What you need for one person:

Spaghetti (preferably Trader Joe's)
Onions
Garlic
A little butter.
Smelly French Cheese (preferably Chevre).

What you do:
1.) Boil water
2.) While water is boiling crack open eggs in bowl.
3.) Whisk.
4.) Add in Smelly French Cheese and garlic to eggs in bowel.
5.) Whisk more.
6.) Get frying pan and place on stove.
7.) Put in pasta once water is at a boil.
8.) Immediately turn on heat under frying pan after pasta, add just enough butter to coat the frying pan with as the butter melts.
9.) Grill onions in frying pan, being sure to flip them over every once in a while.
10. ) Once the pasta is done, tou have to be fast. Put it in your bowl immediately, add the egg mix to the frying pan, and then cook for NO MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS. The idea is to lightly kiss the eggs with heat without them solidifying all that much.
11.) Add egg mixture to pasta. If you've done it right the heat from the pasta will cook the egg sauce you've made slightly more so you get something semi-runny.
12) OMNOMNOM.

Azure

Pasta Caprese is also really delicious, and totally vegan if you leave out the mozzarella. I'm not that crazy though :V

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2-4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (see note above)
1 small garlic clove , minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1/2 teaspoon)
1 small shallot , minced fine (about 2 tablespoons)
1 1/2pounds ripe tomatoes , cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
12ounces fresh mozzarella cheese , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1pound penne pasta or other short tubular or curly pasta such as fusilli or campanelle
1/4cup chopped fresh basil
1teaspoon sugar

1. Whisk oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, garlic, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl. Add tomatoes and gently toss to combine; set aside. Do not marinate tomatoes for longer than 45 minutes.
2. While tomatoes are marinating, place mozzarella on plate and freeze until slightly firm, about 10 minutes. Bring 4 quarts water to rolling boil in stockpot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta, stir to separate, and cook until al dente. Drain well.

3. Add pasta and mozzarella to tomato mixture and toss to combine. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in basil; adjust seasonings with salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice or sugar, if desired, and serve immediately.

dem leftovers, also, idiot proof cooking

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
Term's Chicken with the Gunk (from last night).

1 Package Perdue Chicken breasts
3 slices cooked Virginia Ham, shredded
1 Can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup White Wine
6-8 Slices Swiss cheese
Pepperidge Farm Cornbread stuffing
1/2 stick butter, melted

Place Chicken evenly inside of Pyrex cooking pan. Cover chicken in layer of Swiss cheese.

In small saucepan, combine can of soup and white wine. Stir occasionally to heat up. When simmering, turn off heat and pour over chicken. Add shredded ham and sprinkle stuffing on to make a crust. Drizzle melted butter on top of stuffing.

Place pan in oven at 350F for one hour.

Serve on bed of white rice and a side of seasonal vegetables.

Serves four.

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Pretty much anything on a Chinese fast food menu I could make for you if I had the ingredients on hand.

But right now I'm nomming on a delicious scrambled egg :)
If you teach me how to make sumai, crab rangoon, or bubble tea I will be your bitch. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Last edited:
I can cook pretty much anything, but I fail epically at pancakes. They always come out burnt, misshapen, or undercooked and gooey.
Steak and grilling is my specialty though, omnomnomnom delicious juicy steaks. Usually I season my steaks with lemon pepper, cajun seasoning, and teriyaki sauce, and mild green Tabasco.

If you teach me how to make sumai, crab rangoon, or bubble tea I will be your bitch. Just thought I put that out there.

I would also be your bitch.

paul abner

Banned
Banned
This one thread is really good one and the recipe's share here are also the tasty one looking....
I think that this is the best one thread from where any one can get much better health and have the
good one cooking in his kitchen..... If some one share some kind of the salad recipe here....???
Thanks in advance.....