• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cooking Thread

Khador

The Green Tiger
Currently Just cooked a nice stir fry :3

Requires: two medium pork loin cuts, green onions, chestnut mushroom, Broccoli, Spinach and jasmine rice for the body. Then the spices, Turmeric, pink Himalayan rock salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, Chinese 5 spice, the zest and juice of an orange and sesame seed oil.

Mousequest

I prefer baking than cooking, but I'm a cooking student at the moment at a local trade school, so I think I'll be in around here a lot!

At school, I recently made bacon-wrapped maple chicken breasts. Never actually got a chance to eat them, but they were a hit in the dining room, so I'm assuming it was good!

At home, I also cooked (and ate!) with pumpkin for the first time, I made pumpkin cupcakes, which were really good! I didn't put any icing on them, because I didn't think they really needed it. Felt more like a muffin than a cupcake to me, but I'm sure they'd be good with cream cheese icing too~

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
I'm a complete amateur at cooking, only moving off '2 minutes in the microwave' about a year ago. But I've tried my hand at a number of things, including calzone and my own meatballs. Not half bad either, to blow my own trumpet.

Cuukie

Brings the PUNishment
Eggs every day! so hard to mess up, somewhat variety, healthy, and only takes a few minutes from start to finish. *also cheap

Tao

Hare Boi
Yay! One of my pastry recipes is in a living magazine coming out this fall. Delicous delicious almond cinnamon sugar pastries.

Foxtrot Apocalyptia

Life's what you make of it
I love cooking. Baking too, but cookings more useful for woowing the friends in my reckoning. Looking forwards to trying some grilled salmon with crispy cinnamon skin in an olive and pepper sauce with a side of fried rice. Hoping to make it next time I go visit a fluffy husky friend cause its a bit too much food for just one. (Plus cooking for yourself is never as much fun.)

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
Easy Paleo fudge:

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup high quality cocoa powder
1/2 cup smooth almond butter
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Method:

Melt coconut oil. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Pour into paper-lined muffin tin cups or silicon muffin cups and fill half-inch full. Makes 10. Chill for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes. When firm, remove. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. These are great, I make them all the time! The family and I prefer them frozen.

Tao

Hare Boi
Mmm... I had a big pumpkin laying around so I thought I'd use it for something.

I scooped out all the seeds and roasted them in the oven with butter and Lawry's Seasoning Salt and they were delicious.

Then I took the pumpkin itself and skinned it and cut it into chunks. I put the chunks in a stock pot and covered them with water. I put in some ground cloves, ground cinnamon, orange zest, and sugar. I boiled it until the pumpkin was cooked and the liquid was soaked into the pumpkin. Then I strained the chunks out and boiled the liquid down to a syrup over several hours. I then poured the syrup on the pumpkin pieces and let it cool. Candied pumpkin chunks! :D

Fezdani

Mmm... I had a big pumpkin laying around so I thought I'd use it for something.

I scooped out all the seeds and roasted them in the oven with butter and Lawry's Seasoning Salt and they were delicious.

Then I took the pumpkin itself and skinned it and cut it into chunks. I put the chunks in a stock pot and covered them with water. I put in some ground cloves, ground cinnamon, orange zest, and sugar. I boiled it until the pumpkin was cooked and the liquid was soaked into the pumpkin. Then I strained the chunks out and boiled the liquid down to a syrup over several hours. I then poured the syrup on the pumpkin pieces and let it cool. Candied pumpkin chunks! :D

Did you eat the seeds whole or shelled afterwards? I had pumpkin seeds too, I boiled them in salt water for 10 minutes before I roasted them. They came out so crispy and easy to eat, no need to shell. Had a batch that didn't get boiled in the salt water, had to shell them to eat them. The outer shells were too tough. Boiling made a massive difference! It was surprising actually.

How did the candied pumpkin chunks come out? I pureed my pumpkin after roasting the chunks and added stuff and made pumpkin pies. ^.^

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
I made a pumpkin seed snack in the oven once and they came out horribly. Perhaps the recipe was a lemon but I haven't done anything like that since :( Should I though?

Zenolith

One man wolf pack
I work at BWW so I made a ton of chicken last night, messed up a few orders so got to take home some of the Garlic Parm, the best sauce!

Tao

Hare Boi
Did you eat the seeds whole or shelled afterwards? I had pumpkin seeds too, I boiled them in salt water for 10 minutes before I roasted them. They came out so crispy and easy to eat, no need to shell. Had a batch that didn't get boiled in the salt water, had to shell them to eat them. The outer shells were too tough. Boiling made a massive difference! It was surprising actually.

How did the candied pumpkin chunks come out? I pureed my pumpkin after roasting the chunks and added stuff and made pumpkin pies. ^.^

I ate 'em whole, the only way to eat them! I didn't boil mine, I mixed them with butter and baked them and the shells come out soft that way.

The chunks came out pretty good! Soft punkin chunks covered with that sweet syrup.

Today I made an angel food cake with Italian meringue and some almond macaroons because I was bored.

Aettious

I love cooking, I made my first spaghetti and meat balls not to long ago and it couldn't have turned out better :')
when it comes to what I like to cook I'd have to say everything!!! its just so satisfying to see something you made turn out so good.

Milo

I bought a hot plate, even though I could get kicked out of this place for having one.

I miss cooking though

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
I just made marihuana milk

milk + butter + weed

Boiled the milk and the butter with the weed, mixed it for 10 minutes, then got raid of the weed (thc already got into the butter, milk fat), added chocolate.

It worked, very fucking well

Last edited:

Mullerornis

I can prepare chestnuts and eggs decency. I once knew how to make wonderous pasta, but that skill has been deleted from my brain.

lunarscape

I made a taco bake last night :D

I layered tortilla wraps, ground beef, kidney beans, yellow peppers, diced tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and mozzarella cheese 4 layers deep and baked it in the oven for 45 minutes, then broiled for another few minutes to get the top crunchy.

It was soo good, and probably absolutely caloricaly terrible :p

Nashida

She do a blep
I made this for Thanksgiving and intend to make it again for Christmas, it came out so good.

You will need:
-2 cans of yams
-a bag of mini marshmallows
-real maple syrup (leave Aunt Jemima for the pancakes, k?)
-oven safe bakeware (I used Corningware in a 9"x9"x2" deep pan

1) Open your yam cans part of the way and press the lid in, and drain the syrup over the sink (you don't want runny yams). Once drained remove the lids all the way and put the yams into your container.
2) Drizzle the maple syrup over the yams, and try to make sure you coat all of the pieces.
3)Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Once finished, completely cover the yams in mini marshmallows so that you can't see any of the yams.
4) Place the whole thing in the oven at 325 just long enough to brown the marshmallows.