• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cooking Thread

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
"the sugar overdose"
you need:
cerial (preferably cookiecrisps)
canned sweet milk (now sure how to say it in english)
milk
mini marshmellows
a bored student

step1- get a large bowl
step2- cram everything together at once and stur with a witches spoon
step3- call an ambulance

Nashida

She do a blep
^Step 4: get tested for Type 2 diabeetus.

Forgot another simple pasta recipe. It's just the sauce, anyway. The best way to make sauce (I think)
-2 large cans tomato sauce (unseasoned, like Contadina)
-1 small can of tomato puree
-onion powder
-garlic powder
-basil
-oregano
-bayleaves
-black pepper
-meat of choice, if desired (I use ground beef)

1)Brown your meat in a large skillet or saucepan (feel free to skip this step if you're not using meat) on medium to high heat
2) Open your cans of tomato sauce and puree, pour into the pan (which should be turned down to low)
3) Add the seasonings on top of the sauce but do not stir them in. Put the lid on the pan and let it simmer. Give it a stir when you're ready to start boiling your pasta.

The simmering brings out the flavor in the sauce better as the seasonings sink a bit. It's also worth noting that if you come across bayleaves while eating, pick them out. The flavor is good but the bayleaves themselves aren't.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
"the sugar overdose"
you need:
cerial (preferably cookiecrisps)
canned sweet milk (now sure how to say it in english)
milk
mini marshmellows
a bored student

step1- get a large bowl
step2- cram everything together at once and stur with a witches spoon
step3- call an ambulance

Sweetened condensed milk?

That sounds genuinely disgusting, tbh.

SL1PSH0D

Cheese Danish
I made some cheese raviolis last night that were pretty tasty. Though, I cheated and used bottled tomato sauce....

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Sweetened condensed milk?

That sounds genuinely disgusting, tbh.
BELIEVE ME, its the best shiz you can eat if you're bored. its like melted white chocolate but with seizure risk when used in large doses, and used in bakerys alot,

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
you also get a reputation if you chug down a whole can at once

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night
I made perfect bacon and perfect grilled cheese with bacon on it the other day. I also cooked some burgers.
But I'm female; I'm supposed to be in the kitchen, right? :V

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Something you can do with a can of sweetened condensed milk that isn't gross: turn it into dulce de leche. All it takes is submerging a sealed can on its side in a pot of water and boiling for two hours.

Just be sure to top off the pot with more water so it stays below the water line. Or it might explode.

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Just saying bud..there's so much sugar in that stuff it's probably not the best idea to be doing that. That's like me drinking a full container of liquid coffee creamer.

"Just because you can...doesn't mean you should."
that's still no excuse for being an a-hole, but i forgive and forget, bud

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Now THAT I've done. That's tasty. Heck, a quick Google search turns up tons of yummy ideas.
yeah i have tons of them at home, not for drinking raw of course. i use it for cakes, cupcakes and cerial

Tao

Hare Boi
7avZjHa.jpg

Pavlova! I made.

SL1PSH0D

Cheese Danish
I'm thawing some steaks right now. I can't wait to tear into those babies~

Probably whip up some mashed taters and... ehh.. broccoli? Just a little something for lunch. :3

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
I would make steak bernaise, with green beans almondene, and a twice bake potatoe with chedar cheese and bacon. or instead of the baker maybe steak fries?
I cooked at a supper club in college so yea I know how to make this stuff from scratch. I traded cleaning the floors each day before we opened and after we closed for a meal. I survived the lean years!

Fawna

Cervid with a Smile
Add walnut pieces to your brownie mix before you bake them! They're incredible together! :)

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
This coffee recipe doesn't actually have a name, I just made it for fun one morning.

2 Tablespoons of ground coffee beans
2 cups of water (you'll want a tall/large cup for this)
1 teaspoon of Nutella
3 teaspoons of hazelnut creamer
Whip topping -optional

After you've made your coffee add your nutella AND THEN the creamer. You want the coffee to be hot enough to melt all the chocolate quickly and creamer only ends up cooling it a bit so that part is important. This recipe didn't call for sugar because the nutella is already sweet enough. Enjoy.

Tao

Hare Boi
I was making chocolate lava cakes and had 12 egg whites leftover... so I made another pavlova! This one was huge, like the size of my head.

I also made some rye bread and have got some garlic cheddar dijon mustard breadsticks in the oven right now.

http://i.imgur.com/OoE9axa.jpg Rye bread!

taras hyena

Badass Seal of Approval
WHO HERE LIKES COOKIES?

Who here likes GUILT FREE COOKIES?

Ya'll motherfuckers in for a treat. This here is a recipe I've been putting together for some time. X-post from my FA journals.

Alright, so here's the best fucking thing I ever made.

2 scoops whey protein (Vanilla or Banana Flavored)
4 tbsp (28g) coconut flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup splenda brown sugar blend (basically 12 servings)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1tsp cinnamon
pinch nutmeg and cloves (ground into a powder)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 egg whites
1 tbsp melted low calorie butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 mashed ripe banana
6 tbsp natural peanut butter

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately (you can use a food processor to get the oats nice and chopped down)
-Start mixing the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix well (I use an electric mixer for this)
-Separate them evenly into 18 pieces on a baking sheet sprayed down lightly with pam
-Bake for 7-10 minutes

Each cookie (out of 18 total) should contain about the following:
101 calories 3.5g fat 10g carbohydrates 6g protein 1.5g fiber 3.5g sugars

I'll have to run the numbers again, since I substituted the raisins I had before with a banana. But I would /not/ try it with raisins. Banana is superior in every way. Banana master race.

Tao

Hare Boi
Mmmm... my bread twists turned out great. Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and cheddar cheese in the dough and brushed with garlic butter on the outside.

taras hyena

Badass Seal of Approval
Protein french toast. Is it possible? You bet it is.

What you need:
Mixing Bowl
Whisk/Mixer
Kitchen Scale (recommended)

Ingredients:
2 Slices Whole Grain Bread
1 Egg (whole)
1 Egg White
1/2 cup milk
1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1 scoop of whey protein powder/concentrate/isolate (Vanilla is highly encouraged)
1/2 banana
strawberry preserves (sugar free/sweetened with splenda or stevia)
Cooking Spray

1) Mix the whole egg, egg whites, 1/2 cup milk, protein powder, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Beat well until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
2) Place each slice of bread in this before frying it in a pan sprayed lightly in cooking spray. I'd recommend letting each side soak for about 30 seconds.
3) Place the strawberry preserves (ideally 1-2 tablespoons) and the half of a banana into a blender with a tablespoon of water. Blend.
4) Pour that blended goodness over your protein and complex carbohydrate packed badass snack.
5) Enjoy. It's delicious.

Nutrition Data:
498 calories a serving
63 grams carbohydrates
15 grams fiber
19 grams sugar (about half are good sugars from fruits)
8 grams of fat
42 grams of protein

Perfect for waking up after your body has gone without the intake of essential nutrients for 8 hours, and is likely catabolic.

God yes.
http://oi44.tinypic.com/nmwyfl.jpg

Last edited: