• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cooking Thread

bigjon

A quick, simple recipe for all you newbish cookers out there. It's a hearty stew. If you are bad with a knife, do not attempt(requires A LOT of chopping).

Ingredients:
1lb ground turkey (browned)
2 boxes chicken broth (tastes better than canned)
6 stalks celery
6 green onions (or 2-3 yellow onions)
6 carrots
6 medium potatoes

Empty broth into a large pot / slow cooker, add ground turkey. Slice carrots and celery. Mince onions and potatoes (the smaller you chop the potatoes, the faster they cook). For a better flavor, mince a little celery leaf and put it in. Add all to the broth. Heat to boiling if using stove top. Cover and simmer until potato is no more and the broth is thickened (potato will dissolve in the broth) and the carrots are fully cooked, stirring occasionally.

For a slow cooker, turn on medium heat, cook until potatoes dissolve and carrots are cooked.

Tao

Hare Boi
Made a pie today. Filled a springform cake pan with filo dough and then filled that shell with spinach, red onions sauteed with butter, cumin, and coriander, and feta cheese. Mmm.

Tao

Hare Boi
Well, had to post the tart I made. The filling has chocolate and walnuts in it and the glaze on top is melted dark chocolate and Grand Marnier (an orange-flavored liquor). Dusted with cocoa and topped with chocolate coated walnuts.

l1ugyrs.jpg

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Made coconut shortbread yesterday. Pretty good, even though I forgot the damn salt.

Next time I'll throw in some ground macadamia nuts too.

chocomage

I just made chicken bacon Mac and cheese with pepper jack cheddar and blue cheese. My only regret is it didn't not have the crumblies on top.

So, I learned a lesson this week. When making anything that requires a "vent hole", for the love of god, MAKE A VENT HOLE! My microwave still smells like rice.

dleedh

Throw a half-fist sized chunk of butter in the sauce pan.
Add equal amounts of white gravy and lemon juice. (roughly a tad bit more each than their is butter)
Add garlic.
Med-low until it is all liquid.
Cover the top with a light coat of blackened seasoning.
Poor over rice and chicken bits.

Also goes really good as a sauce to seafood.

Falafox

Chaotic Neutral
I know how to make muffins! And I love them so much.

Also,I don't cry when I cut onions, I am so hardcore.

Inignem

Pro-death amateur drawer
My hamburger recipe:

One kilogram of mashed cow meat.
One kilogram of mashed pork meat.
200 grams of pork lard
Two eggs
One onion
Two tomatoes
Some oregano
Some parsley
Mashed bread, or KFC style flakes may work too.

Cut all the ingredients in very small cubes and mix everything in a bowl. Proceed to do patties and cook them. Then make hamburgers adding gouda cheese, bbw sauce, lettuce, cooked bacon and moar tomato.

Warning: abuse in the consumption of this recipe may be harmful to your health but why you wanna reach old age anyways?

Last edited:

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
I make the best pies ever, and an absolutely amazing black forest cake, but I can hold my own on most things in the kitchen...hell, I had an ex-girlfriend who dumped me just because her family preferred my cooking to hers, and every time a holiday would come up, they'd call her and ask what I was making but not what she was making.

Picea

Worth Every Damn Penny
I'm looking for a good sweedish meatball recipe, I haven't had them in years, and I've been thinking of em.

My favorite thing to make? Catch myself some salmon in Northern NY state, make salmon burgers. Or, just a slab of salmon.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
I grabbed a patch of grapes and rinsed them down in a bowl
threw them in a cup and ate them

Rassah

Looking forward to this weekend when I'll be making a big pot of oden. Takes about 6 hours, and makes the whole house smell dilicious!

Tonight, though, I'll just make some cherry bread with maraschino cherries (like banana bread, but instead of banana...), and spread some Nutella over it.

Picea

Worth Every Damn Penny
Also, I haven't had a nice cast iron skillet in a while, a couple of friends a few years ago made a wild blueberry cobbler pie on one, with home made blueberry ice cream on top.

Anyone ever make dessert in a cast iron pan? How is it possible?

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
Campers do it all the time. You could even do pies if you were really motivated. I can dig out my camping skillets and make up some cobblers if you'd like? It's just about consistent heat management.

Picea

Worth Every Damn Penny
Well, If you decide to make a nice Cast Iron cobbler, I'm sure you would be happy with what you made, and I'd sure like to know how you did it.

DMAN14

The wettest wolf
So I'm thinking of cooking for a girl well... the girl I've like liked which turned into loved since I was five. So anybody got any suggestions for easy, but good meals? I was thinking maybe some chicken with steamed rice...

furslow

How to make mind blowingly juicy/awesome chicken slices for wraps and stuff

1. season your chicken on both sides (liberal amounts of salt and pepper)
  2. if you are feeling adventurous and don't mind the extra fat cut a slit in the middle of your chicken breast with a thin knife, stuff it with butter
  3. Heat your pan up to max heat
  4. throw in your butter
  5. put the breast in the pan skin side down if you have skin on it (you should hear a sizzle)
  6. immediately turn the pan down to medium high
  7. wait until the chicken breast is golden on the side touching the pan, then flip it
  8. turn the temperature down to medium low
  9. wait until the new side is golden as well and you can't see any of the inner pink from the outside
  10. then you can take it out of the pan and cut it into strips
  11. it should still have a bit of pink on some of the strips so throw 'em back in turn the heat back up to med high and fry it a bit
  12. voila super awesome chicken strips!

furslow

Unbreaded chicken Parmesan is always easy/sexy

Ingredients
  • 2 Chicken Breasts
  • Store bought or home made spaghetti sauce (if you want a really beast sauce recipe pm me)
  • spaghetti noodles
  • Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
  • Parmesan cheese

1. Season both sides of the chicken breast liberally with salt and pepper
  2. cut a slit in the middle of the chicken breast (lengthwise) and stuff it with mozzarella or cheddar
  3. heat your pan to high heat and throw in some butter
  4. place the chicken breasts in the pan (skin side down if it has skin)
  5. turn the temperature down to med-high
  6. wait until golden then flip
  7. cover with spaghetti sauce
  8. cover with grated mozzarella or cheddar
  9. turn temp to med-low
  10. cover pan with lid (this makes the pan act as an oven)
  11. check to see how cooked your chicken is cooked after ten minutes (if it's almost done start making your pasta now)
  12. if not check back in another ten minutes and repeat step 11
  13. serve over pasta and add parmesan at the end

Feyleaf

Still Sleepy
I love cooking when I have the energy! My specialty is home made bread, japanese rice balls, korean seasoned tofu and healthy meals. I cant cook meat well. Maybe next time I make skmething lovely, I'll post? maybe... :p
I don't cook often since I don't want to eat it all. mainly I steam a bunch of veggies and eat it on top of prepared grain or lentils because im too lazy to cook myself anything more complicated.