• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Cooking Thread

Tao

Hare Boi
Went to the market this week and got some stuff to play around with. Soba noodles, some giant trumpet mushrooms, squid, and cuttlefish! I'm pretty excited about it.

doomstarr7

anti-social guy in corner
this is a recipe from: A Man, A Can, A Plan, A Second Helping
Ingrediants:
4 Boneless Strip Steaks
10-oz can of beef gravy
4-oz can of sliced mushrooms, drained
and believe e it or not 1 8-oz can of redbull

In a ziplock bag mix redbull and 1 Tbsp of the steak seasoning. Drop steaks in the bag, refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 8. Fire up your grilll to medium high, or preheat the broiler. Debag the steaks and scatter 1 1/2 Tbsp of the remaining seasoning over them. Discard the marinade. Grill or Broil the steak 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare. In a microwave safe bowl, mix the gravy, mushrooms, and the remaining 1/2Tbsp seasoning. Nuke on high for 2 minutes, or until hot. Stopping to stir once or twice. serve with steaks

So if you try this recipe let me know how it turns out please.

Tully1991

I love cooking! Tonight I cooked tilapia, pan fried in butter with chili and garlic powder and salt and pepper with mac n cheese and peas and carrots! And a cold beer ;)

TheDukeofRawsome

Airship Gunner
I love cooking! Tonight I cooked tilapia, pan fried in butter with chili and garlic powder and salt and pepper with mac n cheese and peas and carrots! And a cold beer ;)

Solid dinner!

Tully1991

It was good! And that beer went well with the fish too!

Gorklad

I treated myself tonight and decided to make some wild mushroom Risotto. Its simple but god it just gives me such a hard on.

ThunderSprite

I have never quite cracked the code on how to make pork & sauerkraut such that the pork is tender throughout...

As it stands, I buy pork with bone in, pan-sear it briefly on high heat on all sides with sea salt and black pepper, drop it into the very bottom of a slow cooker, smother it with minced garlic, dump several tablespoons of apple cider vinegar onto it, then top with sliced apple, red potatoes, and organic live fermenting sauerkraut (and "juice"), with just a light sprinkle of caraway seeds. 12 hours later, it's DELICIOUS... except that the parts of the pork furthest from the bone are dry and tough. Cooking for less time worsens the issue, as does skipping any of the above-mentioned steps...

What's the secret to making it uniformly tender? Is 12 hours simply not long enough??

Nobel

King of the slides!!
I can cook almost any fresh water fish but I have been wanting to know how to cook sting ray and tilapia . Tho I don't take time to eat because I have to many goals in mind and I am usually out playing airsoft or busy with other hobbies. Good thing there are mil- MREs on the go.

Tao

Hare Boi
I've been cooking all sorts of mushrooms that I've found in the woods or grown! I just had a Chinese soup with tremella or snow fungus in it and tomorrow I'm going to sautee some indigo milk caps to see how they taste!

I made Kraft Macaroni 'n Cheese. Downed it with Grape Kool-Aid.
I'm a child again. :'D

Tao

Hare Boi
Big day today! I made:

Golden Chanterelles sauteed in olive oil and butter with garlic and leek
King Oyster Mushrooms/Eringi marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette and grilled on my grill
Oyster mushrooms sauteed in oil with apple cider vinegar
Maitake mushrooms roasted in olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme

Iceeat

Fun cooking fact of steak: Marinate it overnight in Sprite. You think Im crazy but trust me it taste absolutely fantastic.

Iceeat

Aurymn

I did not cook today but yesterday it was a rack of ribs with a homemade basting sauce that consisted of Worcestershire sauce, sweet n spice with additional honey for the glass with an additional herbal blend. Glazing it ever 5 minutes on broil after pre-cooking for 4 hours. With a side of mixed beans and carrots scalded crisp with butter.
The meat just fell off the bone with a nice glaze that was almost like a candied coating.

Tao

Hare Boi
I made a new recipe from some tremella fungus I had laying around. Put it in a pot with dates, water, cinnamon, sugar, and honey, and let it boil down to a syrupy consistency. Put the tremella and dates in a bowl and drizzle the syrupy sweet soup on top of it. So yummy.

Hyzoran

Lord of Chaos

Mei

Aderpable Fluffbutt
I made a vegetarian stir fry that turned out pretty well last night...

1lb tofu
2c sliced mushroom
1 sliced md red bell pepper
2 shallots sliced
3 md carrots chopped
1/2 head green cabbage
1 lg zucchini chopped

Olive oil to fry with, sriracha hot sauce or chili paste to taste, sweet teriyaki marinade to taste, garlic powder, ginger powder.

I sauteed the mushrooms, shallots, and tofu in olive oil with the garlic and ginger powders until they seemed good, then added some of the teriyaki sauce and sriracha and mixed well... set aside. Fry next ingredients starting with carrots and cabbage until the cabbage is slightly tender (dont overcook) then add the bell peppers and zucchini. Add more hotsauce and fry for about 4 mins. Add everything together and serve with rice.

Theres no real rhyme or reason to my cooking... quite honestly im surprised i remembered the specifics, but it was rlly tasty ^^